Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Patriot Heads & G5X-#3 dyno #;s

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
Can you get it fixed this week for the shootout? Good luck.

See you there.

LG
Old 11-02-2003, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

What compression ratio would the patriot 59cc heads give my stock bottom end??
Old 11-02-2003, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 BU
What compression ratio would the patriot 59cc heads give my stock bottom end??

Should be about 11:1 +/-.1 or so.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Teching In

I found a tranny and a converter!!!
I talked to Lou, he is suppose to put my dyno sheet on the board.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SmithZ
Also, Lou gave me a ride in the red "ALABAMA" ZO6.
Whos Z06 is this? Did you see a yellow "ALABAMA" Z06 there also?.....becuase that one would be mine.

Last edited by il corvette giallo; 11-06-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:23 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are two Alabama cars parked next to one another, a red one and a yellow one.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod
There are two Alabama cars parked next to one another, a red one and a yellow one.

DAMN, another freaking vette with a LG package on it to contend with? What part of the state is this one from? I haven't seen the red one yet. I guess I'm going to have to break down and get me one of those G5X2 cams for my car to fit in around here before too long!
Old 11-06-2003, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice results. good job tuning to squeeze the power out.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gomer
DAMN, another freaking vette with a LG package on it to contend with? What part of the state is this one from?
Mine is the yellow one, and its registered in Alabama, but I live and drive it in Michigan. So if your not from the MI area, you got no worries.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Mr. Spanky......hhmmm......I could get used to that.

As stated, this is an awesome "combo", and the PP heads are definitely proving themselves, especially for the price. How much would a M6 car have dynoed? 455? 460? 440+ out of an A4 car should run easy 10s, IMO.

Shawn

I'm waiting on my set to get here. I just ordered them today. I will keep you guys posted. I hope i can put down 450-460rwhp with these heads.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine should be here the middle of next week. I went with the exact same package. g5x-3, PP stage II ls6 with 59cc's. We are rebuilding the trans right now, and painting the engine bay. Putting in the fuel pump and rollbar today as well. I'll be running a 125 wet shot on top of it all. Hope it all holds together...Any wagers on how long my stock 10 bolt will last????
Old 11-07-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Not very long with a good launch lol..
Old 11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

where's the graph?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark,
I looked for you at the shootout.I am sorry I missed you.I wanting to see you hit the 10's.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

too bad this car didnt ever get to the track to run well. we were next to the owner of this car. he was so frustrated when LG didnt help him out with teh tuning. the car wouldnt idle enough to get off their trailor. i thought a BIG thumbs down on LG for that. sorry. i hope it gets worked out for ya and you get your car to idle and shift.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:41 AM
FormerVendor

You've got your information wrong. The minute Mark came to me I plugged in and reset his CPU at the track. It was not until after qualifying that he came to me with his trouble or I would have fixed it sooner.

His LG tune was wiped out at his trans shop. I put the original tune back in his car, and it ran perfect.
Then that night, he tried to change his shift points with his hypertech and somehow corrupted the tune again. I uploaded the program once again and it ran and idled like stock with the AC on.

I was told that the trans shop ( or some one there) tried to download his program, without his permission, and lost the battery power because of the electric water pump being left on. They had no choice but to upload a stock program in the cpu. When he got it back from them, it had a stock program in it without even changing the flow rate for the big injectors. That is why it wouldn't idle and it kept fouling plugs.

All I had to do is upload the original tune and it idled with the AC on, with no issues. I didn't want to set his shift points any higher until he ran it once to verify them.

LG
Old 11-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
too bad this car didnt ever get to the track to run well. we were next to the owner of this car. he was so frustrated when LG didnt help him out with teh tuning. the car wouldnt idle enough to get off their trailor. i thought a BIG thumbs down on LG for that. sorry. i hope it gets worked out for ya and you get your car to idle and shift.
Gator 99TA, Yea I was really frustrated at my car. Lou didnt have anything to do with my car running bad. Some how my computer went back to stock tuning. With a big cam, big injectors on stock tuning I fouled all my plugs. Lou from LG reflashed my computer Saturday night and Sunday morning. It idles and drives perfect. Lou is one of the best tuners I know. He will explaine to you what he is doing.
A big thanks goes to Smoke_ur_50 with raging motors sports, He looked at my computer with LS1 edit, noticed it went back to stock, and atleast reprogramed my computer for the bigger injectors. So it would at least idle. Thanks man! He also had new spark plugs. I didnt get to run, but I had a blast meeting everyone.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmithZ
Gator 99TA, Yea I was really frustrated at my car. Lou didnt have anything to do with my car running bad. Some how my computer went back to stock tuning. With a big cam, big injectors on stock tuning I fouled all my plugs. Lou from LG reflashed my computer Saturday night and Sunday morning. It idles and drives perfect. Lou is one of the best tuners I know. He will explaine to you what he is doing.
A big thanks goes to Smoke_ur_50 with raging motors sports, He looked at my computer with LS1 edit, noticed it went back to stock, and atleast reprogramed my computer for the bigger injectors. So it would at least idle. Thanks man! He also had new spark plugs. I didnt get to run, but I had a blast meeting everyone.
Not a problem Mark. Great to meet you and your buddy. You two are some of the nicest guys there. I don't think it was LG's fault either. If you got the car back running and idling great then there's no way they gave it to you with the file I downloaded. Glad to see your back on the road..hopefully we'll see you at the next event!