Sponsored by:

Best inexpensive Heads & Cam package??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sspower23
Hi guys,

I know everyone on here has had this question asked before. Ive spoken to alot of companies, shops, that make heads & cams and they all seem to be good.
I just wanna know from you guys, the purchasers, whats the best "PROVEN" heads & cam setup to give the most Torque and horsepower for an "LS1" ?? Where do I buy from and how much did YOU pay??

Im gettig the Dana 60 rearend and driveshaft, clutch, etc. But now its cam & headers time.

Thanks guys
What you really mean is whats the cheapest h/c package I can buy. If you wanted the best for your money your looking at AFR 205's if your going to keep it under 6200 rpms if your going to rev it to 7000 rpms then TFS 215 would be my choice.

Ported OEM heads make for good dyno numbers and maybe a fast car if its stalled correctly but from 800 rpms to 4500 rpms is a different story.

We've seen a big cammed popular oem ported head put up x amount on the dyno.

Then he went to a smaller cam and AFR 205's and made less power on the dyno but ran 3 mph quicker in the quarter.

Its all about the usable rpm range your making hp in. Avg hp is more important than peak... unless your stalled at 5000 rpms and it never dips below that after leaving the line.

don't be caught up in peak flow numbers and peak hp unless your building a dedicated drag car.

other than that gears are your friend
Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.....lol no, but they sound different.....

Quick Reply: Best inexpensive Heads & Cam package??