Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP missing with g5x2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brent: George Benson tuned the car. He is an expert LS1Edit tuner.

Rob's got a few goodies on the way, I would bet on some nice dyno #'s coming soon.

- Matt
Old 01-24-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

see the sig below... i have no issues making 445 with NO TB yet through 2.5" from the collector back. i have changed my setup to the SW 3" X pipe to the factory Z06 exhaust to quiet it down some. i don't know what this will do for me yet but with the ported TB and exhaust mods i should pick up at least 8rwhp... there is something wrong... you will get it figured out... good luck!!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Roger,

You have to ask your self what your time would have been with the LG Pro Long Tubes. We lose NO hp to any header on the top end, but we pic up plenty of torque at the lower rpms. This low end torque is what will help your car, in the first 330'. ( even your a A4 with the high stall). A 6 speed car would benefit even more in the 330' with more low end torque.

The high stall A4 is the only thing that saves the shorter headers. I understand that you have what you have, and you probably don't want to change, but that doesn't mean that you are not losing low end hp. And your package may not be hurt that much by losing the low end torque.

Our headers are what they are. They make more low end, and that is a fact. If you don't think that it would help your package, then that is ok, but just knowing that there are cars that go fast without some particular mod, doesn't "Negate" the value of a particular mod.

Thanks
Lou G
I am about 99.9% sure your headers would not help my E.T's. Lou I'm not sure if you have ever made a pass in a stalled A4 before, but the car is below 5000 rpms for the first few feet of the 1320 and thats it. If I was buying headers for the first time I would strongly look at yours, but since I have already invested in these and ran a 10.73 at 126 mph-- I think am keeping them.

Old 01-25-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do a leakdown test on the car.

Think you will find cylinders at 10% or more cause of the valve seat problem with PP heads.

Pulled a set off a car this past week.Motor had 2 hours of run time and EVERY cylinder had +10% leakdown with a gapless ring.Turned out to be the valves leaking badly on random cylinders.

Just a hint for ya.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

seems like i am burning oil quickly gonna test the clynders make sure everything is alright down below
Old 01-25-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know there has been alot of complaints of oil consumption in the past and loose guide clearance with the pp heads but I thought they took care of the issues
Old 01-25-2004, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
I know there has been alot of complaints of oil consumption in the past and loose guide clearance with the pp heads but I thought they took care of the issues

What did they update on the heads to fix the oil consumption, cause i went through a lot of oil in the first 1000 miles i guzzled 2 quarts
Old 01-25-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow if you lost 2 quarts already you have a serious problem. its not going to be your major hp loss but im sure it does take away a bit. you should start another post about this issue to see how many come foward to see how common of a problem the oil consumption is. There were alot of pp guys pulling heads in the past year. i hope you can do it yourself to save $$$$.

Quick Reply: HP missing with g5x2 cam