Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wat you think about 32 valves LS1????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneStock
All these 4-valve motors seem to have a problem keeping up with my 2-valve OHV. Selling my DOHC cobra was the best thing I ever did
Old 01-30-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Scott Turvey
Hey, I know everybody is having a grand ole time with this one, but don't forget, when it comes to big-***, no-holds-barred peformance, the top engines have DOHC. T/F Hemi, IndyCar, any Le Mans runner.

This is like the argument about whether a man or woman is stronger. Amusing when you're talking in a relative sense, but when you reach the literal extremes, there's no contest. Not that there's anything wrong with that,and I mean this in the nicest possible. way ....

Any DOHC motors making 6,000+HP?

There are cam in block motors doing it.

Does T/F hemi mean Top Fuel? I just saw one with the valve covers off and I couldn't see one cam let alone two under the valve covers.

The C5R and the Viper both ran at LeMans.They both use cam in block.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lerajie
Any DOHC motors making 6,000+HP?

There are cam in block motors doing it.

Does T/F hemi mean Top Fuel? I just saw one with the valve covers off and I couldn't see one cam let alone two under the valve covers.

The C5R and the Viper both ran at LeMans.They both use cam in block.

You are being nice.

Yep, Top Fuel and Funny Car 6000 hp engines are based on the old pushrod Chrysler hemi. Of course the C5R and Viper are also pushrod engines.

Watch the 24 hrs of Daytona starting today (1/31). Quite a few pushrod engines. Some are DOHC. Either could win a class.

Indy cars (IRL & CART) do have DOHC.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNite383
The Cobra engine is another good example that the bigger intake runners in a small motor doesn't build quality low end power. Ford knew the only way to fill those intake runners faster was to use a blower. It works, but it's a band aid fix for a bad design in the first place.
I knew someone was going to say something stupid like this. It was inevitable in a 4V DOHC comparison thread.

...a bad design that is easily capable of 800rwhp on a completely stock motor.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneStock
All these 4-valve motors seem to have a problem keeping up with my 2-valve OHV. Selling my DOHC cobra was the best thing I ever did
After looking at the times in your sig, I think you're a bit mis-informed.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Launching!

All I have to say is DAYUM :-)
A little story a few months back. I was at some races somewhere (cant say where lol). I had a ricer come up to me and say "Wow does that have a cam in it?", I said "yes they all do" laughing. He said his buddy has a supra that can beat me blah blah blah. He said why you running that old technology motor man? I make over 2 HP/lter etc.. Supra makes over 2 also blah blah blah. I was like whatever, my other friend was like tell you what have your buddy bring his high tech ride along tonight and I will go home and get my low tech ride, and we can run for 500 bucks that you have to bring upfront.

32V blah blah blah BPU+ Supra
vs
Henessy 800TT Viper with Upgraded Turbos and tuning

Supra lost soo bad it was like a stock LS1 racing a Stock Civic.

At the end of the race buddy said "So how did you like the Low tech with twin turbos vs the High tech with twin turbos?"

Enough said
Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's just...******* rediculous.

Quick Reply: wat you think about 32 valves LS1????