Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearing up misconceptions of PCV systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 z/28
is my pvc system setup right or wrong?This is a procharged ls2 car my fresh air,I tap into the inlet hat after the filter,t/b is capped off all the ports on the valve covers are capped off I have a rev catch can and I run the from the valley cover with a chk valve to the bottom of the can and the top of it to the fast intake.I was wondering do I need a breather on one of the valve covers? thanks
Yes, you need incoming air. The stock system gets that via filtered air at the TB. The filter at the valve cover will work fine, though some have iddues with drippingoil on to the headers, but a trick for that is touse a sweat band around the filter. The only time we want sealed motor is if we are running a Vacuum pump.
Robert
Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

what's your take on this artical?

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/PCV...oval%20102.pdf

Last edited by printmanjackson; 12-21-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I only read the first two pages, but it seems to be correct info that is easy to understand. I wouldn't have a problem using the info to build my system off of.

your info on the puke cans seems also good. An engineered can will go much further in actually oil removal. many are nice looking, but they only pull minimal amounts of. i would say go with a proven performer. one of the sites vendors made one kit up especially for the LSx platform and IMO, you can't go wrong there.

I have a used Morrso (spell ?) brand puke can for sale. You could then choose your own style and looks on the plumbing. They have been selling these to the Hot-Rod market for many years and you would prob see more of this brand than any other at the drag strip. Not sure if it's on my web site in used section, but if interested I can send the info through PM.
Robert
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! increadible thread. thank you for this thread really helped me out im going to shoot you a pm with a couple questions
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very very nice..

Quick Reply: Clearing up misconceptions of PCV systems