Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 215 Bullet UPDATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice spin Steve but we all know the truth. You said we were "loosers" (learn to spell) for wanting dyno numbers. Yet you posted them, so you must be a loser too. (correct spelling)

As far as me deleting my comments, I was asked to directly by Tony Mamo. So out of respect I did. Nothing to do with things going my way or not. I have no agenda. I simply called you out on the shitty post you made after so many people defended you, supported you and waited for you. Thats all. I don't have a damn thing against you. Just didn't like the tone you had in your post so I called you out on it. Now you are scrambling to save face. Shouldn't been a a-hole pretending to be an angle. I've made no bones about it, I'm not mr nice guy so don't confuse the issue of you downing everyone that anticipated some results from you who was lucky enough to run the very first set of afr 215's. So in my opinion its kinda your job to help out with the information on those heads and let us know first hand how they perform.

Now get back to your Lifestyle of the rich and infamous. BTW I only posted what I made last year because you insuated my time on tech means I don't work. Well I happen to work and do tech at the same time. I'm afforded that option often. Down time.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Nice spin Steve but we all know the truth. You said we were "loosers" (learn to spell) for wanting dyno numbers. Yet you posted them, so you must be a loser too. (correct spelling)

As far as me deleting my comments, I was asked to directly by Tony Mamo. So out of respect I did. Nothing to do with things going my way or not. I have no agenda. I simply called you out on the shitty post you made after so many people defended you, supported you and waited for you. Thats all. I don't have a damn thing against you. Just didn't like the tone you had in your post so I called you out on it. Now you are scrambling to save face. Shouldn't been a a-hole pretending to be an angle. I've made no bones about it, I'm not mr nice guy so don't confuse the issue of you downing everyone that anticipated some results from you who was lucky enough to run the very first set of afr 215's. So in my opinion its kinda your job to help out with the information on those heads and let us know first hand how they perform.

Now get back to your Lifestyle of the rich and infamous. BTW I only posted what I made last year because you insuated my time on tech means I don't work. Well I happen to work and do tech at the same time. I'm afforded that option often. Down time.
God you are an idiot. I am not sure how many times I am going to have to repeat myself.

I dont work for AFR. It isnt my "job" to do a damn thing. But you obviously forget my post where I pimped them and Tony Mamo. Where have I not provided results of my build? Where have I "downed the people" waiting for results? I posted engine dyno numbers when I got them. I posted chassis dyno numbers when I got them. I gave my impressions of how the car drives (twice), and I let everyone know how the engine performs. WTF more do you want? How many dang dyno numbers do YOU need?

Again, where do I state that I have a "rich and famous" lifestyle? I said I am busy "living life" NOT "living THE life". BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE!!!!! Where am I trying to save face? Since day one I have stated that I dont give a rats *** about dyno numbers (I have mentioned that more times than I can count now). Where have I changed my philosophy on that? WTF do you mean by "people defending me"? Defending me against what? That doesnt even make sense. You are the one putting spin on my post and putting words in my mouth, I am not the one tryng to change what I said. You are the one trying to "save face" with your post above. Not me.

You say I cant spell, but it is more obvious you cant read.

And you are so into yourself that you felt the need to post your annual earnings? For what reason? At what point did I question your income or even request or even insinuate that I made more than you? WTF was that all about?

You're pissed because I got the heads before you and you are scared that my build makes more power than yours and you are wanting to see some more chassis dyno numbers so you can jump up and down and wave your arms AGAIN saying "Look at me, look at me and my Vengence build!!!!! My TFS heads are better than the AFR heads!! My dyno proves it!! (and everyone knows that chassis dyno numbers are THE Holy Grail at providing the results of an engine build ) LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!" THAT is your agenda, EVERYONE knows it. You are so transparent it is pathetic. But you are too vain to realize that.

Please keep posting in this thread. It only reinforces everyone's opinion of you. This thread does nothing to discredit me.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

This thread is starting to sound like the other.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow...really?

i wish i was you guys parent so i could be like, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all" then make you go to your rooms so you can think about what yall did.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can't read? You can't read spell. Why ask why I felt you were ******* me and others when I made it clear in my complaint. Tech members aren't "LOOSERS" as you spell it for wanting info on an exciting new build. That pretty much explains my gripe. No need to call me and other tech members "LOOSERS" when the only loser on here is you that has an attitude about people being excited for you and your successful build. Then come on here and post comments like we are dumb. BTW, wheres the SAE numbers? I could post my STD and Uncorrected numbers that were 25 and 40 rwhp higher. Lets stick to the accepted, SAE cf.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

dude srsly stfu...if i was a mod ide have locked this bitch down already.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

And Doug's true colors come out with this very lovely PM I just got from him..........

Today, 09:45 PM
allngn_c5
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 3

I'd love to see you in person

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably look just as I envision you. A balding, fat, bitch of a man stuck with a fat ugly wife and taking care of your parents and hers as you stated all because you aren't man enough to put your foot down.

Whatever "LOOSER" Enjoy your 500 rwhp SAE corrected zo6. Btw side by side in 4th gear from the same starting mph I blow your doors off to the top of the gear. I'm so glad you got the overhyped heads that imo didn't deliver any ground breaking performance. BTW dumb *** my motor was built by LGM that took the cheapest route possible. No frills at all other then the callies crank and compstar rods. They were all about profit. Tony built you a real gem, I would've thought more considering the painstaking time put into your build. 14 months was it ? Sucker.

Anytime you are in the area, lets do it bitch. Then you can go home with your tail between your legs. I guess you shouldn't have aimed your shitty comments at me in an open forum. You started the mess after being called out on your comments. Nothing wrong with that. You should've just apologized and said it came out wrong but no you had to justify yourself. What an ahole you are.
Tick Master. *** Performance needs:Vengeance Racing 678 513 7105
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s-results.html

I just got E-thugged!!!

Just like I said Doug, you are vain, transparent and scared of my car. You just emphatically proved my statements. A 4th gear roll would prove exactly what?? That your car is potentially faster than mine? That is awesome.

Last edited by ssmith512; 06-01-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Doug, a bit of friendly advice....

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

And I will take some of my own advice......

Never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Old 06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

I read this twice trying to see who he called a loser and he didn't call anyone a loser. Everyone here knows dyno numbers vary pending on the kind of dyno and who runs it. It all comes down really what kind of number it could pull at the strip. But here is the problem, Steve doesn't drag race. Personally me and few other friends of steve's highly wish that tony mamo would fly out here July 4th weekend with some checked bags that look like a CCW drag pak. We all guarantee his car would dominate the N/A class easy hands down. It ain't going to happen cause Steve will probably be sitting in A/C watching some F1 or road race somewhere in the world.

Yes if AFR gave Steve some free heads or Free engine or Free dyno tune, yes he could be obligated to state things. But Steve payed for everything with his 50-60 hour work weeks. The shipping from California to Indy would put a big dent in most peoples build budgets.

Will Steve ever do a 4th gear pull on a public highway I doubt it, because there is too much to lose.

It is his car he could never posted anything because it his right to do so. Everyone here ought to fill fortunate someone went and dropped the cash to do this build and was able to live vicariously through Steve's wallet. Cause I sure heck did and I get the occasional ride in the Blue Devil. I gotten to ride in some fast stuff. Fastest experiences riding shotgun was A full prepped Porsche RSR race car and a high 9 sec turbo cobra on a drag strip. The feeling the cobra gives a launch, it feels like your stomach is flattening out on your spine hitting the back seat. Then your stomach starts to move forward but then the acceleration G-forces kick in. Well Steve's vette has that same G-force feel upon acceleration in 4th gear at 2500rpm. If this thing ever sees drag radials, I can damn sure we will find the weakest link. Though there isn't much left in the drivetrain that isn't modified. Most likely the vette will cross the finish line 2' shorter then when it started.

I am not directing this towards anyone, this is just a general post.

Now I just got to start a savings account to buy this monster when steve gets bored. Cause I wish I could of bought his last toy a Redfire Cobra, it was perfect.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I am not directing this towards anyone, this is just a general post.
What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me out?!? I'll do a 5th gear roll on a dirt road any time you want pal...
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssmith512
Doug, a bit of friendly advice....

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

And I will take some of my own advice......

Never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It just amazes me that you call people losers for wanting information about your car, and then twist it around on me. There are 3 or 4 of us that posted the same conclusion on your original post.

4th gear what does it prove, well same gear ratio, even race even though your car is lighter. So glad I run TFS.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

4th gear what does it prove, well same gear ratio, even race even though your car is lighter. So glad I run TFS.
Sorry, I COMPLETELY forgot about the part where I was suppossed to have a motor built so my car would be faster than your car. Oh wait, no I didnt...........

(post taken from Westech dyno thread)
A couple of quick notes for those that may have missed it in the previous posts: This build focused on low RPM punch. Peak HP was secondary and never really part of the initial discussion. Eveything, cam selection, cam timing, lift, etc. were spec'd for low RPM torque and for it to carry that torque for as long as possible. Max effort was NOT the name of THIS game. Tony not only nailed this for me, he threw the freaking hammer though the wall!!!! LOL!!!
Why do you keep doing this to yourself? And not just in my thread, it is all over this forum. I am really starting to have pity for you. I am afraid for your well being and mental stability. I am comfortable enough with my sexuality to say to you that I am more than willing to give you a hug if you would like one. I feel that you need one.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It just amazes me that you call people losers for wanting information about your car, and then twist it around on me. There are 3 or 4 of us that posted the same conclusion on your original post.

Doug...it is obvious there is history that explains his reaction, so I'm asking you - please just let it go. Don't turn this into a TFS vs. AFR pissing match either. Both have proven themselves as aftermarket castings, and everyone has their own preference. Competition is a good thing, and in the end, we all win by getting the best product companies can provide.

Continuing to reply in this thread is not contributing anything to this discussion, so please stop unless it is tech related. Personal conversations like the one you are trying to have in here need to be taken to PMs.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Continuing to reply in this thread is not contributing anything to this discussion, so please stop unless it is tech related. Personal conversations like the one you are trying to have in here need to be taken to PMs.
I am equally at fault for perpetuating the non-tech related, nonsensical jibberish. My apologies.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
thank you! this bitch if they keep going....

I am equally at fault for perpetuating the non-tech related, nonsensical jibberish. My apologies.
you should have just let the *** keep making an *** of himself...
Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Careful you aren't allowed to call anyone out or ask questions about track performance. You'll just get ganged up on and thrown under the bus.

My bad, couldn't help it.
Doug,

Steve made it abundantly clear months ago that this car may never see a dragstrip....long before there were ever any numbers to try and "validate" with trapspeeds.

In short, he's not a drag racer....if he competes with his car it would likely be in a road racing venue because he is a former HPDE instructor, but most of the time he just drives this car on the street which is where we placed the emphasis of the build.

That said, your quote above is the pot calling the kettle black....you still have not backed up your own combination with a trap speed worthy of the figures you promote in your sig, so I wouldn't be pointing a finger at Steve's or anyone else's build right now if you want to puff your chest and talk about dragstrip results.

My former 383 build which was tested on the same engine dyno as Steve's 407 combo fell 10 HP shy and was annihilated in peak torque (40 ft/lbs) and area under the curve when the results of both combinations were laid over one another. This is an apples to apples test and is a very valid comparison (versus comparing chassis dyno numbers which have far more variables from different facilities).

Where am I going with this.....my 383 propelled my Vette to 129 MPH trapspeeds @ 1500 ish D/A and 130 MPH @ 800 ish D/A. Look at Steve's combo compared to my former combo below....I could tell you without a doubt that Steve's engine in my Vette would have easily propelled my car into the low 130's and not in mineshaft conditions like you have a better chance of grabbing being alot further north. Last I heard your best trap was 127 - 128 MPH.....still shy of my 383's results. Sure there might be more in your ride and I know you broke a few parts (goes with the territory), but before pointing a finger at anyone else regarding track results I would make sure you have all your own ducks in a row as they say.

Steve's engine is a beast plain and simple....hell my 383 ran extremely hard and felt great in my Vette.....the combo I built for Steve would eat its lunch the way it would launch and recover from a gear change with the huge increase in low/midrange torque and area under the curve. I was jealous I couldn't experience Steve's new combo when I was leaving the dyno facility and had the idea to dig up my old 383 results to see how the two compared.

If there was ever a perfect example of what "area under the curve" means, this comparison qualifies as the poster child

The fact is TFS makes a good product and Doug you obviously have a good running combination built around those heads....congratulations....enjoy it (I'm being serious). AFR makes a fine product as well and I know Steve has a good combination built around his heads. Lets just leave it at that and lets all move on....life's too short. IMO part of the reason Steve came off a little "dicky" (for lack of a better word) a few posts ago is because he has such a short fuse with you personally and your trying to come in his threads like the innocent enthusiast (basically trying to appear you have no agenda) looking for numbers. Please....no one in this thread is that naive.

There is plenty of room for everyone to get along here regardless of the parts chosen for their build....and thankfully competition is what keeps upping the ante for the next wave of technological improvements. Look for more from the AFR camp very soon

PS.....I couldn't help it either....LOL

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 06-09-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tony, I didn't say an Fn thing about Steve drag racing so point your rant cannon somewhere else. 9secondsflat posted up about it so why is my name even in it. Ya'll need to point the finger in the right direction. I posted nothing warranting you or Chris bringing me in the mix. Just advised 9secondsflat what would happen but you guys just love to Martyr me. WTF !?!?

I do have an opinion, because I have had to learn the hard way how difficult it is to launch and pilot one of these monsters down the track. Steve would have a hard time the way his car is setting now to run low 12's (street tires, no drag pack, and ZERO seat time at the track). Not saying this to be hard on Steve just pointing out facts. I was humbled at the art that is involved in cutting a good 60 time. Also learned the hard way that you cant run everyone down that leaves you at the line. I ran low to mid 12's on Michelin PS2's (old h/c 346). Steve's invos tires would not hold anything more then an easy roll out so a 2.2 or worse would be a good 60 if he launches at all. Put Tony with the right tire and said drag pack you probably got a 10.8x car at 130-135 mph depending on DA of course.

Tony I went back and re read your comments, I guess you weren't as hard on me as I thought but I was told to leave it alone and I have. I didn't request or infer anything about Steves track times as he's stated he doesn't drag race. Chris even posted the car sees more runs to Duncan Donuts then anywhere else.

Tony one more thing, very classy way to close out. 2 very good products that both have excelled beyond most others in the field. Now here comes PI. BTW I had 0 complaints about the afr 205's I had. Made my 346 run like a MFr but just wanted more out of the 402 and since you couldnt meet my deadline I regrettably had to back out of our deal. My apologies, but at least Steve benefitted from it.

Sorry to all involved for me being an ***. I guess I just don't know any better. I am trying though. Please look to past my history and towards my future. Thats all I can ask. Enjoy Steve, and no hard feelings.

Last edited by allngn_c5; 06-09-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=Tony Mamo @ AFR;13447178]Doug,

Steve made it abundantly clear months ago that this car may never see a dragstrip....long before there were ever any numbers to try and "validate" with trapspeeds.

That said, your quote above is the pot calling the kettle black....you still have not backed up your own combination with a trap speed worthy of the figures you promote in your sig, so I wouldn't be pointing a finger at Steve's or anyone else's build right now if you want to puff your chest and talk about dragstrip results.
]
Tony the wicked pull from 145 to 204 mph in 5th gear is more then enough proof for me and anyone else to back up my numbers but I will go to the track again when I'm able to. I think I could pilot her to an 11.25 or 11.3 at 129-131 About the best I think I can do. Sorry not a great drive or fast shifter...

I hear ya Tony I have yet to back it up. The night I had good air -800 ish DA and I finally cut a respectable 60 on DRs (1.71) without the aid of a drag pack I snapped the output shaft of my trans on the 2-3 shift. (How about that for torque) I was well on my way to a good number due to 60 improvement alone (-.23) At any rate I can't argue with you but will say stay tuned. BTW in +2300ish DA she ran 126.72 @ 11.59 with a 1.959 60 footer. Nice but definately not what the car should do with a better driver. Tick MC solved the high rpm shift issue so I'd like to go back in the fall. Milan warned me after an 11.65 pass, I thought the cut off was 11.49 before they say anything?

Again where is the comments towards the person that brought this up? Is it jump on Doug when someone else asks about Steves car ? LOL

Last edited by allngn_c5; 06-09-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 9secondsflat
any drag strip mph/ et yet???

500 ft/lbs of tq is pure evil.....
Originally Posted by Chris C.
Steve doesn't drag race, this car mainly goes from his house to dunkin donuts in 30 minutes or less.
Careful you aren't allowed to call anyone out or ask questions about track performance. You'll just get ganged up on and thrown under the bus.

My bad, couldn't help it.
Check the timeline and who made what comment. Not me.

Quick Reply: AFR 215 Bullet UPDATE!!