Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Inc. Does it again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LYNUS

There are many posts out there with a lot of secrets (weight of car, other mods not mentioned) that are held back
Yup,there's a few "tin cans" floating around here.

Congrats on the #'s,looks like you found a good combination.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have a report on Speed Inc's dry sleeved blocks....I think they are now the only one left that does not use the Darton wet sleeved units.....

???????????????????????????????
Old 10-28-2003, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something's wierd with the dyno #'s for sure. I dynoed there with the 3200 vig UNLOCKED and got damn near identical #'s as yours, but my trap speeds were crap compared to yours- only 111.75 mph. I never had the car weighed, but it's a Z with the no T-tops, no spare,jack, tunnel brace, floor mats, etc...
You're obviously cranking out WAY more HP than the dyno shows- I put your racewitght and mph in an ET calculator and it came up with 440 RWHP for your setup. Did you remove the cats at the track? Either way congrats- you've got a wicked *** ride.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Roadrunner 45
Something's wierd with the dyno #'s for sure. I dynoed there with the 3200 vig UNLOCKED and got damn near identical #'s as yours, but my trap speeds were crap compared to yours- only 111.75 mph. I never had the car weighed, but it's a Z with the no T-tops, no spare,jack, tunnel brace, floor mats, etc...
You're obviously cranking out WAY more HP than the dyno shows- I put your racewitght and mph in an ET calculator and it came up with 440 RWHP for your setup. Did you remove the cats at the track? Either way congrats- you've got a wicked *** ride.
I have t-tops, sub frames, strut tower brace, lca's, drive shaft loop... only thing missing on my car is back seats...nothing else taken out or replaced for weight. i did run on some skinnies, but had stock rims with ET streets out back. No I didnt take the cats off the car... havnt ran the car with out cats... this car is a DAILY DRIVER....drove the car out of town numerous times...as in 500+ miles in a day... this is a real street car! I wish I could get the car dynoed right now with a locked converter, but they couldnt get it locked.... oh well, like I've said before... Id rather have a track car than a dyno queen....