Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do my QTP headers hit the k-member??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bring this back but figured its better then starting a new one. My QTP Header has been sitting on my K-member since i put them on 4 years ago and ive kinda just got used to the vibrations. Ive heard of where others have it hitting also but not sure if mine is in the same place. Mine is right at the A-arm mount ive tried unbolting and moving it up and to the front which helped but im still wondering what to do about these. I attached a picture below let me know if this is the smae spot for everyone and what they have done to solve the problem. would a tubular K-member help my situtation? I also have poly mounts already.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

My headers fit perfectly, I can almost get my fingers between the K frame and the header. If I were you SSJimmy I would grind down the K frame right there. I cant see it would take much to get that little bit of clearance you need.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Launching!

700+ & shipping & yet not fitting ..... & clearly above mentioned ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME !!!
& we called ebay header's a Fitting Nightmare talk about 1k & a handicapped K-Member !!
QTP has a good rep & won't let you down hopefully ... GLAD YOU SHARED YOUR EXPERIENCE ... (MUST INCLUDE A GRINDER WITH EVERY HEADER'S COMPANY LMAO)

Quick Reply: Why do my QTP headers hit the k-member??