Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd misfire, no check engine light, happens after car runs a little

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Z28ls1
I was told today Gm is known for failing coolent temp sensors, which read cold so the computer dumps fuel causes the miss or hesitation. I havent tried anything yet but where is the temp sensor that goes to the computer not the gauge location, on the front of the drivers side head?
Actually now that i think about it, my car does missfire and the Temp sensor has a piece broken off(still plugs in but a little loose) so maybe this can be my problem?? I just did my headers and the plugs looked new(only pot 7K on them in the past 2 years and the wires are fairly new(2 months old). But all this started as soon as i did my cam swap. Perhaps its' the cam install that messed with the timing??
Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idk Im gonna get one the guy at the parts store said there only 10 bucks and swap it out, anyone know where they both are and which one goes to the computer and not the gauge?

Quick Reply: Odd misfire, no check engine light, happens after car runs a little