Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best exhaust setup for slammed / lowered car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
Alright, so ive spent the past few days searching and reading up on different exhaust setups, and which ones have clearance issues. I have sportlines on my car, amd i love the slammed look. I want to upgrade my exhaust, but want to have the most clearance possible. I know the problem is going to be my Y pipe. from what ive read on here it seems that my best bet is going to be a custom Y made at an exhsust shop. Is this a safe conclusion to come to? does anyone have any recomendations (besides raising my car) for a header/Ypipe combo that wont drag with my sportlines? Ive read that BBK is supposed to have great clearance, as well as ARF? But the two threads i read about each person had the pro kit, not sportlines... Let me know what you think!

I have sportlines, and the Pacesetter headers w/ the ORY. Ground clearance is okay I guess considering how low my car actually sits. If I were you, dont even **** with the pacesetters. Look into those revised stainless steel LPP headers that some sponsor on this forum sells. I put my Pacesetters on just this past Thanksgiving break, and they are already looking like **** and have a pinhole leak at the collector. I kick myself in the a$$ for not going stainless, especially like the ones I just mentioned. BTW, u will have to do motor mounts also. My ORY banged like a ****. If you are wise, be smarter than some of us *cough* and do prothane motor mounts WHILE the headers are out of the way! Just some advise learned the hard way.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
do you have any pics of the finished setup from the side of the car, so i can get a profile view of the exhaust clearance? i dont know if u posted them in your other thread, for some reason i could only look at half the pics you posted, thanks
I'll do one better... I'll get a video of them this week for you

i've got a sound clip in my sig already... the "VIDEO" hyperlink...
Old 09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

heres some more

hit a speed bump

i dont mind it i love my exhaust
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^Wow

that's low!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Launching!

that is crazy low!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScrapinBye
I have sportlines, and the Pacesetter headers w/ the ORY. Ground clearance is okay I guess considering how low my car actually sits. If I were you, dont even **** with the pacesetters. Look into those revised stainless steel LPP headers that some sponsor on this forum sells. I put my Pacesetters on just this past Thanksgiving break, and they are already looking like **** and have a pinhole leak at the collector. I kick myself in the a$$ for not going stainless, especially like the ones I just mentioned. BTW, u will have to do motor mounts also. My ORY banged like a ****. If you are wise, be smarter than some of us *cough* and do prothane motor mounts WHILE the headers are out of the way! Just some advise learned the hard way.
This is the exact reason i wanted to stay away from pacesetter. Thanks for posting up. And ill def be doing the prothane mounts while i do the headers. i plan on having a "MOD WEEK" and just start putting on stock piled parts, but this all probable wont happen till next spring, im going use this winter to start get everything together, so ill be all ready to go next spring.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

XGthArO86X.... You are crazy! in the first pics you put up it didnt seem that low, i honestly dotn think you woul dbe able to pull into my driveway without scraping! im sure it sounds good though!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I'll do one better... I'll get a video of them this week for you

i've got a sound clip in my sig already... the "VIDEO" hyperlink...
Sweet! thanks man.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

ya i know..i bought it like that..scrapes pulling in my driveway got to go up angled..and dips in the road and drags if there ppl in the back

i dragged a armadillo about a mile ha

Quick Reply: Best exhaust setup for slammed / lowered car?