Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake back piece missing...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Wow he filed a dispute with paypal over this? If what you advertised in pics did not have it, its not your issue. Used parts are normally sold as is and its not like this ls6 intake is ruined he does have options.
Fuckn' A I got options. Heres the **** I've done so far. Finally after two weeks of waiting for the time to put it on, I get the old one off and see what seems to be a small problem. No sweat, the old one should be easy enough to remove. WRONG! So I call the dealer and expect the part to be 50 bucks or so, whatever...gotta have it right? WRONG! Unserviceable they say. Look down into the old intake and can see how it's locked in. Think about prying or punching it out and then weigh in the fact that if I **** it up my car is down for a while and I have two unuseable intakes that will have to be epoxied or otherwise repaired. Now the old intake is back on the car and I gotta find time to go through the install again. The intake is not ruined, but it will require ruining another intake to make it work. I'm not gonna hack mine up because if I sell my car, I will demod it and need the old intake.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by veee8
I will plastic weld it for you if you want. No charge to help a fellow board member. I have repaired these before. If you don't feel comfortable removing the piece from the LS1 intake send them both. I can get it done within a day of receiving. Let me know.
That's very cool of you to offer. I think the seller has the old piece that's in useable shape and hope to get it soon. That would be the easiest route. Thanks for the offer.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Fuckn' A I got options. Heres the **** I've done so far. Finally after two weeks of waiting for the time to put it on, I get the old one off and see what seems to be a small problem. No sweat, the old one should be easy enough to remove. WRONG! So I call the dealer and expect the part to be 50 bucks or so, whatever...gotta have it right? WRONG! Unserviceable they say. Look down into the old intake and can see how it's locked in. Think about prying or punching it out and then weigh in the fact that if I **** it up my car is down for a while and I have two unuseable intakes that will have to be epoxied or otherwise repaired. Now the old intake is back on the car and I gotta find time to go through the install again. The intake is not ruined, but it will require ruining another intake to make it work. I'm not gonna hack mine up because if I sell my car, I will demod it and need the old intake.
Tim, Im gonna send you a picture of how the piece I have is damaged before I send it. You can install it or you will see the ears/clips that need to be depressed to remove the old one. I used this piece just the way it is for a entire season of driving my car, so I know it will work. I will send this thing on my Dime to you on your word that you will remove the dispute through paypal so my account can fixed and I can use it again. I will be waiting on your response to the picture I send before I ship it out to you.

Kyle
Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a plan. I'll take your word now that it will work and consider the dispute dropped. Should never have filed it anyway. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Sounds like a plan. I'll take your word now that it will work and consider the dispute dropped. Should never have filed it anyway. Sorry.
Thanks Tim, again I am very sorry you have had issues with this install. Ill send that piece out tomorrow for you.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is BS. You charged him like new price for that intake. The part thats missing is like a shortblock with a piston missing. Completely useless the way you sent it to him.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Force
This is BS. You charged him like new price for that intake. The part thats missing is like a shortblock with a piston missing. Completely useless the way you sent it to him.
Mind your own business you dont know ****. I didnt charge anywhere new price for the intake first of all. Second of all the price included paypal fees as well as $30 for shipping. And third the intake has 6+ hours of sanding and prep, as well as $50+ for paint and supplies. Butt your two sense in someplace else moron.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I said you charged him like new, not new price first of all.

If you have half a brain and look at the for sale section at all you will see that 300-350 is the going rate for ls6 intakes. Thats good intakes and not some bullshit thats missing parts that are not even supposed to be taken off & wont work until you jerry rig the **** up.

You know what really smells like the **** that your full of is the fact that you didnt mention that the part was missing. Man up *****, and admit that you burned the man.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Force
I said you charged him like new, not new price first of all.

If you have half a brain and look at the for sale section at all you will see that 300-350 is the going rate for ls6 intakes. Thats good intakes and not some bullshit thats missing parts that are not even supposed to be taken off & wont work until you jerry rig the **** up.

You know what really smells like the **** that your full of is the fact that you didnt mention that the part was missing. Man up *****, and admit that you burned the man.
Its not missing parts, that thing can be removed. I have painted more then a few intakes now and removed that everytime. You don't know what your talking about, nothing needs to be jerry rigged and we have settled the problem with me sending him the piece sinces hes unable to remove the one from his LS1 intake. So again, mind your own business.