Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help fast! wont start after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009 | 02:40 AM
I need a gauge for that

haha, well, I only got about 20 miles down the road before my trans cooler exploded and I lost all forward gears because there wasnt any fluid left. hopefully the trans isnt damaged.

fml.
Old 03-02-2009 | 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
I found my problem.

Short answer, Im a dumbass.

Long answer is my cam gear was not lined up properly with the crankshaft gear. On the instructions it said to line up the holes, well mine didnt have a hole so I figured it meant the cam stud (that little piece that sticks out of the cam into the gear) since there is a hole in the gear for it that is not lined up with the other 3. I didnt realize this error until got-a-ls1 showed a picture and i realized I was lining up the wrong hole. Instead of a hole on my cam gear it was a little indention near the teeth so with the chain on you cant notice it.

After taking the whole thing apart, again, and lining those up properly this time, and putting everything back together, she started first try and idles fine.

Now hopefully the transmission will be fine lol.... that sucks

Thanks for all your help guys.
thats why i posted the pic , glad it helped out!! its easy to mis align everything with the oil pump on. Your very lucky you didnt bend any valves!! good to hear you got it running!

Quick Reply: need help fast! wont start after cam install