Sponsored by:

Throttle Pedal Sticks w/cruise and tcs

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Pedal Sticks w/cruise and tcs

Car in question: 98 T/A LS1

First instance:

While driving down the interstate at 70-80 with cruise control engaged, everyone knows that once you hit the brakes, cruise disables but remains on. Here's my problem: cruise will turn off, the pedal will fully retract, but once you try to push the pedal again, it will only let you push the pedal to the point that the cruise held the pedal. After that point I meet extreme resistance to pushing the pedal and if I do get past that point, the pedal just has no additional effect ). The only way I can get the pedal to function correctly is to, stop, turn off the car, and turn it back on.

Second instance:
Everyone knows what Tractions Control does right? When I lose traction enough to cause the TCS to enable, in a 98 T/A it kicks the pedal back at you instead of just not allowing the engine to rev. Once it does this, the pedal acts similarily to the above instance, only the pedal is COMPLETELY nonresponsive. I encounter the same amount of resistenance, but no matter how far I press the pedal, the engine does nothing. I tried turning off the TCS while the pedal is being stupid and it doesn't help. The only way to get it to shut off, once again, is to turn off the car and turn it back on.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you had the cables out of the ASR/Cruise control motor up near the battery? If so, did you reinstall them correctly?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:41 PM

Nope, at one point in time, it worked flawlessly, then suddenly it starts being stupid....