Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere waterpump HP gains

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the props SOMBitch. As far as performance vs $$$. Its not a good investment. Its truly the LAST bolton to buy. I bought it in hopes the my old 346 would've crossed the 500 rwhp line. Came close 490, but anyways it is a very nice piece. Also in my experience very reliable. No issues to date and I've made several runs with it from Texas to Michigan in summer heat. Liked it so much I re used it on my 402 vs selling to a member. I'd say about 5 rwhp, but the motor will rev quicker, and is more fuel efficient. SO if you intend on driving your car on long trips like I do, then the part will slowly pay you back a few $$ with better fuel economy. Its nice for the track too, you can shut the motor off and leave the pump on to circulate the hot coolant. Temps come down pretty quick between runs. Max coolant circulation from idle is nice. Don't let the guys scare you about not enough flow at high rpm's. BS I say. No issues. Hell my motor never even begins to get warm. I'll update how the 402 does once summer temps arrive. I've already noticed that the 402 gets the oil warmer then the 346 did, so it looks like I am going to be very happy about having a built in oil cooler. PM me any questions you may have. I'll be happy to try to answer.

"I have headers,off-road y,Yank SS3600,Powerbond pulley,K-Tech tensioner.suspension all waiting to be installed just trying to figure out what is worth bolting on to get into the 11's."

^^^ Looks good ^^^
Old 04-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well not a good night at the track, track prep for friday nights suck *****, best was a 11.74@119.73, which is a new best for MPH from a 119.19, next Sat. is a track rental day and the track will be much better prepped, so I'm hoping to get some better times.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for the props SOMBitch. As far as performance vs $$$. Its not a good investment. Its truly the LAST bolton to buy. I bought it in hopes the my old 346 would've crossed the 500 rwhp line. Came close 490, but anyways it is a very nice piece. Also in my experience very reliable. No issues to date and I've made several runs with it from Texas to Michigan in summer heat. Liked it so much I re used it on my 402 vs selling to a member. I'd say about 5 rwhp, but the motor will rev quicker, and is more fuel efficient. SO if you intend on driving your car on long trips like I do, then the part will slowly pay you back a few $$ with better fuel economy. Its nice for the track too, you can shut the motor off and leave the pump on to circulate the hot coolant. Temps come down pretty quick between runs. Max coolant circulation from idle is nice. Don't let the guys scare you about not enough flow at high rpm's. BS I say. No issues. Hell my motor never even begins to get warm. I'll update how the 402 does once summer temps arrive. I've already noticed that the 402 gets the oil warmer then the 346 did, so it looks like I am going to be very happy about having a built in oil cooler. PM me any questions you may have. I'll be happy to try to answer.

"I have headers,off-road y,Yank SS3600,Powerbond pulley,K-Tech tensioner.suspension all waiting to be installed just trying to figure out what is worth bolting on to get into the 11's."

^^^ Looks good ^^^
have the meziere pump and what i mreally like abouy nit so far is coolant teml; stays183 to 187with a 180 stat but the bonus is trans fluid stays right there with coolant pretty much highest trans temp was 192 and a mile and 1/2 run home from strip temp got down to 174 outside temp had dropped to46 and still had consistent 183 to 187 coolant. nice to have heat when its chilly outside with the 180 stat. will keep my eye on trans temp this summer and see if they stay managable. 3600 stall 3.73 gears are whats in drive in myc-5
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Launching!

I gained like 0 on the 1/4 mile. I'll never do another electric water pump. Waste of money!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02WSsicks
I gained like 0 on the 1/4 mile. I'll never do another electric water pump. Waste of money!
You are the odd man out then, everyone else seems to have picked up some.

Quick Reply: Meziere waterpump HP gains