Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing TR 224 today what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS12Fast4U
Yea the cam will be here tomorrow. Im going to send it back and buy from another vendor. Im not sure who yet. I really dont want to wait another week and i like TR but thery left me in a bad spot. I may just buy from summit.

Ronson,

Here is my take on this. First, I was not aware of this until this morning. You ordered the camshaft late at night Monday July 5th to take advantage of the July 4th sale, which is great. I put in your order Tuesday morning July 6th, which it shipped out on the same day. I can provide tracking #'s if you would like. When you called in that Tuesday morning and asked how long it would take to get there, I did say that NORMAL shipping time from us to Idaho is 3 days to mid/southern Idaho and 4 days to northern Idaho, which you said was fine. I do not know ANY shipping company that guarantees ground shipping. I am sorry that Fedex held the package for whatever reasons for a couple extra days. The problem with some of these shipping companies is that it is extremely hard to change something in the shipping once it has left. They will not let you upgrade the shipping to next day when it has already left ground a couple days before hand. Normally any changes you make to the shipment or the address delays the shipping any further. If you have any other questions, just call me at the shop and we can discuss.

John
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This is the kind of problems you run into when you try doing engine mods to a daily driver. You are under a rush mentality the whole time and end up either making mistakes or Murphy's law kicks in.

Fed Ex delivers on a Tuesday to Saturday schedule, so you can't be pissed at TR because it didn't get to you by Saturday when you ordered it after business hours and they processed it and shipped it the next day. It's not like you ordered it Monday night, and were told it was in stock, and then you get a tracking number and see it wasn't shipped till Friday or Saturday.

Fact is, you planned this way too close, and because you were modding your primary car, it bit you in the butt. First word of advice I tell people who plan to do major work on their daily driver is to line up alternate transportation in case something goes wrong. You don't want to be up at midnight trying to get your car back together because you have to be in work at 7am the next day.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Yea the cam will be here tomorrow. Im going to send it back and buy from another vendor. Im not sure who yet. I really dont want to wait another week and i like TR but thery left me in a bad spot. I may just buy from summit.
I understand your frustration but you're just going to make it harder on yourself and spend more money if you send it back.

Just get over it and move on.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW... wait a minute... if TR shipped it the same day its outta their hands dude and id say thats pretty good on their part....Pay for the faster GUARANTEED shipping if you have a deadline. the way you initially posted made it sound like TR delayed the shipping. So TR did nothing wrong here and IMO deserves an apology.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

John i was un aware you shipped it out the same day we talked. Fedex told me it left on wed due to " insufficient information on your part". If what your saying is true then i appologize for being a complete PITA.

Update i did in fact keep the cam and after installing it, it actaully drives and idles for very good for not being tuned. I do not notice a difference in power but i know thats because it needs tuned. Tuning is tomorrow night when im off work so i will post numbers then.

Lastly, I would again like to appologize to TR, and John for over reacting. You are a great set of guys.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThunderStruk
Ronson,

Here is my take on this. First, I was not aware of this until this morning. You ordered the camshaft late at night Monday July 5th to take advantage of the July 4th sale, which is great. I put in your order Tuesday morning July 6th, which it shipped out on the same day. I can provide tracking #'s if you would like. When you called in that Tuesday morning and asked how long it would take to get there, I did say that NORMAL shipping time from us to Idaho is 3 days to mid/southern Idaho and 4 days to northern Idaho, which you said was fine. I do not know ANY shipping company that guarantees ground shipping. I am sorry that Fedex held the package for whatever reasons for a couple extra days. The problem with some of these shipping companies is that it is extremely hard to change something in the shipping once it has left. They will not let you upgrade the shipping to next day when it has already left ground a couple days before hand. Normally any changes you make to the shipment or the address delays the shipping any further. If you have any other questions, just call me at the shop and we can discuss.

John

I have used Thunder in the past for a number of purchases (big and small), and have never had any issues. They are one of the original shops on this board and have been in the lsx business for a long time.

Word of the wise, don't do a tear down until you have the parts.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Update on my dyno numbers. Im very pleased with the numbers and how easy it was to tune. I put down 389 RWTQ and 391 RWHP!!! That was 30 rwhp and 40 rwtq MORE then the Cheater V3 i had in originally. Car runs great and i was on a mustang dyno for this tune. ( when it was tuned for cheater V3 it was on dynojet ) I used a different company to tune this cam and im very pleased with there work.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The TR224 is still a great cam choice 8 or 9 years after it made it's debut. I am in the process of pulling mine, but that's because I'm going with a custom aftermarket casting head, and got a cam to match it's profile. But the fact is, the TR224 cam is pretty badass for stock to ported ls1 heads, no doubt, and with only ~.560 lift, it's not too terrible on springs either.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Update on my dyno numbers. Im very pleased with the numbers and how easy it was to tune. I put down 389 RWTQ and 391 RWHP!!! That was 30 rwhp and 40 rwtq MORE then the Cheater V3 i had in originally. Car runs great and i was on a mustang dyno for this tune. ( when it was tuned for cheater V3 it was on dynojet ) I used a different company to tune this cam and im very pleased with there work.
Nice power jump, and I bet the idle sounds a lot better also!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

yeah i loved my tr 224 cam. drove very good even before the tune
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ same with mine. If it was cold it searched for a good idle for about 15 sec and then settled in. But there was no surging or hesitation. Im very pleased.