Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pull rear cover without dropping trans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He meant when he got going and was in overdrive and below 2000 rpms, it was showing just above 20, but he was running 5w30 full synthetic and its hot as ***** in texas as it is, he switch to a heaviear weight oil and now it stayes between 40-60 psi. He said he is just going to drive it and if i blows, then he has a guy that will sell him a new ls6 shortblock for $2000 and hell use his top end and just build it later.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I read it wrong...I thought he meant that it was idling around 40-60 psi, but dropping to 20 psi while cruising under load. Nevermind me.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Ok, so he got on it a little and now there sounds like something getting jolted around in there. He said he's done with it. He's going to tear it down if he can find somewhere to do it. Said he had 5 days off in a row from work to do it. He has worse luck than anyone I have ever known when it comes to cars especially. His motorcycle had some big issues that cost him(after wrecking his first one), then his F150 has three holes in the heads and leaks extremely bad, rear end blew out right before that in the F150. Trans Am engine blew a rod, rebuilt an LQ9 and put in and had trouble all along the way, and now its F'd . Oh and he got his apartment broke into about 6 weeks ago and they stole his .45 pistol and his 50 inch tv. I feel bad and have tried to help him out as much as I can. Now he needs a place to do this rebuild and doest have anywhere to go. This has all happened in the last 6 months. Something good has to happen soon right?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 vote that the gold fleck he saw was actually bronze bearing material... we all know as the bearings wear out they look bronze in color... Time to, at a minimum, freshen up the bearings and I would recommend having the clearances checked and pray that the crank isn't all scarred up.