Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a custom grind cam from texas speed on a customers 2010 maggie ss camaro
worked perfect they did a great job
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In most cases you cant say "A cam is a cam is a cam". You guys crack me up!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I missed your email. Between the phones, boards, and emails, we stay covered up! I try to get to as many as I can but some days just don't allow for it. Feel free to shoot me a PM or call any of us and we'll get you fixed up!

Jon
Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Launching!

i dont know about for a forced induction cam ,but the ms3 ive seen on the dyno has a great powerband for all motor dd ..
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Check out Patriot's 225/229 .580/.590 114+4 cam. I have it, and my car is DD. It drive's amazingly. Plenty of torque downlow and good peak power at 6500. The small split might help it good with nitrous. It's a great DD cam, but this car won't be DD much coming soon so I want to step it up soon. A good custom grind will come to match the heads I want.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Man I Have also repeatedly called that number TSP has on their website and emailed them a couple of times with no response. I think I have to give up with them.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by eduardo
Man I Have also repeatedly called that number TSP has on their website and emailed them a couple of times with no response. I think I have to give up with them.
Sorry for your frustrations! Not sure who you're emailing and not getting a response, but shoot me a PM and I'll get you responded to ASAP. I am caught up on PM's as of right now! The phones ring off the hook all day every day, and sometimes it is difficult to get through. If you want the best chance of getting through on the phones, the morning phones are usually a bit slower than the afternoons and you'll have an easier time getting through then.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

I have a 224r cam i think only about 10hp apart from the 228r cam and more streetable if yours is a DD. If I had to do it again the 228-232 cam is good also 224-230. If yours is not a DD then get a v2 torquer or similar 232-236
. I also like the G5X1 228-232 very street friendly as well..

are u mainly looking for street power or track use? if track only get a g5x3
Old 07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

alright man i'll give ya'll a call i'm a little strung for cash right now because my money is tied up in customer's cars. I have to wait for payout on cars. Four cars go out of my paint booth this month so bringing in cash.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Sorry for your frustrations! Not sure who you're emailing and not getting a response, but shoot me a PM and I'll get you responded to ASAP. I am caught up on PM's as of right now! The phones ring off the hook all day every day, and sometimes it is difficult to get through. If you want the best chance of getting through on the phones, the morning phones are usually a bit slower than the afternoons and you'll have an easier time getting through then.
I didnt get a reply from my PM, and I sent it two days ago..but I can wait
Old 08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
I just called you guys last week and got someone on the phone right away. They definitely sound busy though.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had the ms3 in my 346 made 400 at the wheels and loved it. but now im going with a custom eps cam. will see how it works out!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

PMed u yesterday Matt. Ready to buy. When you get a chance reply back please. I can wait a couple days but I'm just waiting on the cam now to install the motor in the car.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kris Mangrum
PMed u yesterday Matt. Ready to buy. When you get a chance reply back please. I can wait a couple days but I'm just waiting on the cam now to install the motor in the car.
I don't see anything in my inbox, can you resend it?

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 08-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, resending it now. Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

everytime ive called or pm'd/emailed tsp theyve gotten back with me in a resonable time. but then again how many calls do they get that are just questions and not serious buyers? lol
i know ive called just to ask their opinion on something....but id have to say thanks to them
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Teching In

I have to say I've gotten annoyed with not getting a response when I am willing to spend my money on their product. I have had this problem with TSP and Kooks. I work during the day and can't sit on the phone, or keep redialing. Email is the best way. If I spell out what I have and what I want, a company should be able to get back in a week. No? I sent the last email to TSP a month ago. Why have the email there if it is just going to get blown off.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kris Mangrum
Yes, resending it now. Thanks
Nice chatting with you earlier! Thanks for your business!

Originally Posted by CenTex
I have to say I've gotten annoyed with not getting a response when I am willing to spend my money on their product. I have had this problem with TSP and Kooks. I work during the day and can't sit on the phone, or keep redialing. Email is the best way. If I spell out what I have and what I want, a company should be able to get back in a week. No? I sent the last email to TSP a month ago. Why have the email there if it is just going to get blown off.
I'm sorry to hear you've had problems getting a reply. There is no good excuse for that and we are addressing the problem. If there is anything I can help with in the future, please do not hesitate to PM, email, or call me. I stay more caught up on my emails and PM's than a few of the other guys simply because my name isn't listed on the site's contact us page and I don't get quite so hammered on them daily.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally would go with TSP. IMO you cant beat PROVEN power. I like the "here it is right here in front of my face" method of building motors. SHOW me what works. I want to SEE it work before I get it. If you do that then you know EXACTLY what youre getting. JMO
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the 228r I have with a 114 LSA but good god do I need to get my tune fixed. I'm learning but getting impatient. :-) I made 417whp/389wtrq with PRC II 5.3L heads and fast intake on a terribad tune going a bit lean to 13.4 near peak power and no spark tuning.

Quick Reply: help me pick a texas-speed cam