Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 looking for cam upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 looking for cam upgrade

1st post on ls1 tech for me, (ive been stuck on thirdgen forever) anyways. i have what i belive is a lq9 in my 2001 gmc seirra 2500 hd. not the lq4 that wouldve come in that year because from what i understand the prev owner swapped in a 03 escalade 6.0. i cant find vins telling them apart. but anyways.

the truck has a rear mounted sts kit + intecooler upgr. i fear i have spun a rod bearing. while im pulling the engine i figured ill bump the power with a bumpstick. ive searched and failed at finding out about what year and what ls of engine i need for a cam. i found an 07 ls2 corvette cam + springs on ebay. but whats the deal with this front cam sensor baloney?

this is the add : Used camshaft and spring set from a 2007 LS2 Corvette w/ manual transmission. Everything is in good shape, this came from a 45k mile vehicle that we upgraded the cam and springs. Package includes cam and valve springs, as shown.

Fits all LS based engines 2005-2008 LS based engines w/ 3-bolt cam.

NOTE : This cam does not have the camshaft pickup on the back. If you plan on using this in a 97-04 LS engine application, you would need to use the LS2 style front cover and timing gear (not included).

thank you guys. truck is on 5 psi boost. it is not a racetruck,, just gonna be a future hauler.

Quick Reply: lq9 looking for cam upgrade