Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont stay running after motor install

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010 | 05:28 PM
On The Tree

uhh yeah it could be, its the MAF sensor, your MAF may be going bad are you sure its hooked up?
Old 03-24-2010 | 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Well, the damn shop that was "checking" the tune when the car "mysteriously" blew up on their dyno was in the progress of tuning the car for speed density. So, I don’t know if this is something they did, or what, but Ill swap the mass air meter to see what happens.
Old 03-26-2010 | 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

OK, Update, I installed another MAF sensor, and cleared the codes, and started he car, and bam, the P0103 immediatly popped up, P0103 HC. And the car stalled. But if I hold the RPMs up, then itll run until I let off.
Old 03-26-2010 | 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

imo that means the shop you had doing the tuning left the maf set to fail at low mhz and didnt shut off the codes/engine light for it. since it starts up and runs with the maf disconnected then if they were able to do any tuning before the motor blew then its probably still in sd mode... i would get a laptop/scanner on there asap and data log to see whats going on. and def have the tune checked out. it seems like the idle wasnt tuned at all either before any dyno runs were done while in sd mode before it blew. figure this. if the ve table isnt spot on when in sd mode. then the car will not run/run correctly. as the maf and ve table are blended together under 4400 rpm when still using the maf.hope this gives you some insight.

Last edited by MattysTA; 03-26-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2010 | 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MattysTA
imo that means the shop you had doing the tuning left the maf set to fail at low mhz and didnt shut off the codes/engine light for it. since it starts up and runs with the maf disconnected then if they were able to do any tuning before the motor blew then its probably still in sd mode... i would get a laptop/scanner on there asap and data log to see whats going on. and def have the tune checked out. it seems like the idle wasnt tuned at all either before any dyno runs were done while in sd mode before it blew. figure this. if the ve table isnt spot on when in sd mode. then the car will not run/run correctly. as the maf and ve table are blended together under 4400 rpm when still using the maf.hope this gives you some insight.

Thanks man, your awesome. Ill have all of that checked. I was told the shop that was working on the tune (when the car blew) was TOP NOTCH, and I dont doubt their talents. But, I knew that since I DIDNT have them build the car, I might have issues. Man, Ive learned my lesson. Never going there again..!!!

Quick Reply: car wont stay running after motor install