Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pushrod clearance to head??? 3/8" will not fit TFS heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by namahs
I hear what your saying about mocking it up. I was told that it would work by the company that sold the stuff to me. The 11/32 pushrods in 7.050 length with fix the issue if I can get them next day aired to me. Do you know where I can get them?

I wont be taking the heads off, I will be returning the rockers AGAIN for a refund if it comes down to it. Like I said, I already sent back the old style ones because I didn't want to grind on my head after they were installed.
Dan,

I am sorry for you not getting through yesterday. We had 4 lines ringing from 9:30am till 6:30pm when the phones shut off. I am sorry you are having issues with the rocker setup. I hope after our conversation this morning, you are good to go. When selling this type of part, especially to another shop, I sometimes assume things I shouldn't. I am always fully prepared to modify parts (which is almost ALWAYS necessary) to make things work. Unfortunately, the world of shaft mount rockers and LSx engines have a nasty nasty relationship. I actually own one of the very first sets of T&D rockers ever made for an LS1. I used them in one of the very first solid roller setups ever done on this engine family. IIRC T&D had to have my heads to build the rockers. Even then, we had to grind the snot out of the heads to make it all work...

Again, I'm sorry for the issues you've had with the rockers. I had never used those rockers on Patriot heads but assumed the normal modifications would need to be made to the heads for clearance. As I've done before, I'd have no problem taking the rockers back for a refund if thats what you want to do. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with our tech help or service over something like this. One thing I do know is that we have the best tech support of ANY online retailer in this market. I hate to say it but we have other shops customers calling us to ask how to properly install and setup their parts. I won't jeopardize this at any cost.

Thanks,
Shane Burgess
Co-Owner, VP Operations
Thunder Performance Group, Inc.
D/b/a Thunder Racing

Last edited by XtraCajunSS; 03-11-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris has the YT rockers.

Quick Reply: Pushrod clearance to head??? 3/8" will not fit TFS heads