Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TA x-pipe true dual over both sides of axle exist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by headed-ws6
I dont have the relocation kit. It worked great. Its a pain to work around when working on the car. I had it 3 bolt flanged so the exahust is 3 pieces. the only thing that I have problems with is the i think its the tcs?? cables on the drivers side of the differential. It hits the exhaust since im lowered. other then that I have no problems. My kit is an eibach pro kit which lowers me alittle more then an inch.
Doesn't sound like any problems really and I'm sure the lines being hit can be fixed. I am only a BMR 1" drop but if your lower car can make it work, I don't see why mine couldn't. Thanks for the info, I will probably have to 3 bolt flange the exhaust as well like you did into a few pieces.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

Mine was done before I bought the car, completely custom and it was about a $1k.
Two spintech mufflers, no cats. Actually very quiet until you lay into it for what it is and flows awesome!
I basically go to an x pipe from the pacesetters that go around and clear the trans. from there 2.5 inch piping after x pipe side by side over pass side rear end into two side by side spintechs.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dansean1
Mine was done before I bought the car, completely custom and it was about a $1k.
Two spintech mufflers, no cats. Actually very quiet until you lay into it for what it is and flows awesome!
I basically go to an x pipe from the pacesetters that go around and clear the trans. from there 2.5 inch piping after x pipe side by side over pass side rear end into two side by side spintechs.
Sounds pretty cool, sucks you had to reduce the pipes to 2.5". I bet if you had the upper panhard relocation kit, you might have been able to get away with 3". I have never heard or read much about Spintech mufflers. Do they have better sound like deep muscle car or high rev rhasp or what? Are those the square mufflers?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

I'm lowered and had a 3" true dual going over each side of the axle. At the time there was no panhard relocation bracket. It was a pain in the *** and if I had to do it over, I wouldnt have got the duals at all, let alone 3" over the axle.

Anyways, with the 3" over the driver said, everything over there pretty much got in the way. Had to move and heat wrap the fuel lines. The other cables there were in the way. Then the damn exhaust hit the panhard mount on bumps. Overall, it was a bad idea. I dont blame anyone but myself because Im the one who insisted on trying it that way. I didnt want to neck down to 2.5" pipes.

Live and learn...

I have a catback again now.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Damn that sounds like quite the pain in the butt. Hmmm...trying to figure out what route to go now...
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I have to do this
Old 04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

I am going to go this route but only have two cats and two mufflers/resonators. It is a must for me and my car and I won't have it cross in the back.