Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechs and Techs...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechs and Techs...PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have a 6.0 in an 03 ss silverado. All stock besides headers and exhaust. For some reason when I go to give it even half throttle, she doesn't want to pick up and go like she should. I have no CEL and no codes. The motor still runs lean too, but even when it ran lean before I never had this problem. I have a 255lph walbro in the tank and an inline. Replaced plugs,wires, coils, cats, o2's, and injectors already. I have about 50psi coming from the fuel rail at idle but about 60 WOT. Oil pressure runs about 35 idle and ~65 when I step on it. Now with the problem the oil pressure slowly climbs up. Maybe pump starting to go or an o-ring? But I also have a noise that sounded like it was coming from bank 2, but it sounds really more of rear center. I pulled the valve cover and everything looked fine. Oil wasn't really shooting up but it wasn't dry either. I thought a cracked intake manifold, but I am not sure why it would crack out of nowhere and the noise doesn't sound much like a leak. I am stumped here. Any ideas?

Justin
Old 09-13-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you checked fuel volume? Do you have any way to checkout your fuel trims (Scanner)?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Launching!

My scanner doesn't work now (idk why) and have to send it back to Diablosport. When I had the problem with it running lean before, I checked the long and short term parameters with it and everything was in range. Since I couldn't use it now, I checked all injector connections and pulled them to see if there was a build up, but nothing. I was thinking I spun a bearing, but I won't know until I drop the pan. Just looking for other options before I go through that hassle.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How does the truck run at idle?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Idles about 650-700 with a ticking noise. I can't hear that while I am driving though.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlownChevySS
I have a 6.0 in an 03 ss silverado. All stock besides headers and exhaust. For some reason when I go to give it even half throttle, she doesn't want to pick up and go like she should. I have no CEL and no codes. The motor still runs lean too, but even when it ran lean before I never had this problem. I have a 255lph walbro in the tank and an inline. Replaced plugs,wires, coils, cats, o2's, and injectors already. I have about 50psi coming from the fuel rail at idle but about 60 WOT. Oil pressure runs about 35 idle and ~65 when I step on it. Now with the problem the oil pressure slowly climbs up. Maybe pump starting to go or an o-ring? But I also have a noise that sounded like it was coming from bank 2, but it sounds really more of rear center. I pulled the valve cover and everything looked fine. Oil wasn't really shooting up but it wasn't dry either. I thought a cracked intake manifold, but I am not sure why it would crack out of nowhere and the noise doesn't sound much like a leak. I am stumped here. Any ideas?

Justin
Your kinda of all over the place with your description above. A spun bearing would be a little more than a ticking at idle. Is your oil pressure not jumping up because the engine is not revving like normal? If the intake was cracked it would have a lot of trouble maintaining idle if it would idle at all. Why do you think its running lean? Any chance the ticking is an exhaust leak? Just because you have good pressure doesnt mean you have good volume (supply).
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BaddBird
Your kinda of all over the place with your description above. A spun bearing would be a little more than a ticking at idle. Is your oil pressure not jumping up because the engine is not revving like normal? If the intake was cracked it would have a lot of trouble maintaining idle if it would idle at all. Why do you think its running lean? Any chance the ticking is an exhaust leak? Just because you have good pressure doesnt mean you have good volume (supply).
If i rev it up in park, i have no problem. It doesn't sputter or hesitate and oil pressure rises normally. I have the problem when driving only. I have a small exhaust leak from when I pulled the trans twice in two months a few months ago, but I know that sound real well. The ticking just started with this problem and is louder than the exhaust leak. I had codes before with the ho2s and replaced them with the cats when both banks were leaning out. Scanner also said I had small and large evap leaks so I swapped gas caps and checked all my lines but found no problems, so I swapped injectors too to get it running stoich again. Obviously to no avail. It leaned out with the stock injectors and 42#'ers. I am not sure what the deal is.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Only code that popped up was p0300 and p07148. A multi cylinder misfire multiple and tcc circuit stuck on/off. Any other ideas?