Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CC exhaust insert update! So long rasp!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003 | 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: CC exhaust insert update! So long rasp!

Great tip!
I have seen these things around for years, but worried about plugging exhaust flow.
I think I will put mine further back in the exhaust flow. The gasses shrink as they cool, so an insert would not be as much of a restriction the further back it was placed in the exhaust.
Thanks
Dave
Old 09-03-2003 | 02:43 PM
9 Second Club NA

Im not sure exactly where these go and what are the round things are for? I would download the video, but Ive got dial up and its one of the slowest connections. It takes me 30 mins. to download a 3 min. song! Ive got FLPs and currently running the cats it came with because with the off road pipes, its too loud, obnoxious, and raspy for me! Oh...and to add on to the loudness, Im running a non-modified Loudmouth! I wasnt happy with putting on the cats because I wanted the extra power, but I couldnt stand the noise! The idle is still the same, but just quieter, no more popping, no more rasp, but at WOT it sounds good to me! Thanks
Old 09-03-2003 | 04:54 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Bassani headers & ORP, stock I-pipe, Magnaflow muffler and Edelbrock tips. Oh yeah, a 218/218-114 cam .559 lift.
thats quite the setup
Old 09-03-2003 | 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Im not sure exactly where these go and what are the round things are for? I would download the video, but Ive got dial up and its one of the slowest connections. It takes me 30 mins. to download a 3 min. song! Ive got FLPs and currently running the cats it came with because with the off road pipes, its too loud, obnoxious, and raspy for me! Oh...and to add on to the loudness, Im running a non-modified Loudmouth! I wasnt happy with putting on the cats because I wanted the extra power, but I couldnt stand the noise! The idle is still the same, but just quieter, no more popping, no more rasp, but at WOT it sounds good to me! Thanks
You should try the inserts,either after the collector or in the I pipe, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 09-03-2003 | 10:34 PM
Launching!

Bassani headers & ORP, stock I-pipe, Magnaflow muffler and Edelbrock tips. Oh yeah, a 218/218-114 cam .559 lift.
thats quite the setup
Thanks jrp, my initials are rjp, so your cool.
The cam matches the headers real nice but the tips tend to resonate, as they are double-wall. I'm replacing them with SLP's CME.
Old 09-03-2003 | 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I was planning to make pipe blanks using 3" stainless straight pipe and a 2 disk insert to replace my RT cats. Do you think it would be too restrictive with 2 of these inserts (one per cat)? Otherwise, I guess I could just do straight pipe and one 2 disk insert in the I-pipe.
Old 09-06-2003 | 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Does anyone know what kind of difference in sound it would be between having one 2 or 3 disc insert in the I-pipe versus two 2 or 3 disc inserts in the header collectors?

Quick Reply: CC exhaust insert update! So long rasp!