Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax bullets vs. Sweet thunders in person

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my definition of loud, and its louder in person:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq8EvNSvu9A
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

I love my sweet thunders but unfortunately I have to get rid of them. I recently got a state ref ticket and I will be removing them and going with something more quiet.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
This is my definition of loud, and its louder in person:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq8EvNSvu9A
-Joel
That sounds nice.
How much quieter are the sweet thunders compared to this clip?

Also, anybody know what the average running rate to extend TSP to the rear is?

he set off an alarm!! hahahaha
Old 08-11-2008, 06:27 PM

On the Corsa website you can hear sound clips of a C5 Corvette with the Corsa Pace Car System. When it gets high in the rpms revving/WOT its definetly a high pitched system. But thats what Corsa systems are known for. Borla is the kind of system that has a deep rumble at idle, and menacing sound at WOT. With Sweet thunders i believe you will get the rumble your looking for, a muscle car style rumble.
-Joel
So at WOT it still has a low sound that you cant hear in vids? I like the idea of hearing a bassy note with a little scream now that i think about it . Just dont want ALL scream.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Much quieter, the shotgun resonators are just straight pipes on the inside. The sweet thunders will be loud at WOT, but nothing like the set-up im running. Also another thing i remembered is that my sweet thunders were 3"in/3"out with an inner dia. of 2.5". Doubt that made any difference in sound, but not sure if you guys knew that. And to continue the exhaust to the rear all depends on the shop you take it to, i would throw a number but don't want to give you false hope.
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aetos
I want a loud exhaust, but I don't want something so loud that I will go crazy driving it.
SweetThunders will give you the loudness and the rumble w/o going crazy.. Both mufflers sound good IMO but I took the chance on ST's and I love em. Every time I see a 5oh I always release the gas pedal...shhh!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hell Yeah Its Vtec
So at WOT it still has a low sound that you cant hear in vids? I like the idea of hearing a bassy note with a little scream now that i think about it . Just dont want ALL scream.
With the exhaust dumped the Sweet Thunders were definetly bassy, no doubt about it. Just standing behind the car with my cam it felt like my car was going to skip a beat. I think the sweet thunders are what you should be looking for. Then again thats my opinion.
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

With the exhaust dumped the Sweet Thunders were definetly bassy, no doubt about it. Just standing behind the car with my cam it felt like my car was going to skip a beat. I think the sweet thunders are what you should be looking for. Then again thats my opinion.
-Joel
werd.. If you can't hear them in person through a buddy you better off taking the chance buying them and checking for yourself. If that's not what you want then sell em on here.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

^ Good point, basically trial and error.
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man if you were a little closer I would let you listen to my car. I have the sweet thunders and an H pipe love it. I have TSP 5.3 heads with a MS3 ant the exhaust ran out the back and it is my no means quiet.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
werd.. If you can't hear them in person through a buddy you better off taking the chance buying them and checking for yourself. If that's not what you want then sell em on here.

... thats a good point. think thats exactly what ill do
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

One more question: Are the sweet thunders so loud that they will always get the attention of the nasty men in blue? Or you will only get the attention of the jackasses which are out to get us? Either way, if being attentive I can always kick the clutch pedal in and go silent.

And about the extension price, what is usually, don't care if you're not correct just want to get a ballpark figure.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just take your foot off the pedal man when those guys are around...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know how the cops are in your area, but in South Fl alot of people got motorcycles ex. Harley Davidsons. I think thats the only reason i haven't been bothered since in my loudest days those bikes are loud as f*ck. I don't think you should have a problem with the cops, long as your not getting on it with them in opposite lane. I would assume that the continue to the rear all depends if you want to go over the rear, or under. Over the rear is going to cost you a bit more, and under obviously cheaper. Im going to ball park something in the area of $200 to go under, then again it could be more or less. I just figure that since they are just going from in front of the rear and under without having to do so many bends as if you go over the rear.
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know how the cops are in your area, but in South Fl alot of people got motorcycles ex. Harley Davidsons. I think thats the only reason i haven't been bothered since in my loudest days those bikes are loud as f*ck. I don't think you should have a problem with the cops, long as your not getting on it with them in opposite lane. I would assume that the continue to the rear all depends if you want to go over the rear, or under. Over the rear is going to cost you a bit more, and under obviously cheaper. Im going to ball park something in the area of $200 to go under, then again it could be more or less. I just figure that since they are just going from in front of the rear and under without having to do so many bends as if you go over the rear.
-Joel
I'm in the 5 boroughs of NYC, and we have our fair bit of loud Harleys here. My friend's mustang was pulled over once for excessive noise in about a years time so thats not too bad. So, over the axle I'm gonna guess probably close to 300-500 dollars or so?

Is the clearance all that bad on a stock height TSP setup under the axle, or is it really worth going over the axle?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Obviously with under the axle its going to hang a bit lower than where the TSP system sits. Both have their pros and cons, over is mopre expensive but don't worry about clearance, and under is cheaper but will hang a bit lower. Theres a thread that was started a whileback with someone who posted pictures of their under the axle, or check out the Trual Duals sticky at the top. I don't think it should be that big of a problem, but then again i have seen speed bumps that my SLP LTs and Xpipe have trouble going over with at stock height. Im not sure how much the over axle is, i would shoot for $500 i guess.
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

bullets.........
Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

^ Definetly sounds tough
-Joel
Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two 12 dynomax bullets with LTs and no cats on my vette. It sounds pretty deep. Below is a video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSyrp_1mK0
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax1XP7-stlw that camaro has the bullets and it sounds amazing but ive heard other vids of the same setup and it sounds terrible. Is this vid accurate to what the bullets sound like in person?

Quick Reply: Dynomax bullets vs. Sweet thunders in person