Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just finished header swap - check this out

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just finished header swap - check this out

I just got done replacing my edelbrock LT's with pacesetter jethot LT's. I must say that i had nothing but problems with the edel's.... Leaks everywhere, major fitment issues and sound was terrible compared to the new setup.. The edel's took a whole day to get out and in doing so i found many points where it was leaking and had been dented from banging like mad on everything! I ended up pulling out the saw and hacking the pipes right off to get them out. The new headers and y pipe fit up perfectly no clearance issues and went in very easy. I started it up after and it was a world of difference soundwise. I also am putting a hooker muffler in place of the magnaflow to rid some of the rasp that the magnaflow has. I have seen many posts about the "What header should i get?" and i have some advise..
1. do not get edelbrocks 2. get headers that have been treated. 3. If your are looking to get a very well made set of headers for a reasonable cost get pacesetter.
Im sure there are "better" headers out there but you pay 1.5-3x's as much for them and for very little gain as far as looks/performance goes. my edelbrock LT's were 500... I got my treated pacesetters and ypipe for that same price and im 100x's happier... If you have the time and money and just want the best i understand.. but most of us want to get the most out of the money we have to put into the car and this was the best money spend so far...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn i was bout to get some edelbrock's. But you payed $500, there on sale for like $280 right now. So would you say ya there worth getting for $280?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the edelbrocks, i have no fitment issues. You WILL have to weld the collectors on if they are not already welded.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im getting my pacesetter today
i just ordered them with ORY and a nice cut out

700 with the o2 bungs....
my wife sponsors me
lol
Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

wow, i thought edelebrock made good products.........maybe a bad batch or something??