Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trex vs MS4 and 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And its not like you can't roll one of these cams on stock gears,it would just help get you into the higher rpms where you will get the most out of it,I agree the trex sounds the best,and since you have all ready did the fly cutting I would say go with that one.I own a m6 and even with the stock gears the ms4 still was a really fun car to drive ,I don't know much about autos but I know a big stall will help the best, the torquerv3 is a nice cam,but sounds like you want extreme! Again I love the ms4 and was really happy with it,
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
And its not like you can't roll one of these cams on stock gears,it would just help get you into the higher rpms where you will get the most out of it,I agree the trex sounds the best,and since you have all ready did the fly cutting I would say go with that one.I own a m6 and even with the stock gears the ms4 still was a really fun car to drive ,I don't know much about autos but I know a big stall will help the best, the torquerv3 is a nice cam,but sounds like you want extreme! Again I love the ms4 and was really happy with it,
not that i would want extreme i just want a good source or power.
and a nice sound to go with it.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Well there are lots of cams that will get ya a good sound and good gains,without going with the biggest freaking cam you could cram in a ls1 lol,I love the t rex and it sounds bad ***,and since you have all ready fly cut just go with the t rex,as long as you have a really good tuner,do all the other mods at some point I think you'll love it, I really was happy with the ms4,it runs really well on the street. What kind of future mods are you planning on? Some sauce,?heads?maybe a fast setup,.what numbers are you shootin for even though its way better to shoot for a time.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well there are lots of cams that will get ya a good sound and good gains,without going with the biggest freaking cam you could cram in a ls1 lol,I love the t rex and it sounds bad ***,and since you have all ready fly cut just go with the t rex,as long as you have a really good tuner,do all the other mods at some point I think you'll love it, I really was happy with the ms4,it runs really well on the street. What kind of future mods are you planning on? Some sauce,?heads?maybe a fast setup,.what numbers are you shootin for even though its way better to shoot for a time.
i dont have cut pistons
i have not mounted the heads but when i do i plan to put them on with a fast manifold and some spray
Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Captain Double Post

I hope whatever you get your happy with,I called tsp more than twice and thunder racing once,there both great sponsers,and there not gonna turn you in a wrong direction.they are gonna give you the best info,its nice to hear what guys are running and how they like them but texas speed they will just tell ya how it is,again good luck I spent a lot of time reading and calling shops before I made my choice.take care man,and if your in ohio and wanna check the ms4 out hit me back,God bless
Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Captain Double Post

Ws6 kid um yeah this isn't your thread lol,I was speaking more towards trans am1,he all ready stated he had all ready did fly cutting,and anyone that is gonna go with a trex,ms4 etc its kinda extreme,and if your looking to just have a ride with good power and good sound with a nice power band there are many ways to get that, but transam1 sounds like he is into a more aggresive cam,
Old 10-29-2010, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
I had a vig 4400 410s and my ten bolt lasted and is still lasting for two years.

Power is not everything, a better matched setup will always outperform a slightly higher HP mismatched setup.
Not to mention the power between the two is going to be less than 5rwhp.
You want it to sound more or less radical, adjust the idle.
yep a friend of mine said the same thing right up about two weeks ago that would be when his ten bolt let go and now hes putting a 12 bolt in ... so remember your days are numbered wether you want to beleive it or not and his car is a 99 z28 4500 410 11.80ish +/-
Old 10-29-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ws6 kid um yeah this isn't your thread lol,I was speaking more towards trans am1,he all ready stated he had all ready did fly cutting,and anyone that is gonna go with a trex,ms4 etc its kinda extreme,and if your looking to just have a ride with good power and good sound with a nice power band there are many ways to get that, but transam1 sounds like he is into a more aggresive cam,
yes im sorry if the jacked the thread
i just know that the forum rules say that they rather us do a search then just start a new one.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NHRA4MULA
yep a friend of mine said the same thing right up about two weeks ago that would be when his ten bolt let go and now hes putting a 12 bolt in ... so remember your days are numbered wether you want to beleive it or not and his car is a 99 z28 4500 410 11.80ish +/-
ouch that scares me =/
Old 10-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Captain Double Post

Oh I don't care lol,just was wondering why all the sudden you didn't fly cut and then you didn't want extreme,lol I was thinking oh he is one of these guys lol, its all good ws6 what's your goals
Old 10-29-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh I don't care lol,just was wondering why all the sudden you didn't fly cut and then you didn't want extreme,lol I was thinking oh he is one of these guys lol, its all good ws6 what's your goals
replied to your msg
Old 10-29-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE If you were on motor it either wasn't a Z or the guy couldn't drive worth ****. you aren't smoking any Z with your lazy 450whp and stalled auto. That stalled auto isn't hanging from a 60 roll with a near 130 mph car.

let me check my schedule and see when I can make a 20 hour trip to race some fool on the net.[/QUOTE]

Dude why the F**k would've I be lying I know there are bunch a cars faster then mine and If I loose I loose!! I am not like you I don't think im the f**king ****!! If you don't believe it guess what I don't give a DAMN!! and to Transam1 Go with the MS4!!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 09camaro383
[QUOTE If you were on motor it either wasn't a Z or the guy couldn't drive worth ****. you aren't smoking any Z with your lazy 450whp and stalled auto. That stalled auto isn't hanging from a 60 roll with a near 130 mph car.

let me check my schedule and see when I can make a 20 hour trip to race some fool on the net.
Dude why the F**k would've I be lying I know there are bunch a cars faster then mine and If I loose I loose!! I am not like you I don't think im the f**king ****!! If you don't believe it guess what I don't give a DAMN!! and to Transam1 Go with the MS4!![/QUOTE]

I said it was one of two things. If it was a z, he couldn't drive. I never said you lied, lets try comprehension.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
Dude why the F**k would've I be lying I know there are bunch a cars faster then mine and If I loose I loose!! I am not like you I don't think im the f**king ****!! If you don't believe it guess what I don't give a DAMN!! and to Transam1 Go with the MS4!!
I said it was one of two things. If it was a z, he couldn't drive. I never said you lied, lets try comprehension.[/QUOTE]

Hey hey guys! Help me choose a cam!
Not fighting
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM
8 Second Club

T-REX all the way...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Captain Double Post

You know I have only seen one video of a ms4 vs a trex,and the ms4 killed it,but I wish there were more runs of other people to see how they match up,any t rex people in northern ohio hit me up let's get some runs in so we can see if one is really that much better,since you have all ready fly cut I would lean towards the t rex but I'm going off of videos I have heard that thing sounds great. I can tell you the ms4 is a really good cam,I'm so glad that is what I went with ,sounds great and it pulls like crazy on the top end,I haven't really searched that much but I would like to see some track times of the t rex cam only,we need some more people in here that run the t rex
Old 10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

its in the cam only thread like 5 or more time fastest cam only and thunder racing says it easy to hit 430 to 450 hp with just TRex and springs ls6 intake and long tube headers from what I have read the TRex makes the most HP and I am going nuts tryin to get my build done.. I cant wait to run my car and lay the 10 bolt to waste
Old 10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Captain Double Post

That's a lot yeah I'm sure there are a few times in the cam only and what not,but I just would like to see 2 street cars with similiar mods ms4 vs the t rex,like I said there was one I saw but it wasn't enough to say one is better than another,what rpm does the t rex make its peak power?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a lot yeah I'm sure there are a few times in the cam only and what not,but I just would like to see 2 street cars with similiar mods ms4 vs the t rex,like I said there was one I saw but it wasn't enough to say one is better than another,what rpm does the t rex make its peak power?
I think i might just go for a custom cam from pat g.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Teching In

its all in the set up and tune! well u have to be able to handle power like that lol
anyways ive beatin pleanty of z06's the trex is nasty i have only raced the ms3 and that was a jk. but remember its all in the setup and tune!

im pretty sure the Trex is in most of the best cam only records, those people cant be wrong

oh and its my DD

Quick Reply: Trex vs MS4 and 3