Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed ms3 cam and.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stonemonk
I never asked why there was a tps code, and the trans is under control. I've run plenty of large cams on other cars untuned for long enough periods w/ no trouble. Yes, fuel can get into the oil from running overly rich and I'm aware of it and it's something to keep an eye on.

But as stated, all I'm trying to do now is find a vacuum leak, once I can pin point that and eliminate it, then I'll look into tuning. (BTW I don't claim to know everything, it's just annoying when your looking for help and people w/ no clue immediately say you need a tune or your car will blow up.....)
If the tranny is under control why the hell did you make this thread? And its nice to know youve got a wide band, thatll do a great job of watchin the bearings your gunna spin! Good job OP!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Launching!

I'll let ya know when the bearings spin lol....... HMMMMM thread was made as i stated the tps idle voltage was way off causing the trans to act up, so i re-adjusted it to spec..... not to mention the other issues that i described, like the vacuum leak.....
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and then the idiot, he knows more than all of us. I am a Master Tech and you are?????? If you think it impossible to blow up your engine without a tune and N/A you are an idiot, you are washing the oil right off the cylinder wall with it that rich, and you are still hitting WOT!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Well, if you're a Master Tech, then you would've known the tune wouldn't fix a vacuum leak...... lol
Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

What I still wanna know is, if your wideband is doin such a bang up job of watchin your motor, how didnt you see the vacum leak when you did your pulls?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Ok, everything is good! The passenger side intake gasket was real wet and not sealing. So I just got done replacing both gaskets this time using a slight bit of ultra black RTV and the car is running EXCELLENT! Of course it doesn't like to idle and is a bit rough at stop lights and stop signs (still has stock stall) but nothing too bad.

My wide band shows its running between 14.0 and 16.0 just cruising and under WOT it runs 13.4ish in the lower R's and as it climbs towards 5500-6k it drops to 13.0-12.9ish. I also hooked up a diablo to take a look at fuel trims and knock, which the short terms were off as much -/+8% cruising and the most knock I saw was 3.5 degrees. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the tune taken care of.

Quick Reply: just installed ms3 cam and.......