Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy an adjustable timing chain...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy an adjustable timing chain...

even if the cam doesnt need to be adjusted? If so, what timing chain will work excellent with a 224/.581/112? Should I go with a single or double roller? Is it true that some experience problems with a double roller and an ASP underdrive crank pulley? If so, can I be on the safe side and use a single one? Thanks
Old 02-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Banned

Default Re: Should I buy an adjustable timing chain...

Anyone have any thoughts on this question? I thought about buying one just in case later on I decide to advance or retard it. Im wondering if Im wasting my money or not? Oh and most importantly, can you use an adjustable one even if you arent going to make any adjustments? Thanks
Old 02-17-2003, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

the double roller is better, im installing that same cam at SPEED INC in 2 weeks, they send the pully to a machine shop and they take like .100 thos off of it only cost 30 bucks more and it will work fine . im going with the 918 from comp, they do a lot of installs at SPEED INK and the are not having any problems.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

yes you just install it straight up with no advance,Double roller is a lot stronger, its no waist of cash!!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Banned

I really dont have the money or the time to get my pulley machined, plus I dont want to do any other modifications in this process. Will a single roller work? I do want to use a double one, but like I said, I dont want to have to do any other modifications. Anyhow, if there is a great one to use that a single roller, which one should I get? To E.W.J: Does your cam have anything groud into it? (advance or retard) Thanks
Old 02-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Banned

Basically what I want to know is if I can use an adjustable timing chain even if I decide not to adjust it or not. I know that double roller timing chains are better, but will a single roller hold up to this cam? Whats an awesome one to go with thats a single roller? Thanks