Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide on a H/C/I combo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me decide on a H/C/I combo!

Well, it's come time for me to order a combo. I know I'll be going with a FAST 92/92 on the intake side but I'm still considering heads and cam. I really like the Polluter/TFS combo. Does anyone else have any ideas for me? My car is a 2000 Camaro w/ a 9" (3.89 gears) and it will be sprayed. Anyone have something that worked well for them in the past or now? Thanks guys.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

that is a BIG AZZ cam for a 346...it may not have the best street behavor down low even with gears...but if this is going into mostly a track car that will be bottle fed...it is going to be a BEAST!!!

Originally Posted by IWGF
Well, it's come time for me to order a combo. I know I'll be going with a FAST 92/92 on the intake side but I'm still considering heads and cam. I really like the Polluter/TFS combo. Does anyone else have any ideas for me? My car is a 2000 Camaro w/ a 9" (3.89 gears) and it will be sprayed. Anyone have something that worked well for them in the past or now? Thanks guys.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's definitely not a DD bro. Just a weekend and track monster. My toy. So not too worried about manners. Plus I have an excellent tuner, he's made worse behave.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 AM
10 Second Club

What are your goals for the car? A cam/head combo is important to really think about and be truthful on what you would like. I have never ran the polluter cam so I do not have anythinggood/bad to say. My only concern is it cant use a 110lsa without flycutting but since your changing heads it should be fine. TFS are nice because of the power gains and you get extra material on the head for clearances and machining. I personally love mu T-rex cam and trust me, it LOVES nitrous. Lets just say my T-rex/243 heads on a 150 shot put down over 600 to the ground on horsepower and torques thru a spooled moser 9". Also, what is your bidget, exhaust, tranni?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply man. Like I said in my PM to you, I just want a street/strip car that'll run 10's on the bottle (not sure if it'd make it all motor, I'm at 5800 ft above sealevel, kinda kills cars on motor). Running 10.5 would be very nice, but for now that's all my goals are on the stock motor. The car is an M6, exhaust is true duals no cats/no mufflers, small resonators, long tubes (pacesetters).
Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the reply man. Like I said in my PM to you, I just want a street/strip car that'll run 10's on the bottle (not sure if it'd make it all motor, I'm at 5800 ft above sealevel, kinda kills cars on motor). Running 10.5 would be very nice, but for now that's all my goals are on the stock motor. The car is an M6, exhaust is true duals no cats/no mufflers, small resonators, long tubes (pacesetters).
Running 10s on the bottle with a T-rex and any aftermarket head is no problem. But get rid of the pacesetters lol. Get a good clutch. My ram powergrip lasted 2 nitrous dyno runs and spun at the track. even the spec 5 didnt work for me. just get your suspension setup and you will enjoy it. the T-rex is a very tried and true cam that still to this day puts a smack down on a lot of new cams. For reference, my T-rex, small valve patriot 243, FLP headers, 150 shot ran 132mph in the 1/4.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

My clutch is good, I have a Monster Stage III, I love it. (We'll see how it holds up under more power and nitrous though). You got great results with a T-Rex, and I've been considering that cam for some time. Any heads you'd recommend with it? Have you tried out any other cams?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:15 AM
10 Second Club

I played with the LS6 cam for awhile but a friend bought the T-rex and I didnt want him to be faster so I ordered it too. I built both engines and started them at the same time. It sounded like God was clapping in happiness lol. I have seen the ms3/ms4/cheater/varios other cams in cars around hear and no one is as fast. If you have the money for heads go with either ported AI, TFS, or AFR. I used my small valve patriot 243 and got lucky but there is a lot of power left in bigger heads for me. If you go AFR pay the money to have Tony port the AFR/fast combo.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Tfs heads and a cam from Futral Motorsports
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, my boy just offered to sell me some TEA stg 2.5 heads with all Ferrea hardware on 'em for a good deal. Anyone have any cam suggestions? I'll probably go custom if I get these heads, but lets hear whatcha got!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know much about cartek but i have read good things about there 4x 243s. if you are lookin at a stock casting head. The only other 2 choices i would consider is a ms4/tsp 215 or vindicator/tfs 215..i would probably lean toward the ms4 combo if budget is an issue
Old 12-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Pay the extra $ and get a custom grind that will be made to suite YOUR EXACT needs you will be glad you did and also I would call a few diffrent place and just be up front with them about your goals and they will point you in the right direction.