Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well my engine went bye bye lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Batsword
Well first now, I talked to the guy who said he'd help me out by holding onto my Camaro while I was in Iraq, is saying I owe him 1600 in storage. For 5 months. What a dick clown. So I may be getting arrested when I go on R&R here in a couple weeks.
That sucks. At the very least I would have asked to drive it once in a great while.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread has nothing on Lithiums thread from like 3 years ago!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by no1izspeshl
That sucks. At the very least I would have asked to drive it once in a great while.
Well considering the two golfball sized holes in the block, I didn't think that was neccessary. But still, what a nice guy agreeing to help me out so I wouldn't have to pay for storage.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Damn, for a minute I thought I was in the AFR 215 thread.

Good luck with your rebuild. Sorry to hear it happened.
lol thanks bud! i take it all in stride, plus i'm looking towards how my set-up is going to be when it's complete
Well first now, I talked to the guy who said he'd help me out by holding onto my Camaro while I was in Iraq, is saying I owe him 1600 in storage. For 5 months. What a dick clown. So I may be getting arrested when I go on R&R here in a couple weeks.
damn if he didn't make a written or verbal agreement of that i'd look into legal advice . . . or possibly whooping his *** lol j/k
Originally Posted by orangeapeel
well how can i make my thread beat that one lol jk
Well considering the two golfball sized holes in the block, I didn't think that was neccessary. But still, what a nice guy agreeing to help me out so I wouldn't have to pay for storage.
yeah thats some shady **** right there

Last edited by King Nothing; 02-28-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

If there was no written agreement and only verbal there is really nothing he can do. As long as the title of the car is still in your name there really isn't anything he can do to keep you from getting it. If he wants money from you he is going to have to take you to civil court for it. If you want to get your car back take the title, registration, etc with you and call local law enforcement to do a stand by. It's your property he can't keep you from it. That's how it is in my state. Check with local law enforcement to be sure.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Teching In

If there was no written agreement and only verbal there is really nothing he can do. As long as the title of the car is still in your name there really isn't anything he can do to keep you from getting it. If he wants money from you he is going to have to take you to civil court for it. If you want to get your car back take the title, registration, etc with you and call local law enforcement to do a stand by. It's your property he can't keep you from it. That's how it is in my state. Check with local law enforcement to be sure.
Well being in Iraq, that's hard to do. But great advice, I will be home on R&R in a couple of weeks, we'll see. May get even more complicated though since I live in Texas and he's just across the state line into New Mexico.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post a link.

EDIT: That is the paper towel thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ed-up-now.html

I remember that one. It is quite good. There was another one where a guy sucked some rags through his EGR port in his intake manifold. I think it got deleted though because everyone was ragging on him.

I agree with you. As long as there is no written agreement the police won't do anything about it. If you can reclaim your car without doing anything illegal there is no issue. Possesion is 9/10ths of the law.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
As long as there is no written agreement the police won't do anything about it. If you can reclaim your car without doing anything illegal there is no issue. Possesion is 9/10ths of the law.
I don't know where the possession is 9/10th's of the law came from, I need to research that.

Beaflag makes a great point, obtaining your car without doing anything illegal. This is where some people mess up. The law is a great thing IF you know it AND it's on your side....

That's what I do for 8-10 hours a day
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Well being in Iraq, that's hard to do. But great advice, I will be home on R&R in a couple of weeks, we'll see. May get even more complicated though since I live in Texas and he's just across the state line into New Mexico.
Well if you need help...I am in NM too lol...I jest. I am not agreeing to be an accomplice to any crime. heh
Old 02-04-2010, 03:48 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing

well how can i make my thread beat that one lol jk
You have to break like 400 posts.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by no1izspeshl
Well if you need help...I am in NM too lol...I jest. I am not agreeing to be an accomplice to any crime. heh
Well first I'm trying to at least get him to ask a reasonable amount for that amount of time, then I'll get police involved. And if they can't help, I'll break his jaw.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

You have to break like 400 posts.
ok so i'v e got some work to do lol
Well first I'm trying to at least get him to ask a reasonable amount for that amount of time, then I'll get police involved. And if they can't help, I'll break his jaw.
so anything new on your development?

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
well i got halfway down the first page and closed the thread lol i'll probably read it later on. the guys raggin on me in my thread are people who are on a local car board and just can't seem to get enough of takin shots at me

stuff i have for my build so far: untouched 243's that wont stay untouched , race version pacesetters, the intake accessories to put that free ram air **** back to stock. i'll be ordering the rotating assembly in a couple weeks, plans changed on that so i need to save up a bit more money lol my 241 heads are pretty much sold, i still need to sell the cam and the one to replace it might just be the El Torro cam. i'll probably order the new fuel pump kit in a few months since i don't see this car running till august at the earliest since i'm building the engine and trans. but for now, time to take off the torque arm and loosen all the trans and engine mounts bolts to get them ready for removal!!!

Last edited by King Nothing; 02-28-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Quote:

so anything new on your development?

He's now re-agreed to the original plan. So I guess I'll just have to see when I get back. ******* Iraq lol.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

He's now re-agreed to the original plan. So I guess I'll just have to see when I get back. ******* Iraq lol.
hope it works out for ya!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

hope it works out for ya!
Me too, dealing with the rebuild alone is going to be stressful enough as it is!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Me too, dealing with the rebuild alone is going to be stressful enough as it is!
your telling me!!! there are certain specifics i need to find the answers out on before i can choose the cam . . . not like i have a block or rotating assembly yet anyway lol
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

your telling me!!! there are certain specifics i need to find the answers out on before i can choose the cam . . . not like i have a block or rotating assembly yet anyway lol
Haha well I'm 8000 miles away and don't have anything yet so I feel ya.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttranssam
wow, 160k on a 400hp motor....prolly beating the **** out of is amazing. to think that people get happy when there mini van gets 200k and they took care of it. thats great god bless that little ls1's soal...lol
I bought my car at 161 in june and put every mod but heads on it. everything was well. just swapped it a few months ago but was my choice, i didnt have too. As well as the block is taken care of, they will perform
Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blackedout drop ls1
I bought my car at 161 in june and put every mod but heads on it. everything was well. just swapped it a few months ago but was my choice, i didnt have too. As well as the block is taken care of, they will perform
IMO if the engine is taken care of it should be ok . . . driving into a deep puddle is not recommended lol
Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Teching In

IMO if the engine is taken care of it should be ok . . . driving into a deep puddle is not recommended lol
Just bumping to see if you've made any headway yet.