Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Zac - I have a 224 230 cam and I run 1.8 rockers on it with no issue.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gectek
no, dont kiss any ground near me. LS7s use a 1.8 ratio stock. Maybe you should tell yella terra to stop making their 1.8 rockers too because you can only use them on baby cams and no one runs them anymore and because TR doesnt recommend them

LOL!!! LS7 is completly differnt from a ls1. same style motor yes but alot of differenses

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
WOW, you guys totally fucked my thread up with you bickering at eachother. Thanks for that. I'm not going to buy a fast, already spent the money on a PPTB for an LS6 so... Besides, IMO FAST is ripping people off with how expensive those are. Don't get me wrong I would love to have one, but if I'm going to spend a grand why not spend two and have a custom sheetmetal intake made???
If you get a fast id just buy a used 90. BUT you will still get good gains from the ls6 especially since you allready bout a throttle body from it. Only go with the rockers if its something you want but IMO i would just spend the money on roller rockers (1.7 ratio) But like i said its completly up to you
Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I think I'm going to use the money I was going to spend on RR's for my LCA's, SFCs and Panhard... I also need some new rear meats. I'm really going to need them once I get this thing tuned!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Junkie

sorry bout the bickering....guy was an ***...i stated my opinion and he blasted me for it. i should know better than to do that

i wasn't aware you already had some of the parts towards the LS6. i assumed you were getting them. so i figured i'd throw out the FAST suggestion. i realize the price is high, but when you can gain 15-30hp over the LS6/ported TB combo on a h/c engine...the $1K is worth it to me....especially since you were already spending $3-400 on an LS6 setup.

but i'm glad to see you steered away from the rockers. its money better spent on other things.

oh no....i gave an opinion...and it may vary from the opinion of others that is known to be gospel....i'm gonna get flamed
Old 04-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Launching!

See there you go, started **** again. Thanks for the opinion though!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach79Z
LOL!!! LS7 is completly differnt from a ls1. same style motor yes but alot of differenses

Please tell me how this is relevant to the lobes on a camshaft vs 1.8 rockers...lobes are lobes and rockers are rockers