Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prc stage 2.5 5.3 heads or prc stage 1 ls6 heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1itldo
Why is it every thread with anything to do with TSP or PRC has willyfast, aintskeerd, and nitrous383 talking ****? Are you guys a competing shop or something? My prc heads flow more than advertised and pushed my vette past 1000rwhp with turbos. Not to mention when my reluctor wheel moved on my crank and fireslotted my old heads the tsp guys built me a replacement head set for dirt cheap.

all I have to say is, glad they treated you well!

I've got $700 worth of (well worth nothing now) of scraped diamond pistons and a 6.0 block which will need to be taken to service limit because as Jason told me "we build 1000's of performance motors.. We cant afford to make a mistake. And we have NEVER had a motor come back because of machine work. Diamond said they looked like they overheated".... Okay. I get it.. I'm the common dumbass who ploped $5000 on a long block and let it overheat.... hmmmm... NO.

long story short.. the motor was in the vehicle for about 3000 miles and put down some damn good numbers.. pulled the engine to put it in my other vehicle, pulled the heads for some 317's to go turbo and THIS is what I found:

my machinist said there was up too .010th CLEARENCE between the piston and cylinder wall.... the pistons call for .005-6... ring gap was uber tight too.. basically a rushed job and sloppy work.. nuff said. I have pics of Mic's in the bores with Mics on the pistons in the same frame WITH the block number in view as well... just to prove my case.. but I wont post those as I think THIS.. is enough.

all I got to say is I think something has changed in this business.....

to his credit, he told me to ship it back and he would fix it if HE caused the problem..

But, frankly... dont trust him after all the **** I've read.. never really think something like this will happen to you...

TILL IT DOES.....

but its cool, you want a mass produced "race engine" with a 50/50 chance of being right the first time, call tsp!

Last edited by cellulis44; 05-30-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Restricted User

Why is it every thread with anything to do with TSP or PRC has willyfast, aintskeerd, and nitrous383 talking ****? Are you guys a competing shop or something? My prc heads flow more than advertised and pushed my vette past 1000rwhp with turbos. Not to mention when my reluctor wheel moved on my crank and fireslotted my old heads the tsp guys built me a replacement head set for dirt cheap.
Did you look at those pic's Jason posted? I only ask a real question, no **** talking at all.

Could you post the flow #'s from your PRC's and which ones you have?

How much boost you running?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't even mention TSP in my post what are you talking about. The guy said he has around $1,100 wants a set of heads to perform. I'm sorry not all of us can afford twin turboed 408 strokers so I recommended a set of stock 243s + doing a cam. This would be in the budget of $1,100 and has nothing to do with tsp. Some people have no clue of value... 243 heads + cam is going to make more power than just a set of $1,100 heads. A lot of people on here are just lemmings though and dont really seem to be able to think for themselves. The guy asked for advice and I told him what I would do. Not everyone needs a set of ported heads, since I'm recommending stock GM 243's you must think I work for GM, since I am promoting GM heads? Oh wait GM doesn't look to be a sponsor on here.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

WHen did I trash mouth TSP? And with boost, it is not as big a deal how good the ports are.

I dont have a problem with tsp, I dont like the way they sway customers sometimes but I think there heads have a place with the low budget guy's.
Myself have 2 built ls1 cars and dont have more then $600 in either set.

Both run good with minimum work.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Actually the only thing I said in this thread is not to go with 11.4/1 compression with stock cam.
Would not be pump gas friendly
Old 05-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Restricted User

I guess my asking Jason a question was bashing.

Now looking at the pics of that 402 block TSP sold is another story. That thing is terible, looks like they did some really nice measuring there.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't buy for one minute that some of you guys aren't following ANY TSP thread you can & attempting to discredit any way you possibly can.

What you hardcore guys don't understand is all you do is increase my motivation to make better & better products at better and better pricing to our customers.

Now about the short-block: I want to be very clear about the short-block pics & info that has been posted. I will Monday morning post the exact email I sent Chris about the short-block in question.

Chris basically told us you'll give me new parts to fix this or I will bash you. I told him that's not the way us or anyone does business. I clearly offered to have the short-block picked up & inspected at our machine shop. IF the cylinder bores were actually incorrect like he stated then I would replace it & ship back to him absolutely free of charge.

No shop in the enitre world would give someone free parts without actually seeing & inspecting the short-block to make sure it actually has the issues that the customer was describing. For one thing I pay my machine shop to build us a completely correctly machined short-block. If it is not correct it's my job to make sure that it is corrected not only for my customer, but also for me as the machine shop's customer.

Trust me with thousands of TSP short-blocks all over the world a short-block could be built incorrect. We're all human & mistakes can happen. That being said I bet I can count on one hand the number of short-blocks that have come back with machining problems.

If that short-block was actually incorrect why wouldn't someone send it back for free replacement? I have a hard time buying the claim I didn't trust it so I fixed it myself.

How do I know this guys machine shop didn't just tell him the bores were off? All I wanted was the opportunity to inspect the product & make it right for my customer. I wasn't given that opportunity & now I have the customer that I offered to fully support hammering me on the internet like I somehow screwed him.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-31-2009, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Jason98,

looking to purchase some heads next week....care to divulge the special coming up next week? Hoping to make 420rwp and 410rwtq with full bolt on. I want lots of broad torque over high hp and was debating 2.5 5.3s or ls6. Thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes

We'll be offering free upgrade Get LS6 Stage 2.5 heads for Stage 2.5 5.3l normal pricing!

Also because of the select few that always attempt to discredit we'll be also giving discounts to customers that provide before & after dyno data from installing the cylinder heads!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Im not hammering you.. I'm giving you feedback.

the feedback sucks, sure... but remember, IM THE CUSTOMER.

why would I buy $10k worth of **** from you... turn around and try to screw you over?

makes no sense.... yall MASS PRODUCE RACE ENGINES!!! YOU DONT EVEN DOUBLE CHECK THEM YOURSELF!!! and its obvious...

you never contacted me to see what I was going to do about this.. you just swept it under thought it would go away.. NO you shaft someone for that much money then call them a liar, what do you expect? really?

weak ****
Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Yes

We'll be offering free upgrade Get LS6 Stage 2.5 heads for Stage 2.5 5.3l normal pricing!

Also because of the select few that always attempt to discredit we'll be also giving discounts to customers that provide before & after dyno data from installing the cylinder heads!!!
I guess I would be one of those select few that doesn't buy into all your hype. And I'm glad your willing to give a discount due to us few. I'm very intrested in seeing the results that come in from this. Will you have a special thread for them to post their results in? This should be good, I bet all those heads get checked before they go out the door.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Very sad to see you feel this way Chris. I want you to understand something very clearly. I'm not saying your a liar. I'm saying me & my machine shop need to confirm whats going on. If you ask ANYONE to warranty their products they'll request you bring it back. You own a business surely you understand that. I need to see the problem myself & address it here. I appologize we didn't call you numerous times to check in with you on it. I felt my offer of covering all shipping & repairing or replacing the short-block if it was incorrect showed enough that we stand behind our products.

Like I said out of the thousands of short-blocks we've sold I can count on one hand how many came back with machining issues. If this engine had been found to have issues I would have no problem replacing or fixing whatever issues were found.

You never gave me that option. I offered to cover everything for you & it wasn't good enough. The unfortunate thing is if there was something wrong I wanted to make sure we fixed it for you.

You never gave us that opportunity...
Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Launching!

alright Jason

how about this, I will send you the block, and the pistons.

I will keep the rods/crank

you should be able to tell what happened with just this.

cool?

you wont have to warrenty what my machinist assembles.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Like I said before the short-block needs to come back to us. If you want to send the entire short-block back & the bores are incorrect I'll send it all back with new pistons no problem. You have to understand I need to see EVERY component of this short-block to see what's going on with it.

Why on earth would I only get 2 of the parts from a entire short-block back? I didn't sell 2 parts, I sold you a entire assembly. If you want those parts warrantied I need to receive them back for inspection.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

TSP has had a few hickups with early heads-They are willing to help fix any problems. I did have a set of such heads. Hope my new set looks as good as the pics. Mine have the older 2.04 intake vavles-reused from older heads. I do have to pay for the new heads-machine work was covered. But i cant wait to see the HP/TQ diff with the new style over the older. Now my current tune sucks. so with a better tune and the newer style work-I.E more compression and such-Im hopeing for alot. I made 390 hp before with an MS3-1 7/8 headers dual exhaust-M6 and 12 bolt w/ 410s. I have -4cc pistons and had a 64cc head w 6.0 head gaskets. That was with a LS6 intake non ported TB.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason - What are the numbers on the Stage 3 LS6 heads? I have the older stg 2.5 5.3s but would like to go to the LS6s + a huge cam (bigger than the 5.3s will allow) in the future. they really seem like the best bang/buck. I don't have the money to shell out for AFRs or TEAs at the moment.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

something sounds shady with the 3 that have problems with jason. i know if i had a problem with a shortblock i bought i sure as **** would send it back that week to have them look it over for a chance of free replacement. unless i know i over reved the **** out of it or didnt bleed the cooling system and i overheated it i would be hesitant to send it back. thats my input on reading this thread.

anyways happy to hear about the sale i planned on calling monday morning for a set of heads.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Yes

*sigh* Guess I will have to spend some money next week
Old 05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If i run the 5.3 heads with the stock cam would i have any compression problems or any reliabilty problems cause i drive my car everyday and somtimes its short stop and go trips as well as highway trips?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

I daily drive my car every where. To work-drop kids off at day care-out of town to DFW-El Paso from Odesaa Midland area. My only problem the past two yrs was a bad oil issue. I am not no where near nice to my car. But my heads were the older works. The newer ones are so much better. I like a larger runner for what I am doing. Is why I went with the LS6s-2.5s. TSP has maned up on any problems and will help. Thet have a large volume of sales for a reason. Thet dont claim to be perfect or the best, but will do thier best to give the customer a great product at a reasonable price. That realy goes for alot of other sponsers here. For me Im running TSP stuff-Vengeance stuff and Thunder stuff. Didnt go wrong with either. Oh anf stuff from SLP.

Quick Reply: Prc stage 2.5 5.3 heads or prc stage 1 ls6 heads