Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing anything? What should I expect powerwise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing anything? What should I expect powerwise?

So i am getting into the final stages of my build/hybrid swap, and wanted to make sure I havent missed anything. Also what should I expect power wise.

The build:
98 LS1 block (stock)
Stock 98 injectors (look pretty clean)
MS4
LS6 heads that I have been ported (I was told they flow 290cfm but I didnt get lift rates, they were done by Chapman in Utah)
pat gold springs, new trays, lifters, stock PRs/rockers
Fast 90mm intake (ported)
CAI(gto-esque)
Long tubes
3" Y/3"HFCs/single 3" out
Underdrive pulley
LS2 chain/gears
ported ls6 oil pump

it has all new gaskets, including the GM mls head gaskets

I am waiting on a 92mm TB from Blanco and I need to get some Katech rod bolts.

What should I do about a MAF? I have been told the 85mm LS6? will I need the ebay adapter kit for that?

I am going to use a 02-05 Duramax ECU (we will obviously reflash it with an LS style map, we are using it for the extra RAM) The 98 wiring harness doesnt have any weird pinouts to the ecu does it?

tuning will be done by a good tuner using EFI live (using a Moates then flashing my ecu with the final tune)

Have I missed anything, or anything of major concern?

Any other tips?

Thanks

-J
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

98 body harnesses and ECU harness are not compatable with any other year ECU

99+ are interchangable

Can you re-pin out a 98 harness for the 99+ ECU yes, but its faster to swap the harnesses.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would deff get hardened pushrods and not us the stockers if that is what u ment by stock pr's
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy
98 body harnesses and ECU harness are not compatable with any other year ECU

99+ are interchangable

Can you re-pin out a 98 harness for the 99+ ECU yes, but its faster to swap the harnesses.
Thats what i was thinking, I guess I will start saving for a 99 harness too, which sucks since my 98 harness has already been modded for the swap

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
i would deff get hardened pushrods and not us the stockers if that is what u ment by stock pr's
They are hardned my mistake but they are stock length
Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...how do you plan on complimenting your mods if you don't have an adequate amount of fuel to deliver...? I'd highly recommend getting some bigger injectors and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump or an MSD Fuel booster. These would make sure you are not maxing out your stock injectors and would ensure appropriate fuel flow. As for mods, I think you're set for the most part...I could recommend a few other things like; Spring kit, new rockers, replacing the lifters...but I think you'll be ok. The MS4 is a good choice in cams. Make sure you post some vids of it after instal.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002 SS HUGG
So...how do you plan on complimenting your mods if you don't have an adequate amount of fuel to deliver...? I'd highly recommend getting some bigger injectors and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump or an MSD Fuel booster. These would make sure you are not maxing out your stock injectors and would ensure appropriate fuel flow. As for mods, I think you're set for the most part...I could recommend a few other things like; Spring kit, new rockers, replacing the lifters...but I think you'll be ok. The MS4 is a good choice in cams. Make sure you post some vids of it after instal.
I have a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump which will support the hp (I am expecting about 450 corrected RWHP) and a Corvette filter/regulator.

I have been on the fence with injectors, I wanted to wait till we get on they Dyno to see duty cycle of my stockers (98's are 29lb/hr correct?) We have injectors there at the shop if we need them, and its what a 20 min swap?

I have pat gold valve springs
I should have done rockers but I didnt and there want much if any wear on the stockers... I did new lifters

I will def post vids, I think this car is going to be stupid fun even for a DD.

Just some pics I have lately of it....

Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

thats gonna be a sick car man, sweet build. love the rotas they look perfect on that car