Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Cam question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Well if you are going to hold off on a cam swap, wait on the heads to and get a ported FAST 90 or 92. Your heads and cam work off eachother in a sense. You need to select your heads/cam at the same time so they compliment eachother. Yes, start out with a good set of headers and a Y-pipe, aftermarket clutch, and gears are just optional, not really a big thing unless you plan on tracking it alot or run a big cam like a T-rex.
Yea great idea thats what my buddy suggested as well....hes running 550hp to the wheels on his camaro.....his name on here is JesterSS....he suggested I start off slow and build it how I WANT....not letting people talk me into things....especially LIKE BIG CAMS!!!!
Old 09-01-2009 | 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Well if you are going to hold off on a cam swap, wait on the heads to and get a ported FAST 90 or 92. Your heads and cam work off eachother in a sense. You need to select your heads/cam at the same time so they compliment eachother. Yes, start out with a good set of headers and a Y-pipe, aftermarket clutch, and gears are just optional, not really a big thing unless you plan on tracking it alot or run a big cam like a T-rex.
I agree. Just start out with bolt ons and a good clutch then do h/c/i at the same time that way the combo is most effective but its still about selection.