Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Um What did i do???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Man, sorry you had so many problems.Good to hear you got it figured out, im in Riverside also, hope to see it around sometime.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a classic example of someone that exemplifies the cliche "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Some of you guys need to go back to the basics and learn the 4 stroke cycle. Do you even know how a 4 stroke works? I'm talking about a cam in block engine which the GenIII is. Overhead cam engines are more complicated than the GenIII. This is old school technology and if you can't ask an intelligent question it's going to take you 9 pages to get to the solution as it did in this case. A person who knew how a 4 stroke cycle works could ask the correct question and get to the answer quicker. This guy obviously doesn't know how to ask the right question. Just because you have the hand tools to tear a motor down doesn't necessarily mean you have the other tools(brain power) to put it back together again. Confidence and hand tools can take a top end down, but knowledge and experience are needed to put it back together again. Humpty Dumpty taught you that back in kindergarten. Some of the mistakes that were made on this rebuild are so basic even Pee Wee Herman wouldn't laugh at them. And to think I was going to move to California when I retire to get me a homosexual illegal alien husband so we could collect welfare and smoke medical marijuana all day without breaking any laws, but I may have to rethink that idea after reading this post. Maybe you guys out there in the "Land of the Fruits and Nuts" actually are smoking too much of that legal medical marijuana.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
This is a classic example of someone that exemplifies the cliche "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Some of you guys need to go back to the basics and learn the 4 stroke cycle. Do you even know how a 4 stroke works? I'm talking about a cam in block engine which the GenIII is. Overhead cam engines are more complicated than the GenIII. This is old school technology and if you can't ask an intelligent question it's going to take you 9 pages to get to the solution as it did in this case. A person who knew how a 4 stroke cycle works could ask the correct question and get to the answer quicker. This guy obviously doesn't know how to ask the right question. Just because you have the hand tools to tear a motor down doesn't necessarily mean you have the other tools(brain power) to put it back together again. Confidence and hand tools can take a top end down, but knowledge and experience are needed to put it back together again. Humpty Dumpty taught you that back in kindergarten. Some of the mistakes that were made on this rebuild are so basic even Pee Wee Herman wouldn't laugh at them. And to think I was going to move to California when I retire to get me a homosexual illegal alien husband so we could collect welfare and smoke medical marijuana all day without breaking any laws, but I may have to rethink that idea after reading this post. Maybe you guys out there in the "Land of the Fruits and Nuts" actually are smoking too much of that legal medical marijuana.
wtf? why are you hating on a guy thats trying to mod his car? this is a hobby not rocket science. Maybe sometimes someone doesnt have all the knowledge/experience or may be the first time modding their car. Guess what, thats why we have forums like these to get help or give help. You dont learn anything by not trying, and yea, sometimes you may screw something up. Ever hear the term learn by your mistakes? Probably not, seems like you've never made one Too bad everyone cant be perfect like you. BUT... for someone who cant get a cam out of a gen 1 305 motor i dont really think you should have made fun of him... use your own advice, you may have the tools, but do you have the knowledge.... lol....

Last edited by got-a-ls1; 04-24-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Banned

Default +1

hell ya if everyone thought like that weirdo who sayed the land of fruit and nuts is "Nuts" 4 discurraging modding with a economy like this is the frist reason that the economy is like this for 1 he hates his life and for 2 probally Has a big blue oval car haha
p.s im 110% relieved to hear u got her back up and running a coil backwards man ive done the same thing that part where u sayed u almost sharted ur shorts was textbook Snl ben stiller Good luck with the future modding now get that beast down to the track after u break her in !!!

G up
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Regular

#1 Your a douchbag..Nothing more

#2 Yes i know what a 4 stroke cylinder does ..Suck, Bang, Blow...Maybe you should have a girl do it to you, and take the gerbil out your ***

#3 Stay wherever the hell you are and dont come to Cali. Don't even e-mail anyone in Cali..

Who the **** do you think you are?...Let me guys a backyard mechanic who thinks he knows everything?..Or if you had more of a 3rd Grade education you would READ that this was my first H/C Build..So i ask the question, so ****** what i asked questions?..So what, i may not know everything about Tearing it down and putting it back up, but im learning as i go..Stop Hating, its contagious and it would suck if other people read this post and caught your disease. No i may bot know the words to everything, but as you can READ if you can, it solved my problems. I do the best i can with what i got. Not everyone can **** Golden Nuggets like you, and Run it in their engine. Don't post here, Half the people here don't know every single term or definition, but they still ask Because Someone in the US, probably knows what he/she is talking about.

I suggest you go back and TRY to Read Hooked on Phonics, that way you might understand that this was my First H/C build, before shitting out your mouth..

Yes knowledge is required to put it back together, i didnt have that knowledge before but i do know..So What the **** you complaining for?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by nalmak

#2 Yes i know what a 4 stroke cylinder does ..Suck, Bang, Blow...Maybe you should have a girl do it to you, and take the gerbil out your ***

#3 Stay wherever the hell you are and dont come to Cali. Don't even e-mail anyone in Cali..

Who the **** do you think you are?...Let me guys a backyard mechanic who thinks he knows everything?..Or if you had more of a 3rd Grade education you would READ that this was my first H/C Build..So i ask the question, so ****** what i asked questions?..So what, i may not know everything about Tearing it down and putting it back up, but im learning as i go..Stop Hating, its contagious and it would suck if other people read this post and caught your disease. No i may bot know the words to everything, but as you can READ if you can, it solved my problems. I do the best i can with what i got. Not everyone can **** Golden Nuggets like you, and Run it in their engine. Don't post here, Half the people here don't know every single term or definition, but they still ask Because Someone in the US, probably knows what he/she is talking about.

I suggest you go back and TRY to Read Hooked on Phonics, that way you might understand that this was my First H/C build, before shitting out your mouth..

Yes knowledge is required to put it back together, i didnt have that knowledge before but i do know..So What the **** you complaining for?
nice job getting you motor running man! dont listen to losers like that... dont let anyone discourage you from modding your car. Anyone can take their car to a shop and pay them to make their car fast. but you have the pride every time you get in your car knowing you tackled something as big as a head cam job. You may have made a beginner mistake(although nothing major at all)... but thats because this was your first time, and you fixed the problem. now you know what to do, and what not to do next time. That is the process of learning....
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
nice job getting you motor running man! dont listen to losers like that... dont let anyone discourage you from modding your car. Anyone can take their car to a shop and pay them to make their car fast. but you have the pride every time you get in your car knowing you tackled something as big as a head cam job. You may have made a beginner mistake(although nothing major at all)... but thats because this was your first time, and you fixed the problem. now you know what to do, and what not to do next time. That is the process of learning....
Well Said..Drinks On Me..
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by un17real
hell ya if everyone thought like that weirdo who sayed the land of fruit and nuts is "Nuts" 4 discurraging modding with a economy like this is the frist reason that the economy is like this for 1 he hates his life and for 2 probally Has a big blue oval car haha
p.s im 110% relieved to hear u got her back up and running a coil backwards man ive done the same thing that part where u sayed u almost sharted ur shorts was textbook Snl ben stiller Good luck with the future modding now get that beast down to the track after u break her in !!!

G up
I was going for that Stiller Commentary..Thanks Bro
Old 04-24-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well Said..Drinks On Me..
3000 miles apart gonna be hard right now lol... but next time i hit up vegas ill come over to LA and take ya up on that
Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Regular

3000 miles apart gonna be hard right now lol... but next time i hit up vegas ill come over to LA and take ya up on that
****..Ill just see ya in Vegas..
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Banned

yeah! we have the sickest tracks here a 1/4 mile track that i call home on the weekdays takin money from rich old men : did i mention the bars never close here yeah!! shots all night and day
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

hell yea! i love vegas... only been once, last summer, but had a blast. was on the 27th floor of the mgm grand facing the new york new york and the luxor. Im afraid when i go back im gonna get a room thats looking at nothing but sand.. lol. thinking of going back this fall... gonna rent a vette instead of the damn kia i got last time... lol
Attached Thumbnails Um What did i do???-vegas.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah! we have the sickest tracks here a 1/4 mile track that i call home on the weekdays takin money from rich old men : did i mention the bars never close here yeah!! shots all night and day
the only limit to how much you can drink is how much cash you have... **** 8 bucks for a bud light, 12 bucks for a MOJIHTO that my girlfriend hated... lol. of course this was in the centrifuge bar in the mgm where everything is overpriced...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 AM
TECH Regular

very interesting!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

hell yea! i love vegas... only been once, last summer, but had a blast. was on the 27th floor of the mgm grand facing the new york new york and the luxor. Im afraid when i go back im gonna get a room thats looking at nothing but sand.. lol. thinking of going back this fall... gonna rent a vette instead of the damn kia i got last time... lol
i went for a day..left with $300, came back with $1,237..My first time there too..
Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

i went for a day..left with $300, came back with $1,237..My first time there too..
lucky... i couldnt win a dime...

so have you taken your car out for a drive yet with the heads cam?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Dude, you're a ******* dick. A few months ago when I broke my crank bolt you posted pretty much the same comment on my thread. You got your *** handed to you, and you still didn't learn. Get off this guy's case; he made a mistake. It happens. Except for you, I'm sure, because all you do is sit there on your computer talking **** instead of getting out in your garage and getting your hands dirty and making your own mistakes. So **** you, Keyboard Hero.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

eallanboggs,

What kind of post was that? You have almost 1700 posts and you slam this guy for trying?

How many people did he help by going through this?

There are people on this forum that are thinking about doing the same thing he did and if he helped just one person by posting his experience, then he did a good thing...

I found it very interesting on what he went through and when I get the rest of my parts, I plan on doing a cam swap also...Maybe I learned something from what nalmak went through, and what he found out by doing it. I am sure in the future he will do things differently and used his experience from this to do it right...

Good Job Nalmak....

Now lets see the video..

Don
Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, not sure what his diatribe had to do with anything, I thought you had followed a pretty comprehensive approach. Finding the pushrod not working, and following the next logical step down to the lifters and then to combustion seems like you had a handle on what the engine needed to do...
Old 04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

I wouldn't even justified the loser with a response. I have seen morons like this all over the forum boards and all they can do is insult. Most of the time they don't even own the car they claim they have. They just keep mowing lawns and are pissed that you have the car they desire.

Don't **** away all your cash in Vegas, now you need a 9 inch.

Last edited by driftpin; 04-24-2009 at 09:30 AM.