Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire problem would like another opinion before i pull the heads??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire problem would like another opinion before i pull the heads??

ok so the other night i was driving home and i had the radion on was cruising along and got a check eng light on the highway figured it was something stupid that could wait til i got home to my scaner to see what it was...i get off the highway on some back roads and....well about 5-10mins later i heard a ticking sound......i think i had a lifter going out it was tapping for a couple mins maybe 5-10 mins and then pumped back up but once the ticking noise went away i got a misfire prettty bad by that time i was a 1/4 mile form my house so i got it in the garage hooked the scanner up and i had 5&6 cylinders dead missing....also had 2 02 codes i forget what they are ill add them later....so i pulled plugs #5and6 and 5 was fine but i pull 6 and i find what looks like water on the porcelin part of the plug and looks kinda chocolatey on the threads....i pulled the rest of the plugs except8 cause its a biotch to get to and they all look fine put the plugs back in and i have a miss on 5&6 still....and the miss history has a misfire on 7 also.....now im thinking head gasket anyone have any input on what they think.....the valve train in the car has always been noisy i have adjusted them once before but didnt change but the tick was definetly not right it was extremely loud and sounded like a lifter.....any suggestions on what you guys think i will take a pic of the plug ton and post it up to show you guys