Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A troubled 404 Stroker...***UPDATEDD** PLEASE READ LAST POST!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had given up on this motor but something told me to take one last look at this before I completely washed my hands clean. I was thinking the head gasket was shot because of the water getting into the cylinders. Well it's not the head gasket. How I figured this out? I opened the cap and no signs of oil at all. Something told me to open the Intake (brand new 92mm Fast intake with less than 500 miles on it). My mechanic gave it one last spin with no plugs in it and the motor turned!!!! But **** did it cough out water like no tomorrow! I pulled the intake off and what do you know? THE ******* WATERS GOING DIRECTLY INTO THE MOTOR FROM THE INTAKE! I'm shocked here because I can't figure out how this can happen!!! I drained the oil and nothing but water from the pan! Btw, when I tilted the intake that ****** looks like someone held a hose to it! Waters coming out...water water water! So now I'm confused as to what my next step should be. I'm gonna do a couple of oil changes to get this water out. But I don't understand man this sucks ***!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

So your rings were rusted and the engine was stuck, but you got it broke loose? I would bet there's damage to the cylinders. Hopefully you'll be lucky.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blsnelling
So your rings were rusted and the engine was stuck, but you got it broke loose? I would bet there's damage to the cylinders. Hopefully you'll be lucky.
compression is strong in the motor! but I don't know.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water in the intake? You have enemies? Sounds like somone knew it wasn't going to be started in a while and filled it up.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^^---- I'd have to agree with the man above. Sounds like someone f'd with your ****. Water should not be in there.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was the car stored outside? and has it rained at all since its been sitting? ive read about water somehow (no one seems to know) getting into the intake during a heavy rain. atleast it didnt eat itself upon startup with the plugs in like another guy on here!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

lets see THAT much water going through a close butterfly. On an engine that has no water channel through the intake and a sealed valley. Been tapping the neighbours wife lately?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ND400
lets see THAT much water going through a close butterfly. On an engine that has no water channel through the intake and a sealed valley. Been tapping the neighbours wife lately?
hahah! I needed that laugh. But I don't know. I mean the bolts for the intake were sorta loose. I gave it one simple turn and it opened.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

still mate i cant see enough water like youve mentioned getting in like that. I tend to just smear a bit of rubber grease around the intake ports when i put the intakes on. It lets the seal slide easy during installation and shows up any air leaks when it pushes the grease out.