Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH owners please step in!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JScamaro
Here is the picture of my ground clearance. It is 3" at the lowest point, the driver side cat on my y pipe.

Wow your car must be lowered a bunch. I can fit that can under my whole system except for the cats. I have stock springs though.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys

jon what motor and trans mounts do you have. Even "good" stock rubber mounts sage 1/2 from the engine/trans wieght. And that you lose in the headers fitting up tight.
I have the poly motor inserts, and ES trans mout with the preload plate. They really have no sag like the stocks. Also install: I like the GM gaskets Ive installed a ton of Lts at new era. Slot the bottem out of the end bolt holes, pinch the very end of the gasket as you cut them with a cuttoff wheel so the layers. Don't get bent up as you cut.
Put the headers on with the end bolts half way in, then you can drop the gaskets in form the top. Start all ther bolts but keep therm lose, then pull the header up when you snug a few bolts to hold the header. The tighten them form the middle out. Its not a ton of room but you gain another 1/8 of "tuck" and its kinda a free mod for power. The ext port exits are not dead 90 off the flange, and still at a upward angle. Its not gona hurt.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have prothane motor mount and a stock trans mount. Had the prothane in there but it made too much noise. That and i couldnt tell if my pinion angle was bad or if it was the trans mount making alot of noise.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
Wow your car must be lowered a bunch. I can fit that can under my whole system except for the cats. I have stock springs though.
Yes, I am lowered but the drop was only 1.25 inches and the Koni shocks prevents me from having many issues.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Hey man it's just the bilstein level 2 supsension package which I do believe sets me down an inch.