Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a cam, gotten pulled over, and been ok?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who has a cam, gotten pulled over, and been ok?

I am looking to get a cam pretty soon, just wondering who has been pulled over with a cam, gotten a ticket or not, and been alright? Like what has been noticeable and what has a cop overlooked when youve gotten pulled over? I am in california, and im taking care of the smog right now, so that wont necessarily be an issue later on. Just wondering what i can drive around with that is still under the radar enough to not attract too much attention. Mods in sig right now nad haven't had a problem with The Man as far as loudness or ref tickets.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as when I get pulled over I usually kill the car before they get out just to be safe. As far as the driving thing that usually depends on the officer and how the night before went for the guy, around here they dont care if you runs straight pipes as long as you arent stupid with them.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

ha i was not gunna post but today i got pulled over....but it was for being sideways...completely sideways and he seen 100% of it. i got cut off really bad and i just snapped, by time i got behind the ******* the cop was passin ppl to pull me over. b4 he was evin fully behing me i just pulled over lol i WAS in the wrong but i claimed i was running from the ppl in the van. the cop said he of done the same. he then told me my car sounded great and took off after the van...lol

then a week ago a cop pulled me over and walked up and said "ok your car is just way too loud", i just told him all the stuff i just did to my car and told him how i just got layed off and wanted to buy a nicer more quit exhaust and he told me ok and said he just put an exhaust on his charger and laughed and walked away...lol

its not too bad just when you do use the power....its heard...lol
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I got pulled over running open headers and the cop didn't say **** about noise. Just the whole 18 over deal.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ttranssam
ha i was not gunna post but today i got pulled over....but it was for being sideways...completely sideways and he seen 100% of it. i got cut off really bad and i just snapped, by time i got behind the ******* the cop was passin ppl to pull me over. b4 he was evin fully behing me i just pulled over lol i WAS in the wrong but i claimed i was running from the ppl in the van. the cop said he of done the same. he then told me my car sounded great and took off after the van...lol

then a week ago a cop pulled me over and walked up and said "ok your car is just way too loud", i just told him all the stuff i just did to my car and told him how i just got layed off and wanted to buy a nicer more quit exhaust and he told me ok and said he just put an exhaust on his charger and laughed and walked away...lol

its not too bad just when you do use the power....its heard...lol
Haha nice, ive actually had a couple cops pull me over for street racing or speeding and not give me a ticket cuz they said they had a camaro when they were kids, etc. That is one of the reasons i dont race anymore and try not to speed. Dont wanna push my luck or anything ya know?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

just go with the ms3. its not lopey at all ha ha. i want to go ms3 but in my lil *** town if i got pulled over they would probably try to shoot me and say that i was running from them.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

never commented on the cam...or exhaust. just speeding/driving.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Teching In

UnZfeated,

I'm not sure what your looking for? I just bought a TR CheaTR v.3 cam. It's the new cheater they just came out with. I'm out in Iraq so when I get home I'm going to put it on and see how things go. It's a 117 LSA so it should sound pretty much stock. Also in California so I have to battle SMOG. While I'm on the subject. I see your LTs in your sig. These are not allowed in California. You may pass the sniffer but if you get someone who knows cars you'll fail visual.

Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 908 Likes on 648 Posts

If you get pulled over it's because the way you were driving not because you have cam.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

I always appreciate the sound/performance of the cars I pull over, it's merely the driving of those cars I have issue with (I usually ask what they've done to it out of personal interest)... use your head, you're not the only one on the roads...be safe out there.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wingsfan4ever
UnZfeated,

I'm not sure what your looking for? I just bought a TR CheaTR v.3 cam. It's the new cheater they just came out with. I'm out in Iraq so when I get home I'm going to put it on and see how things go. It's a 117 LSA so it should sound pretty much stock. Also in California so I have to battle SMOG. While I'm on the subject. I see your LTs in your sig. These are not allowed in California. You may pass the sniffer but if you get someone who knows cars you'll fail visual.

Good Luck!
My LTs, x pipe, intake and EVERYTHING are coming off this weekend and im passing smog, then puttin em right back on. Ive got 3 other guys that are willing to work through the night with me on it, so it will get done. So basically, the higher the LSA, the more it will sound stockish? How are the power gains on that cam? I failed an illegal smog where they tried to clean-pipe my car, but since i tuned out my SES lights with HPtuners, it was a no-go. On another note.... what are you doing over in Iraq, if you dont mind me asking. USMC if im not mistaken? I made a thread in the military section. Check it out if you could, and by the looks of your sig, you may be able to help me out.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RDeputy150
I always appreciate the sound/performance of the cars I pull over, it's merely the driving of those cars I have issue with (I usually ask what they've done to it out of personal interest)... use your head, you're not the only one on the roads...be safe out there.
I stopped a 97 WS6 one night and noticed he had a boost gauge. I started asking him about it and popped the hood and showed me all the stuff he had done to it. He was surprised to say the least.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RDeputy150
To be honest, from what ive heard, youre one in a million, my friend. I have heard stories from my mustang pals about mirrors looking for cats, popping hoods, and all that jazz.Never actually heard of them doing it to non-mustang V8s, though. Interesting point, but if i get a cam, then get pulled over and get reff'd. It wont be as easy as changing my intake and exhaust, ya know?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I actually had an female officer pull up beside me just to tell me I had a nice car Then again most of the cops in my town know who I am or should since they run my plates all the time but not pull me over
Old 09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
To be honest, from what ive heard, youre one in a million, my friend. I have heard stories from my mustang pals about mirrors looking for cats, popping hoods, and all that jazz.Never actually heard of them doing it to non-mustang V8s, though. Interesting point, but if i get a cam, then get pulled over and get reff'd. It wont be as easy as changing my intake and exhaust, ya know?
That's probably because every mustang guy I have ever met is a dick. LOL.

Cops don't get paid to look for cats and illegal exhaust. There are other things they should be out doing. But that's just my .02
Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

I live in a non emissions county so cats and exhaust arent a huge deal...but i still kill the car before the cop gets out of his car...i just coast to a stop...lol
Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

man im glad i dont hafta go through that smog crap, yet anyways

easy on the mustang guys eh i used to be one and i wasn a dick i just thought i had a fast car and then grew ashamed of myself later for thinking so..... naah dont go easy on em give em hell
Old 09-25-2009, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one time I was pulled over and issued a citation the officer didn't say anything about the cam or exhaust and my car is very loud. He did say he had a "hot rod" third gen. He told me if I was going to get sideways and stuff to do it on the backroads!!

One time I was leaving a park and approached a road block with nothing but state troopers and like maybe one or two county/city guys and this trooper stops me and ask for my license which I gave him. Then he looked at it and gave it back and said "Have a nice day." I left my car running the whole time and I didn't catch any flack. As long as your passing emissions I don't think they are going to say anything. However if you are driving like a idiot, they will have alot to say.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Well my driving like an idiot days are back when i had my Z28. Now i would rather have a car that you know is fast just by the sound. Im curious as to what a non-smog county is. Where are they located and how can i find one around here? I will move there if i can. Or is there some kind of waiting list to get in there?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You would have to move out of California.

Quick Reply: Who has a cam, gotten pulled over, and been ok?