Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

<font color="darkblue">
Oh boy...

I see it's not just limited to the Mustang Forums...

"warped" Ed

"Kill... kill.... Kiiiiillllll......."<!--color--></font>
Old 10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL..they are in every forum on every board not this particular one at this time....

My personal experience is this..

Jay (at Absolute) offers phenomenal customer service for an excellent price, is very congenial, and doesn't have to rely on "pimpin'" to satify his customers needs.

Ken (at Eastside) also offers exceptional customer service and more-than-competitive prices, and testiment to that customer service is loading eight customers cars on his tractor trailer and eight customers in a huge camper from the NY/NJ/CT area to race at MIR.. which they ALSO helped sponsor.

As far a LG Motorsports goes, they are way too far for us Yankee's but the products he markets have proven sound and have delivered... ie G2 Cams &amp; suspension stuff.

In my opinion, the absence of Cartek proper on this board (and others) has been regretably replaced with strident, narrow-minded "inner-circle" disciples who can't fathom that other places are *also* doing thier homework. Look at the top of the LS1-Tech E/T sheets..

I do see NoGo (tuning) LG, MTI, Slowhawk, JPR, LPE, Rapid, etc (and many others) actually contributing here with experiences and intellectually enriching this board. Sponsoring events is another small way to "give back" to the lifeblood of shops- customers.

Old 10-17-2003, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

I tend to agree but these threads are like a car wreck, people just have to slow down and look

Old 10-17-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL Lou, from your post you dont need any "pimps" because you are pimping your products and Absolutes speeds enough as it is, and you have your son to help you. Its called advertising and some sponsors do the talking themselves while others let their customers do the talking. And I disagree that even on a tech forum, you dont tell someone their numbers suck because they just dropped a couple grand for their setup and they know their numbers arent great, but they dont need you telling them they should have bought a different product. BTW niphilli is right - you have a lot of pimps in the autocross and handling forum as well as corvetteforum.com.

oh Lou,in all seriousness, can you design a cam for the CA people that has great power and will pass smog? Your G5X2 is just a little to big , and I would like to see what you can come up with compared to TR's Old Man Cam and MTI Stealth Cams. Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If i remember correctly, Cartek did post a lot on this forum in the beginning, but I think they were discouraged from actively participating in this forum because of the same exact **** that Lou is posting about now.

Thats been my biggest complaint about these types of sites, is that some people just can't stand to hear of someone else success, and therefore they chase away a valuable commodity - the people on the forefront of R&amp;D for our engines. Its immature, childish, and personally, these bashers are just ********. If you dont believe someones claim - fine, shut your hole and dont believe it. If it is an outrageous claim, it wont hurt to ask for more specific details in a respectful fashion. If they keep proving their claim, then re-evaluate your opinion of them. At no point should a sponsor be bashed for anything other than customer service or failure to deliver promised HP. If you havent dealt with the sponsor in question, then you have nothing to say.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Ken at Eastside does provide exception customer service. I agree based on my purchase from Eastside.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

What makes me sick is the constant "show me your numbers and I'll believe you" crap. I can fake a dyno chart, a timing slip, a dyno run, lie about my times, lie about my setup that achieved those times. Are these people really that clueless? Anyone can post about fantastic times and any reader can choose not to believe them. Challenging or arguing about it is useless noise that reduces the usefullness of this board. On the other hand, if this is a technical forum, why are vendors pimping themselves anyway? Sure, it is advertising, but they have that over to the right. They can brag on their web sites. That is a seperation that is probably impossible to enforce, as any vendor's customer(s) can pimp for them, but would, IMHO, improve the signal to noise ratio of this board.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

But since this is a Cylinder head thread, I don't think you could go wrong with either our LGM cylinder heads OR Absolute speed heads. All the others have too much hype, and too much "Pimp Factor" without outside validation on a large number of independent cars.

Thanks, and I am not trying to step on any toes here, just wanted to put my .02 in.

Thanks and keep the good forum going.

your a funny guy louie.
Complain about being bashed then say use ours or absolute heads the others are too much hype. Hello Louie isn't that a bash?

ohh poor you.

the funny thing is the thread you thought one of the other sponsers bashed you,I didn't see it as a bash. He stated that a .600 lift cam would be harder on valve train parts and could lead to broken springs. Is that a bash on you louie? was it a lie?
You then flew off the handle and bashed him instead. Maybe more people should just grow up.
as far as the other sponsers bashing each other I guess the truth is in the puddin. would you bash a guy who was not a sponser and they buy 2 sets of heads from you. then become a sponser and say how good there cnc heads are? I know for a fact it has happened on here.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr B. u still continue to act like a jackass...
Thats all I got to say about that....

Old 10-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Mr B. u still continue to act like a jackass...
Thats all I got to say about that....
I don't know what history you guys have, or what past experience you're basing that comment on, but I don't think he was out of line here. Sure, I wouldn't call his post "polished" but I wouldn't call him a jackass for saying what he said. I like a guy who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.

As long as we're stirring the **** here, I may as well roll up my sleeves and grab a spoon. There is more drama surrounding LGM than any three other shops combined. There is always some whining about who's stealing his R&amp;D, who is pimping other products, or who is bashing the LGM product line.. Boo Hoo.. LGM either feels like LS1 owners OWE them blind loyalty, or they just can't take the heat of the competition without having to cry foul... I can't make my mind up which it is.

And I don't know when LGM and Absolute became partners exactly, but if that co-marketing in your post isn't "pimping" I don't know what is. I think LGM is playing the old game of "no such thing as bad publicity." Get your name out there anyway you can... Bash competitors, whine about being picked on, shroud cam specs in "secrecy" just for hype (*cough* *cough* G5X2 = off the shelf comp cams grind *cough*), and then these transparent appeals to the sympathy of forum goers.

I hear mostly good things about LGM products. No one I've seen has bashed your products. Furthermore, the ONLY posts I've ever read that made me NOT want to buy LGM products were posted by LGM staff! How's that for irony? The very unprofessional way you conduct yourself, and the belligerent way you and your staff address the competing shops on here is cause for negative feedback. I think you need to learn the difference between someone bashing your personality, and someone bashing your products. The way I see it, most people are just sort of hinting that they think you're a *****, and you receive that as an attack on your shop, or your products.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I do greatly appreciate any shop that activley participates in this forum. Its always nice to be able to chat with the people im going to buy stuff from. As far as vendor bashing one another I really steer myself clear of that and dont feel I have a good opinion of it. So to Lou and all you other sponsers out there please keep posting your stuff, try to keep it positive, and keep it coming. It seems everything here that goes wrong is caused by someones reply post, but remember there are always those people who just read the forums and make their decision on the subject a private matter. Im one of them.

Phil
Old 10-17-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

As long as we're stirring the **** here, I may as well roll up my sleeves and grab a spoon. There is more drama surrounding LGM than any three other shops combined. There is always some whining about who's stealing his R&amp;D, who is pimping other products, or who is bashing the LGM product line.. Boo Hoo.. LGM either feels like LS1 owners OWE them blind loyalty, or they just can't take the heat of the competition without having to cry foul... I can't make my mind up which it is.
The drama surrounding LGM is mostly due to jealousy, IMO. A year ago, when LG had a 460+ RWHP car, everyone called BS, can't be, impossible, dyno tricks, graph spike, blah blah blah. Yet when other shops come out with 450+RWHP cars, everyone is too busy swinging from their ***** to question them. As far as stealing his R&amp;D, ask TEA what cam they have in their awesome 9 sec Corvette. As they describe it, "a G5X2 copy". Ask how the specs of the X2 came out. Ask why I have had no less than 50 PMs and Emails asking for the specs to the G5X3 since I put it in my sig. Why would anyone possibly want to know that info? Surely, nobody would copy the specs, would they?

And I don't know when LGM and Absolute became partners exactly, but if the co-marketing that you did in you post isn't "pimping" I don't know what is. I think LGM is playing the old game of "no such thing as bad publicity." Get your name out there anyway you can... Bash competitors, whine about being picked on, shroud cam specs in "secrecy" just for hype (*cough* *cough* off the shelf comp cams grind *cough*), and then these transparent appeals to the sympathy of forum goers.

AS and LGM are not partners, they just have a proven combo that works. As far as "get your name out there any way you can", LG is usually brought up in the threads. Remember, the sincerest form of imitation is flattery. As far as the secrecy, care to answer the above question? [Ask why I have had no less than 50 PMs and Emails asking for the specs to the G5X3. Why would anyone possibly want to know that info? Surely, nobody would copy the specs, would they?] I mean, any fool can come up with a successful cam design, right? They're just *cough* off the shelf grinds, right? *cough* As far as an off the shelf grind, ALL cams are designed from lobes that Comp already designed. The combination of duration, lift, degrees of timing ground in, lobe seperation, valve event timing, and ICL all play crucial roles in the success (or failure) of a particular camshaft. You can call Comp right now, and order a G5X2 (232/240 112) 5 different ways, and get 5 totally different cams. If you are so sure that cam desigining is so easy, give it a shot, and do a back-to-back test versus the X2 or X3. (Don't even make me bring up the X4 or X5 )

No one I've seen has bashed your products. Furthermore, the ONLY posts I've ever read that made me want to NOT BUY LGM products, were posted by LGM staff! How's that for irony? The very unprofessional way you conduct yourself, and the belligerent way you and your staff address the competing shops on here is cause for some negative feedback.
Do a search from when the G5X2 came out, see if you see a pattern. I have spoken to Lou on many occasions, and I can assure you, he is far from unprofessional, and has been attacked unfairly on several occasions (either directly or indirectly). If you judge what products you buy by what you *think* someone is like on the internet.... Call Lou sometime, and speak to him, you're attitude about him might change.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions... :p

Old 10-17-2003, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

hey phil was it number 6 rod?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

hey phil was it number 6 rod?
Who is Phil, and why is that being brought up? Wanna get into under performing and faulty products? I would guess that no-one from TEA would want to go there....
Old 10-17-2003, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

I wanst talking to you JR, Phill would be the guy above your post whose sig reads ls1 with a thrown rod not only are you ugly your stupid

Did anyone here post lou's stuff doesn't work? TEA will tell you they use a g5 copy. Cause they like it!

Now go back to pimping for Jay and Louie but don't forget to take one out of your mouth before you inhale the other
Old 10-17-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Old 10-17-2003, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I wanst talking to you JR, Phill would be the guy anove your post whose sig reads ls1 with a thrown rod not only are you ugly your stupid

Did anyone here post lou's stuff doesn't work? TEA will tell you they use a g5 copy. Cause they like it!

Now go back to pimping for Jay and Louie but don't forget to take one out of your mouth before you inhale the other

A: I'm not a junior.
B: I am neither ugly or stupid. What are you, in junior high? Please, I would be embarrased if I was a grown man and couldn't come up with anything better than that.
C: Who's pimping who? Search LG's threads, then search TEA threads, I bet I'm in less of LGs threads than you are in TEAs threads. Wanna check on that? Thought not.
D: The only thing my mouth tonight is my dinner and a bad taste from my TEA "experience" Funny, you say I am a pimp. Wanna search threads as I asked above?

E: How are the TEA cams doing? :p Hopefully better than the heads.

-Shawn :Had TEA heads, before I knew any better:
Old 10-17-2003, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

did you ask them for an exchange? then who is at fault? Whine about some more
Old 10-17-2003, 11:02 PM
Launching!

As far as stealing his R&amp;D, ask TEA what cam they have in their awesome 9 sec Corvette. As they describe it, "a G5X2 copy". Ask how the specs of the X2 came out. Ask why I have had no less than 50 PMs and Emails asking for the specs to the G5X3 since I put it in my sig. Why would anyone possibly want to know that info? Surely, nobody would copy the specs, would they?
Brian DID refer to it as a G5X2 copy, and if you want to split hairs, he PROBABLY should have referred to it as "A copy of a Comp Cams grind, called the G5X2, that they then copied." lol. The point that you are clearly missing is, all that hype, and all that secrecy about the G5X2 specs, as well as the whole routine about "we're only selling them if WE install them" was a gimmick. It was a brilliant gimmick, I'll give it that, but if that's what it takes to sell cams, why don't they just package them with a “toy surprise” inside like they do with cereal boxes? That cam is a direct copy of a Comp Cams part.. duration, lift, the whole 9. You were scammed. lol

AS and LGM are not partners, they just have a proven combo that works. As far as "get your name out there any way you can", LG is usually brought up in the threads. Remember, the sincerest form of imitation is flattery.
Usually brought up in threads huh.. like this one? And I think you mean, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" but I don't see how that applies here, unless you mean that Comp Cams should be flattered that LGM liked their cam enough to re-label it "G5X2" and then attempt to mystify it's origins. And I don’t know how you define “partners” but co-promotion of product qualifies as a partnership where I went to school.

Do a search from when the G5X2 came out, see if you see a pattern. I have spoken to Lou on many occasions, and I can assure you, he is far from unprofessional, and has been attacked unfairly on several occasions (either directly or indirectly). If you judge what products you buy by what you *think* someone is like on the internet.... Call Lou sometime, and speak to him, you're attitude about him might change.
Isn't it peculiar how accomodating people can be when you have your wallet out? I wonder why that is? AAAAAAnyway.. I tend to disagree with you on the matter of evaluating "good guy/bad guy". What guy is going to act like a dick when you're stuffing hundred dollar bills in his pocket? That, to you, is a good means by which to judge character? Personally, I tend to value the actions I observe here MUCH more highly as accurate representation of character.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

B: I am neither ugly or stupid. What are you, i

stupid is going off on someone with out reading the post. That is to say typing " who is *** and what are you bringing them up for" means you open your mouth before your mind..Get it? thats stupid. If you look like your pic in your avitor your ugly........and fat