Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged LS1 347 Build..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Is Willie gettin'em done for ya??? He likes those heads....I assume you are in ENC????

No Offense but This guy will never touch my car again... I'll going thru Mayham or RPM! I'm in Havelock...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 02*C5
Piece of advise do not go with the LS7 lifters if you are going with the MS4 A LOT of LS7 lifter failures with aggressive cams such as the MS4 go with the stock LS1/LS6 lifters they are the ones I am using

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-G...Q5fAccessories

Good luck
Please explain better as to where this hearsay is coming from. The LS7 lifter is the stock replacement lifter for the LS1/LS6. We move approximately 60 sets of LS7 lifters a month on average and I can definitely tell you there is not a problem with them in aggressive cam applications in general. It is THE most popular and most used lifter in LSx applications across the board, virtually everyone with a heads/cam setup is running LS7 lifters. I personally run them in my stock cube LS1 with a 238/247 .640/.610 and have zero worries as to the durability of the lifters.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrs1313
you can always sell the darts and get a different head...unless you are getting a smoking deal on the machine work...although you usually get what you pay for...

I say sell the darts and get a set of TFS or afr's...even as cast TFS are great bang for the buck under 2k...

also why the -8cc pistons over a -2 or even -4...

what final cc chamber or cr do you plan on obtaining...
If he already has the Darts, he may as well get them fixed. once they are they are in the same class as the tfs or afr.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 298 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Please explain better as to where this hearsay is coming from. The LS7 lifter is the stock replacement lifter for the LS1/LS6. We move approximately 60 sets of LS7 lifters a month on average and I can definitely tell you there is not a problem with them in aggressive cam applications in general. It is THE most popular and most used lifter in LSx applications across the board, virtually everyone with a heads/cam setup is running LS7 lifters. I personally run them in my stock cube LS1 with a 238/247 .640/.610 and have zero worries as to the durability of the lifters.
If you take the time to do a search you will find threads not only on this site but many other sites that talk and have examples (pictures) of what has happened. You as a sponsor should really do some research instead of trying to defend a lifter that is not made to work with aggressive lobes or high lifts as the LS7 lifter. The LS7 as well as the CTS-V lifters have encountered failure with cams with lift higher than .615 and lobes like the XE-R lobes. Just do a search before coming down on some one who has absolutely no vested interest in either way except for peoples combo to have a long lasting life.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...in-lifter.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...r-failure.html

If you'd like i can keep finding more for you just on this site alone.

Thanks

sorry op

Last edited by 02*C5; 04-26-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
If he already has the Darts, he may as well get them fixed. once they are they are in the same class as the tfs or afr.
I have to agree 100% you send them to tea, AI or texas speed the darts heads once a true professional takes hold of them, and cleans them up, they can be put up against any head out there.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

If you take the time to do a search you will find threads not only on this site but many other sites that talk and have examples (pictures) of what has happened. You as a sponsor should really do some research instead of trying to defend a lifter that is not made to work with aggressive lobes or high lifts as the LS7 lifter. The LS7 as well as the CTS-V lifters have encountered failure with cams with lift higher than .615 and lobes like the XE-R lobes. Just do a search before coming down on some one who has absolutely no vested interest in either way except for peoples combo to have a long lasting life.

Thanks

sorry op
Don't jump on me with an accusation of me blindly defending a product without knowing anything about it. Internet warriors who want to slam a particular product because they read a couple threads when in reality they don't have any real knowledge of the situation are the real problem with anything like this. You do not know why those lifters failed, only that they failed. You can not make a judgment against a product as a whole because you have seen a few failures online when you have zero actual knowledge as to the cause of the failure or the situation surrounding it. There are thousands upon thousands of these sets of lifters running in large cammed applications without problems, all of the shops who do this for a living still use them in such applications with no worries as to the outcome, but YOU know that they are a problem because you read of a few failures online?

Of course I have vested interest in this, and I could easily jump onto your side and sell much more expensive lifters and make alot more money. I would rather be honest about the lifters and sell what an application calls for, and in many many cases, it's the LS7 lifters that are the best bang for the buck and that will be completely safe and reliable, even if I make less money on them. Selling the parts doesn't ruin my credibility, that's a ridiculous accusation.

The Cadillac lifters are not good for high spring pressures and aggressive cams and the possibility of a failure increases when used in those applications. That doesn't transfer over to the LS7 lifter as it is a completely different product

In common applications including those of "large" cams the LS7 lifters ARE the best bang for the buck and are completely reliable.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks

sorry op

Im sorry but I have to agree with Scoggin Dickey. I run LS7 lifters in my 347. My cam is has XFI lobes on the intake and XER on the exhaust. Been running this setup for 2 year and 20k miles without an issue. You can't buy LS1/LS6 lifters anymore, the LS7 lifter is the replacement lifter. The LS7 lifter failures that were posted above can happen to any lifter of any company. Does anyone remember the old Comp R lifters and all the issues they had with them. The LS7 lifter is flat out the most used lifter in the LS based engine so statistically speaking you're gonna have a few failures hear and there. That doesn't mean that LS7 Lifters are no good with aggressive cams.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
Im sorry but I have to agree with Scoggin Dickey. I run LS7 lifters in my 347. My cam is has XFI lobes on the intake and XER on the exhaust. Been running this setup for 2 year and 20k miles without an issue. You can't buy LS1/LS6 lifters anymore, the LS7 lifter is the replacement lifter. The LS7 lifter failures that were posted above can happen to any lifter of any company. Does anyone remember the old Comp R lifters and all the issues they had with them. The LS7 lifter is flat out the most used lifter in the LS based engine so statistically speaking you're gonna have a few failures hear and there. That doesn't mean that LS7 Lifters are no good with aggressive cams.
I just retorted to the previous post.

I am sure the op doesn't want his thread turning into a lifter back and forth if any one else would like please start a different thread out of respect to the op.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1CALIBOY
No Offense but This guy will never touch my car again... I'll going thru Mayham or RPM! I'm in Havelock...
Just asking since I guessed you are from around here and know of his fondness for Darts.

RPM is a stand up shop and you get what they promise... Let me know and I may be able to follow you and give you a ride back.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Of course I have vested interest in this, and I could easily jump onto your side and sell much more expensive lifters and make alot more money.
again i have no vested interest my last word to u are if u did a little research you'd find out i don't sell anything on ebay those lifters i gave a link to are the ones i bought.

again op my apologies.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Just asking since I guessed you are from around here and know of his fondness for Darts.

RPM is a stand up shop and you get what they promise... Let me know and I may be able to follow you and give you a ride back.
Thanx man My buddy is actually handling the motor and transport to the shop, I currently deployed to afghan...

again i have no vested interest my last word to u are if u did a little research you'd find out i don't sell anything on ebay those lifters i gave a link to are the ones i bought.

again op my apologies.
Thanx for the advice man and I appreciate you not just throwing your opinion out there without any back up like alot of ppl on this site do...also thanx for getting this thread back to the topic!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Hey guys and gals I know this threads been untouch for awhile, but im in need of some 347 build info so please dont take my head off. I need a acurate list of parts that i need to replace for my forged 347 build (talking about the shortblock only) just to be clear. I already have diamond 3.905 forged pistons -8cc, .927 wristpins, keeping the ls1 block and crank. Also guys keep in mind Im trying to keep a budget so... if it doesnt need to be replaced then i'd rather not.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Anyone? I need some help.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Shouldn't be a problem to hit your goals.

I hit 413hp at the wheels with a cracked piston running TSP PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L heads, a Comp Cam 111LSA 228/224 cam .578/.586 cam with an LS6 intake, underdrive pulley, long tube headers, no cats, upgraded oil pump, and slightly ported stock throttle body. Doing this with a manual 6 speed and a quasi crappy launch at the local track netted me 115mph at 12.6 ish seconds.

Another fellow with good AFR's, a lumpy cam in his 98 camaro and an automatic trans with a high stall was running 11.4secs at 119mph. Kicked my *** out of the water with better flowing heads and the ability to launch like a bat outta hell. His mph and a slushbox suggests he was also making more power with his combo.

Good luck
Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Datankid069
Hey guys and gals I know this threads been untouch for awhile, but im in need of some 347 build info so please dont take my head off. I need a acurate list of parts that i need to replace for my forged 347 build (talking about the shortblock only) just to be clear. I already have diamond 3.905 forged pistons -8cc, .927 wristpins, keeping the ls1 block and crank. Also guys keep in mind Im trying to keep a budget so... if it doesnt need to be replaced then i'd rather not.
Can anyone give me this information really trying to get this build going.

Quick Reply: Forged LS1 347 Build..