Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: A thing or 2 about a thnig or 2 without bashing.

I also have to agree with Brent(I think) at TEA in that same post when he said something like,....if the G5X2 cam was used with about any good ported head it would get the same results as AS. I agree. I know what the AS heads flow compared to the afore mentioned heads. My heads, GTP's, MTI's, LPE, and others WOULD make the same power or more everything else being equal.

What else is Brent suppose to say? "Yeah, TEA heads will not produce the same power as XXX heads, with the same cam"? Of course not. I have seen several G5X2 dynos with different heads, and I can tell you, that TEA heads are nowhere close to the others. But, then again, the G5X2 flows past .570 valve lift. If you really think all heads are created equal, you are most likely in for a surprise. Look at all the less than 400rwhp dynos out there, and all of the high 11 and low 12 sec H/C ETs, and you will quickly realize that all herads and cams aree not created equal. They need to compliment each other and work together. Not all head porters have the same ideas and philosophies.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why waste time asking me for specs, just ask Lou to confirm. He wouldn't get near the question with a 10 foot pole when I was asking about it in the locked thread..

Old 10-18-2003, 11:09 AM

Why waste time asking me for specs, just ask Lou to confirm. He wouldn't get near the question with a 10 foot pole when I was asking about it in the locked thread..

I know quite a few sponcers here that wont release cam specs... Some even made the 1000+ mile drive to get the package that dynos 20-30 HP less here in FL.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

hey phil was it number 6 rod?
Dunno taking the heads of the car today.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

I asked you because, according to you, Lou did nothing special but pull a cam off of Comps shelf, and call it his own. My point was, and still is, there is more to a camshaft than the duration and lift. Lou has tried several different G5X2s, and several different G5X3s before the "real" X2 and X3 were released. Some things work and some things don't, but it is never as easy as calling Comp and saying "I want a 232/240" cam. By your response, it is obvious that you know little about camshafts, and should not try and sound otherwise. (IMO, if you get into a thread and spew about something that you know nothing about, just to comment on the character of the shop owner, that is bashing, in my opinion)
Old 10-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know quite a few sponcers here that wont release cam specs... Some even made the 1000+ mile drive to get the package that dynos 20-30 HP less here in FL.
Messing with me is one thing, but messing with my friend is another.. He still dyno'd higher than your ***.. I saw your dynograph. That was not valve float.. If that is valve float then every car down here in Florida has it.. It must be a disease.. Its funny how your head porter did not just say they were changing the springs. They offered to upgrade to 2.5's as well.. Why is that..? Do they do that for every low dyno'ing car in America? I dyno'd higher than you with my Stage I's and you have so called better heads than me. Also, you have a better exhaust system. You took your time to pick the so called best parts and still ended up with STAGE I's.. When you can put the rods in right you let us know. Just so there is no confusion on who I am talking about. This response is for Country Boy..
Old 10-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Shorty Director

This is valve float. https://ls1tech.com/threads/showflat...14&fpart=1

This is not.. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91485227VZsMOL

Notice how smooth the 2nd dyno is.. The smooth transition from peak to decending horsepower. Thats a perfect dynograph of a car TRULY making 422rwhp/389rwtq. The only thing is wrong with that car is the rods are in wrong..

If the 2nd dynograph is valve float then we all have it..
Old 10-18-2003, 04:37 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Listen up Cuntry boy,
Your a director here? thats a joke, and for the record, Mike dynoed straight up 12-13 less there, not 20-30 so save the dramatics. that could even be a dyno varience of 2% facility to facility but put the best numbers up on that dyno.

If Mike short belted it at S.S. the way he is going to run it at the track, that would put him at 447 RWH SAE THERE so do your math and less player hating. The reason I KNOW your comment was directed towards Mike is because I got the whole story about your program here, your transparant.

JP
Old 10-18-2003, 04:44 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

.. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91485227VZsMOL

You think you can run it any leaner? Damn! At least Mike burns 12.8-13.0
Old 10-18-2003, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I was impressed with JPR & Mikes dyno #s, even here in Fl. I do believe its a weather thing and we probably wont see any 450 rwhp cars here for a while. But the fact is he is the highest dynoing car in this area. By a decent amount. So that say something.

But all this bashing is sooo pointless. There is too much variance between dynos, area, car setups, weights, tracks, drivers etc etc to make any fair comparison. You certainly cannot make a hard pitch for one vendor over another especially when we are talking about a few HP here and a mph or two there. The variances in conditions are just too great. All the major sponsors have put dowm near the same #s at one point or another.

Old 10-18-2003, 04:58 PM

Messing with me is one thing, but messing with my friend is another.. He still dyno'd higher than your ***.. I saw your dynograph. That was not valve float.. If that is valve float then every car down here in Florida has it.. It must be a disease.. Its funny how your head porter did not just say they were changing the springs. They offered to upgrade to 2.5's as well.. Why is that..? Do they do that for every low dyno'ing car in America? I dyno'd higher than you with my Stage I's and you have so called better heads than me. Also, you have a better exhaust system. You took your time to pick the so called best parts and still ended up with STAGE I's.. When you can put the rods in right you let us know. Just so there is no confusion on who I am talking about. This response is for Country Boy..
Let me sit here and waste my time....

He offered to up grade because I have to take the heads off and send them back. The Comp 987s float, might not be severe, but its there. I also verified it with LG that they have had problems with the springs.. Its even been verified with Comp that they float with the XE-R type lobe and recommend the 977s. When a valve doesnt close all the way, it loses power. Period!! How did I end up with stage 1s? Also... when can even change your own oil without paying someone to do it, then we can talk on the same level.... why dont YOU pull your own motor and fix it instead of paying someone $7,8,or 9k(?)for a short block...... So swing off Brandons sac some more.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Launching!

I asked you because, according to you, Lou did nothing special but pull a cam off of Comps shelf, and call it his own.
BINGO!

By your response, it is obvious that you know little about camshafts, and should not try and sound otherwise.
I'd be more than happy to compare notes with you anytime you feel like learning something. In the mean time, I can think of a few better things to do than try to impress you for your own reasons. After all, you're a nobody. What I said stands, and if you want to press this point, ask Lou to post here in the forum EXPLICITY that he DID NOT use an off the shelf CC grind for the G5X2.

Old 10-18-2003, 05:01 PM

Listen up Cuntry boy,
Your a director here? thats a joke, and for the record, Mike dynoed straight up 12-13 less there, not 20-30 so save the dramatics. that could even be a dyno varience of 2% facility to facility but put the best numbers up on that dyno.

If Mike short belted it at S.S. the way he is going to run it at the track, that would put him at 447 RWH SAE THERE so do your math and less player hating. The reason I KNOW your comment was directed towards Mike is because I got the whole story about your program here, your transparant.

JP
And your a sponcer here... myabe a joke also, huh... I like the way you spelled my SN

My program here? Transparent?

My point to the post was that LG isnt the only one that wont give full cam specs. That was all. You wouldnt even tell the owner what the cam has.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:02 PM

.. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91485227VZsMOL

You think you can run it any leaner? Damn! At least Mike burns 12.8-13.0
Read mail order tune... They didnt know what to do because of my exhaust and a new motor so its wouldnt wash the cylinders.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:06 PM

Geesh... all I was trying to say was that alot of people dont give cam specs....
Old 10-18-2003, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

He offered to up grade because I have to take the heads off and send them back. The Comp 987s float, might not be severe, but its there. I also verified it with LG that they have had problems with the springs.. Its even been verified with Comp that they float with the XE-R type lobe and recommend the 977s. When a valve doesnt close all the way, it loses power. Period!! How did I end up with stage 1s? Also... when can even change your own oil without paying someone to do it, then we can talk on the same level.... why dont YOU pull your own motor and fix it instead of paying someone $7,8,or 9k(?)for a short block...... So swing off Brandons sac some more.
Carl i seriuosly doubt you have valve float looking at your graph. Your tq #s are not even near what the other packages dynoed and i doubt your valves are floating at peak TQ rpms. Too low.
And as far as the comment about Vince changing his own oil....not called for. I could have some cheesy comeback like...."well atleast hes smart enough to know what NOT to do himself". If you followed that advice you would not be pulling your terminal bottom end that you JUST rebuilt yourself. Sure you may have saved some cash....but now you have to do it all over again. So who had the better plan?
Old 10-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Shorty Director

I do change my own oil.. I work 50 to 60 hours a week and I do not have time to build a motor. It would take me a year. Oopps. That sounds like you.. I have no problem paying to get something done right the first time.. I put 10k miles on my 918's. I am really surprised they lasted as long as they did.. Once again. Your dyno does not show valve float. That sounds like an excuse for low #'s.. Actually you should be happy with those #'s. If you were in Texas you would dyno 502rwhp/480rwtq out of a 346ci. Just kidding guys. I am messing with Carl and not the rest of the Texas crew.. Back to bashing County.. I like the way local everyone thinks I make mad loot.. I make the avg IT salary which is not much now-a-days. I just manage my money well.. I try to pay cash for everything. Debt only kills you if you lose your job.. Right now my job is not secure.. Anyway, speaking of hanging off Brandons nuts, until you dyno higher than his Stage I's with Mac Headers and 4.10's.. Thats right.. You dyno'd with 3.42's.. LOL!!!!!!!!! You will always have Brandons pubic hairs in your teeth..
Old 10-18-2003, 05:15 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Right...
and this is the way U spell sponsor...

"I know quite a few sponcers here that wont release cam specs... Some even made the 1000+ mile drive to get the package that dynos 20-30 HP less here in FL."

And no, you seem to be the only joke here Mr. and Nine Ball will know how you handle sponsors on the forum.

"My point to the post was that LG isnt the only one that wont give full cam specs. That was all. You wouldnt even tell the owner what the cam has."

Thats right! Mike knew that before he even drove up here idiot.

JP
Old 10-18-2003, 05:17 PM

Carl i seriuosly doubt you have valve float looking at your graph. Your tq #s are not even near what the other packages dynoed and i doubt your valves are floating at peak TQ rpms. Too low.
And as far as the comment about Vince changing his own oil....not called for. I could have some cheesy comeback like...."well atleast hes smart enough to know what NOT to do himself". If you followed that advice you would not be pulling your terminal bottom end that you JUST rebuilt yourself. Sure you may have saved some cash....but now you have to do it all over again. So who had the better plan?

If you knew why they are in the way they are in... youd know my situation The Eagle LS1 rods have a chamfer on both side of the rod... you tell me which way they go in. I put them back in the stock orientation (they same way the stock rods come out).
Old 10-18-2003, 05:20 PM

I do change my own oil.. I work 50 to 60 hours a week and I do not have time to build a motor. It would take me a year. Oopps. That sounds like you.. I have no problem paying to get something done right the first time.. I put 10k miles on my 918's. I am really surprised they lasted as long as they did.. Once again. Your dyno does not show valve float. That sounds like an excuse for low #'s.. Actually you should be happy with those #'s. If you were in Texas you would dyno 502rwhp/480rwtq out of a 346ci. Just kidding guys. I am messing with Carl and not the rest of the Texas crew.. Back to bashing County.. I like the way local everyone thinks I make mad loot.. I make the avg IT salary which is not much now-a-days. I just manage my money well.. I try to pay cash for everything. Debt only kills you if you lose your job.. Right now my job is not secure.. Anyway, speaking of hanging off Brandons nuts, until you dyno higher than his Stage I's with Mac Headers and 4.10's.. Thats right.. You dyno'd with 3.42's.. LOL!!!!!!!!! You will always have Brandons pubic hairs in your teeth..
You tell me whats wrong with my setup then... LMFAO @ the last part