Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How exactly are some people getting 420+rwhp/410+rwtq...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How exactly are some people getting 420+rwhp/410+rwtq...

Tell Raughammer he's a liar for going 11's on a stock headed/cammed 98 LS1....

The 241 castings flow extremely WELL...coupled with the tuning, great cams available, and LS6 intakes why cant you get those numbers?

Hell I made 400+ with Stg 2 heads, LS1 intake, 218/224 cam, no pullies, no "Tricks"....just put the heads on, that lil cam and drove to MTI where Jayson tuned the car and dyno'd it.

Swapping to the X1, thru a slipping trans I still made over 420rwhp....with LS1 intake..not the LS6.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How exactly are some people getting 420+rwhp/410+rwtq...

it was in no intention aimed at you, sorry about that. but i can say that i will set my dyno next to just about any heads/cam combo and mine has more or just as much under the curve. HP wise that is dont know about the TQ

I here so many people talking about peak ## but i look at my dyno sheet and i have very good low end TQ and very good low end HP. My dyno sheet looks like JS12's except his TQ is higher. I make as much or more TQ down low than alot of other cam only cars. The same will also go for HP. I would like to run another cam (other than G5X-2) only car that has more so-called TQ down low and see what the outcome would be. I also see alot of H/C cars that dont put out the same power as some of us G5X-2 cam only cars. Face it LG did their homework!