Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow can you help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MagnaFlow are you here!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

call them
Old 08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by litle88
MagnaFlow are you here!

You do know this is not Magnaflows site? You may be seeing the Magnaflow ad on the external section link and thinking that they are here but their not.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
call them
I did they can careless, even though I registered my system with MagnaFlow, I have to go back to WideOpenSpeed , but WideOpenSpeed said their not sure since it was about 1year and 6 months ago, they'll have to get back to me on IT New Owners!

Originally Posted by Full-Force
You do know this is not Magnaflows site? You may be seeing the Magnaflow ad on the external section link and thinking that they are here but their not.
Wow thanks for your help but...
Generation III External Engine
LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accesories
Sponsored by Magnaflow

I believe they are full-force.
View Profile: MagnaflowRep
MagnaflowRep
LS1TECH Sponsor

Last edited by litle88; 08-20-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM them a link to here. I bet they would be willing to help once they knew of the situation. Whoever you got on the phone was probably a $6 an hour drone that doesnt know a piston from a tailpipe and repeats the company policy like a lemming and doesnt know any better.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
PM them a link to here. I bet they would be willing to help once they knew of the situation. Whoever you got on the phone was probably a $6 an hour drone that doesnt know a piston from a tailpipe and repeats the company policy like a lemming and doesnt know any better.

I know bro, I tried but you can't email them nor can you PM them!
Is that crazy or what?

You don't know the times I have recommended MagnaFlow CB's to others on this site and around here! My Uncle 05 GT magnaflow, Cousin 300 SRT8 magnaflow, 7year old Work Partner damn near family 07 5.7 charger magnaflow, cousin 96 mystic cobra magnaflow, my old man 02 avalanche magnaflow. And quite a few in the midwest section who I have also recommended Magnaflow and have gone out and bought one!

Now I cant even get someone to listen!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

explain to summit that the unit has a lifetime warranty and that they MUST contact magnaflow for a replacement. it is as simple as that
Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have to go through the vendor you purchased from?

I wonder if any other Magnaflow authorized dealer / vendor listed to the right can help out?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

I guess I would need help from a vendor after ALL!!

Magnaflow just sent me an Email and told me to **** my self!
Here are pieces of their E-mail...

Thank you for contacting MagnaFlow.

You will not receive a response from this email address.
In order to better assist you, we've prepared the below list of common questions & answers to help speed you to an answer.

How do I buy MagnaFlow NOW?

MagnaFlow being a manufacturer does not sell direct to consumers… but you can use our dealer locator or contact any one of the online retailers listed in the links below for pricing and availability. We strongly recommend using only Authorized Dealers, as warranties cannot be honored outside of this network. We advise against using online auctions, except those by Authorized Dealers. To be safe, use these links:

To find a local Dealer:

http://www.magnaflow.com/03dealer.asp

To find a mail-order or Nationwide Online Retailer:

http://www.magnaflow.com/03buyonline.asp

How do I file a warranty claim on my MagnaFlow product?

The warranty process begins with the original retailer where the part was purchased. You must FIRST contact your local retailer where you purchased the product for warranty assistance. MagnaFlow DOES NOT handle warranty claims directly.

MagnaFlow does not provide a warranty for the sound of the product. This is because individual taste is subjective and any warranty policy relating to sound would be subject to abuse. Customers are encouraged to visit our sould clips page before they buy a MagnaFlow product. Our sound clip files are extensive and are of the highest audio quality possible to ensure your satisfaction.

In claims of alleged defects, please be prepared to present your proof of purchase as the retailer may ask for it. An initial inspection of the part will be performed by the retailer to check for qualification. The shop will then contact their distributor to obtain a return authorization number. MagnaFlow will not accept warranty items without this number. Additional warranty information is available in the link below.

http://www.magnaflow.com/wideopen/warranty.asp

In other words if you bought it from a vendor not listed on their site then you are technically SCREWED!

WOW I hope this helps others that work 2 jobs and supporting their families like my self, and still manage to save their hard earned money to buy a quality exhaust system in staying away from this type of exhaust system!

I put my life on the line here on the Frickin mean streets of Chicago's worst neighborhoods, and buy a system that many on this site always recommend and carrys a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Then something goes bad and ask for a little help, which I never do and now they tell me oopps too bad soo sad

Last edited by litle88; 08-20-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

I don't interpret that as 'too bad so sad.'

Hopefully you can catch someone at Summit that's able to help out. If not, you've got nothing to lose...contact one of the other forum vendors.

The wording on Magnaflow's canned response is that the selling vendor "MAY" ask for proof of purchase. I'm not sure, but it's possible that any Magnaflow dealer could handle the warranty claim.

Any vendors out there reading this that can shed some light on the subject?

If you can help out, great. If not, can any options be offered? Can he purchase the one pipe/tip separately?

I don't want to get too wordy here...but I ran into a similar issue with a home theater subwoofer once (somewhat similar, in that I was about a month out of warranty). In the end, the big box store I purchased the item from told me I was out of luck. A smaller privately owned shop offered to charge me for the repair, but gave me a voucher for the amount they charged me...saying next time I needed to buy a product, I could get a discount for the dollar amount that I spent. That way, it would end up as a 'free' fix for me.

They earned a customer and I learned a lesson. For purchases like this, I stick with the smaller companies that I can talk to. Even if it's for a few bucks more, I know they'll help me out if I need it.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

I do hope someone can point me in the right direction?
I mean its just the drivers side TIP!

thanks Z x 4
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

I mean its just the drivers side TIP!
You have no idea how many times I have said this....unfortunatly...it is not that simple.

Here's the deal...

Magnaflow's warranty process all goes back to the dealer...they will not deal direct with customers. It's their warranty...but they tend to try and make whoever sold it do the legwork. Of all the companies that I get warranty claims with...Magnaflow is up there on the list I do not look forward to. Also, they do not send replacement parts...like say a new tip...they send whole systems.

You have to go back to the original dealer. The dealer will then purchase a new system to send to you. You will then have the option of installing the whole new exhaust, and reboxing the old system, or taking what you need from the new kit to replace the defective parts, and then putting the defective parts back in the new system. From there, the vendor then has to pick the catback up, and send it to Magnaflow...upon which they will be reimbursed for the new exhaust they sent. We have had to start making customers let us authorize their cards when we send them a replacement system because we had three instances where customers magically became unreachable after we sent them the new exhaust. Because of this, we could not get the old exhaust picked up to return to Magnaflow for credit and we had to eat the cost of the new exhaust.

It all really is not fun...but it is how they do things for some reason. You have to figure out how much you time is worth, and if it makes more sense to pay a shop some money to fix this...or if you want to waste your time fighting whoever you bought it from, and dealing with whole exhausts being shipped and dropped off.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

Wow MaryLand thanks for your input, I surely hope others wanting to buy an exhaust from them can see this!

I saw on their web site of a merlins by my house here maybe they can TIG weld the hanger back on or something. I appreciate the response.

I have your JetHot coated Pace headers and Y-pipe(uncoated) which I might be buying soon by the way. I am very satisfied with them, I always recommend those too.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

I put my life on the line here on the Frickin mean streets of Chicago's worst neighborhoods, and buy a system that many on this site always recommend.....
What does that have to do with anything related to your driver side exhaust tip?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up to Maryland Speed for clarifying how Magnaflow handles their warranty claims.

litle88 - Summit Racing is a big company. It might take a few phone calls to catch the right person. Did you just call their main number? I'd try the customer service line at 800.517.1035 as well as calling the retail store in Ohio at 330.630.0250. You've got a warranty on the part, they should help you.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
"I LilJay Jizzle have absolutely nothing good or constructive to say, so I'm staying out of it YO"
Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Thumbs up to Maryland Speed for clarifying how Magnaflow handles their warranty claims.

litle88 - Summit Racing is a big company. It might take a few phone calls to catch the right person. Did you just call their main number? I'd try the customer service line at 800.517.1035 as well as calling the retail store in Ohio at 330.630.0250. You've got a warranty on the part, they should help you.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
thanks Zx4 i will
Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Still think Magnaflow is here?

I tell you what. I will give you $100 for it right now the way it is.

Seriously, if this were my exhaust I would have already had it off the car boxed up and Summit would issue a call tag and it would be on its way back to Summit. My new one would be here next week and back on the same day.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

that's what i figured. If you live in the mean streets you should be able to figure out to get your exhaust replaced instead of whinning on the internet waiting for magnaflow to magically appear in your thread and send you a new exhaust tip. I hope your problem solving ability is better at work than on here.

You found out what you need to do. Good luck with it.

Yo.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 08-22-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

i'd be caling summit everyday. this thread is going nowhere