Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing cams, need some help with choosing products, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedmaroSS
To tell you the truth I dont think your going to get what you want out of either of those cams based on what youve described, maybe someone else will chime in but its not just buying a big cam and making power ya you'll make power but maybe not where you want it, is this going to be more a track car or a fun cruiser?
I want a track car... As thats what it will be in a couple weeks, but what removes the "fun cruiser" aspect for you? For me.. I have been driving triple plate clutches, manuals with a completely excessive amount of power on the roads for 11 years now.. sound and difficulty to drive do not remove that aspect of a fun cruising car for me.. hell, since I bought this car I have driven it without the cutout on.. I know people have different oppinions about this.. I like loud, annoying, hard to drive cars.. And if thats what the cam affects, then I dont mind.. the power the cam produces is more important to me.. now what cam would you go with..
Old 10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kmracer
i dont see a reason to pull the heads, buy new head bolt/gaskets, etc. if he were swapping heads, SURE, but he's not. the motor only has 100k....

pushrods YES.

"not only that, but stronger/thicker pushrods are more important fresh than lifters."
I think this post confused me the most lol...
1 you.. have to pull heads to get to lifters right? lol
2 when you pull heads you need new head gasket/bolts right? If I am wrong please correct me! but I know bolts get torqued and gasket gets compressed.. soooo thought you gotta swap em also..
3 as far as lifters go.. not about "freshness", its about "brokeness", swapping em cause I have to, already decided to do pushrods with this project.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Im just gonna put this out there,Stop acting like a dick,You might get more help!!!! You only need 1 cam!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HaulinHawk
Im just gonna put this out there,Stop acting like a dick,You might get more help!!!! You only need 1 cam!!!!!
k, sorry, getting frustrated... yes, 1 cam, xer or v3 listed on first post.. what would you go with?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eray
I think the balancer bolt is not reusable
Thank you, this was a big question I had
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fueltruck
k, sorry, getting frustrated... yes, 1 cam, xer or v3 listed on first post.. what would you go with?
If i had to pick from those 2,the v3.I would actually go bigger than those 2.Its all about the tuner with big cams.I dd mine for almost a year.You said it would only be your daily for a short time right.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Teching In

If i had to pick from those 2,the v3.I would actually go bigger than those 2.Its all about the tuner with big cams.I dd mine for almost a year.You said it would only be your daily for a short time right.
yessir, DD untill I sell my other car, not to long. hmm, what would you suggest as far as bigger? thought this was as big as you can go with double springs/retainers/lifters/pushrods.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fueltruck
yessir, DD untill I sell my other car, not to long. hmm, what would you suggest as far as bigger? thought this was as big as you can go with double springs/retainers/lifters/pushrods.
What exactly do u want to do,1/4 mile?How hard u wanna push it ,rpm wise?Im spinning mine to 6800rpms,stock bottom end,stock heads,cam only and bolt-ons.Decide what exactly u wanna do,how hard u wanna push it and shoot PatrickG a pm.He is the cam guru on here.Or give one of the sponsors a call,a complete cam kit from them will prolly save u some dough.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Cant go wrong with Texas Speed,Thunder,or Livernois Motorsports.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Teching In

What exactly do u want to do,1/4 mile?How hard u wanna push it ,rpm wise?Im spinning mine to 6800rpms,stock bottom end,stock heads,cam only and bolt-ons.Decide what exactly u wanna do,how hard u wanna push it and shoot PatrickG a pm.He is the cam guru on here.Or give one of the sponsors a call,a complete cam kit from them will prolly save u some dough.
Thank you for your time. appreciate it. have a good day