Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports "BIG 3" exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Well thats sounds unfortunate. I can say this for sure. Mike and Sean I know very well personally. They are both well above average techs. When you look at their own cars you see things that are beyond the normal LSX street car crowd. Dont care to even speculate what did or didnt happen, but they turn out ALOT of cars. If even 5% of those cars had the experience you say you did, this board would be littered. Good luck with your issues. But please keep this thread free of experience with service, or opinion on the shop. Its about a new product. If you want to post your own thread or in the feedback section go for it.

Brandon
I too sympathize with the experience you had, but have to agree you are part of a very small crowd. The vast majority of people are happy with LGM. With that being said can we get back to talking about the "BIG 3"'
Old 03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now back to opinions about the big 3, anyone, Buehler, Buehler.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some reason the big popular guys dynos such as lg, texas speed, thunder, futral, speedinc etc. all make higher numbers than most of the rest
Old 03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28AQUINO
for some reason the big popular guys dynos such as lg, texas speed, thunder, futral, speedinc etc. all make higher numbers than most of the rest
Maybe it's because they usually do better work, which is why they're the big popular guys
Old 03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there are 2 reasons for that. 1. They spend the extra time to dial the tune in that they often dont for a basic $400 tune customer. Remember to get a tune 90% is alot of work, and by that time its close enough to drive well and make good power. It really doesnt make sense to throw another 1 1/2 to 3 hours when the difference is nominal and you have 5 more waiting behind it. 2. They generally use every bolt on, and tweak possible, that not everyone does. I dont doubt that dyno tricks have and will again happen. But you can see the shops that put down power, time and time again.

Brandon
Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well the test car was baselined on lg's dyno with the pro longtube headers, g5x3 cam, and a full tune. The Ti was on the car for the base line. Next the Bullets were put on and several pulls were made. Finally the bullets were removed and the big 3 installed. Final increases vs Ti was 14 rwhp 19.5 rwtq, and vs the bullets the big 3 made an additional 7.3 rwhp and 7.3 rwtq. All tests were done on the same day, same dyno, no tricks. At any rate be skeptical if you want. I trust Louis and the boys at LGM, and doubt they would ever consider tricking out the results just to sell a rear exhaust system.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Maybe it's because they usually do better work, which is why they're the big popular guys
LOL CHOCO TACO

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports "BIG 3" exhaust