Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

109xxx miles and a cam, whats going to go BOOM first?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it is a 6 speed car!!! mis-shifts, float a valve???? thanks for all the replies....big help!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

IDK, Hopefully nothing goes boom cause I got a 134K mi car Ima bout to drop in a Heads, cam, intake, oil pump, timing, etc..... the only things Im not replacing is the shortblock and I am hoping that is loose enough and solid enough to hold the extra airflow Ima bout to push through it. If not, I imagine my bearings or rings will let go first. Because of the increase in flow with new heads, gaskets and better sealing valves, I say the rings will go first.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
IDK, Hopefully nothing goes boom cause I got a 134K mi car Ima bout to drop in a Heads, cam, intake, oil pump, timing, etc..... the only things Im not replacing is the shortblock and I am hoping that is loose enough and solid enough to hold the extra airflow Ima bout to push through it. If not, I imagine my bearings or rings will let go first. Because of the increase in flow with new heads, gaskets and better sealing valves, I say the rings will go first.
100% agree on this Mostly the ring but the bearing is very likely too bcuz of the high rev.

I'm on the same boat. I've a 02 M6 with 104k miles and I'm goin to H/C/I the car to 11.x:1. I agree with the others about replacing the lifter. If you leave them, you're asking for trouble. If you can't afford new head and have 241 head, I'll take them to light port and mill. With over 100k miles, it's recommended to service the head anyway if you reuse them.

I dunno if anyone bring it up. Maybe it's a good idea to get new STOCK rocker arm or send them out for rebuild. That's part of the valvetrain most the time people forget/don't care about it.