Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Warranty Statement

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warrany looks like most others, good to know there is one, and it implies people will be taken care of. Other engine damage from the head I'm sure will be handled on a case by case basis from patriot.

Spanky, just curious, but why are you spearheading the PP threads that pop up? So far I haven't seen patriot do anything wrong or out of line, but you seem to be "stepping up" and being a little bit agressive (even if you are pretending you arent, by trying to sound civil) in each of the PP threads.

I know it sucks when a car part fails, and its definitly good to post about them when they do so others can make choices, but you seem to be going above and beyond the call of duty, almost as if you were geraldo riviera doing some undercover assignment. If your engine was down due to this issue, I could understand a bit more, but yours isnt is it?

From here on, if you don't have anything useful to say about the situation, you need to stay out of this thread.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmX
Spanky, just curious, but why are you spearheading the PP threads that pop up? So far I haven't seen anybody do anything wrong or out of line, but you seem to be "stepping up" and being a little bit agressive (even if you are pretending you arent, by trying to sound civil) in each of the PP threads.

From here on, if you don't have anything useful to say about the situation, you need to stay out of this thread.
I am not "spearheading" anything. I am offering my opinion on a public message forum. I'll stay out of it. I don't understand why my opinion or input is any more/less valuable than others, but I'll keep my mouth shut. Please PM me and let me know how I was "spearheading" this thread, or how my input was any less useful than anybody elses, though, ok? I'm glad to see being a site sponsor buys protection rom legitimate concerns and questions, and shields you from those who refuse to drink the kool-aid.

Shawn
Old 02-09-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
I am not "spearheading" anything. I am offering my opinion on a public message forum. I'll stay out of it. I don't understand why my opinion or input is any more/less valuable than others, but I'll keep my mouth shut. Please PM me and let me know how I was "spearheading" this thread, or how my input was any less useful than anybody elses, though, ok? I'm glad to see being a site sponsor buys protection rom legitimate concerns and questions, and shields you from those who refuse to drink the kool-aid.

Shawn
I think what he's saying is let the proof come in and lets try and find out what the real cause was before continuing your crusade.. because I for one definitely sensed the "spearheading" as well.. relax..
Old 02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hmm, when a certain piston company had several failures of pistons a few years back in Cup, the piston company didn't warranty any product. It is part of our industry. . .when that engine is modified beyond the entended power range. . .the owner of the car has lit the fuse to a ticking timebomb. The question is not if but when there will be failure. Your right, some don't ever have problems, but we are dealing with man made parts. . you will have some type of failure.

PP, Absolute, TEA, etc. . .all have to make a living at this. All I'm sure have good products, but each will have failures. . .its reality.. . it sucks. These situations need to be handled between the customer and the company.. . the results will come out after the parties have reached a resolution. . .until then we really know nothing.

Chris
Old 02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LowETz
The reason I purchased my heads from another well known vendor(beyond the obvious power they make) is that TEA offers a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty on parts, machining, craftsmanship and castings(*failure due to user abuse not included*)

Just an FYI
I thought it was 2yr/24,000 miles whichever came first?

Either way, best warranty out there (warranty applies to heads and valvetrain only)
Old 02-09-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
I thought it was 2yr/24,000 miles whichever came first?

Either way, best warranty out there (warranty applies to heads and valvetrain only)
Actually.... it is as I decribed....those words are straight from the horse's mouth. Agree'd on warranty quality
Old 02-09-2004, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody else think this whole deal is strange?? The "person" with the LS6 style head in question has yet to post on this board or contact Terry at Patriot I know that if my motor would crapped out and I was so quick to point the finger, I would have used that finger to dial the phone or send an email. The person, that is a board member here, with the 5.7 head that had a GM INSTALLED seat in their head has been in contact with Patriot.. but the person that has started it all remains silent............................................ .................................................. ................................

As far as warranty issues are concerned, I don't think I have ever read of any sponsor not "making right" a concern with their heads. This has been the pattern of all our supporting sponsors and I don't see it ending anytime soon.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Very Strange Indeed!! Seems the vultures are circling long before the carcass so to say. BTW, I have 2 sets of Patriot 5.3's Terry's sending me later this week.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

There seems to be something strange about the whole situation. Maybe an IP check is in order.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LowETz
Actually.... it is as I decribed....those words are straight from the horse's mouth. Agree'd on warranty quality
That's even more awesome
Old 02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
What is this, PATRIOT crucifiction week?

It sucks to be the recieving end of a malfunctioned product. This guy's engine suffered damage. That's horrible.

But, the manner in which post after post has manifested itself here by a certain "camp" of members whose bias is, lets say, NOT favorable towards Patriot is inexcusable.

One thing is to discruss and bring to light technical problems. Another is to drag a Sponsor's reputation through the mud by posting someone's 1/2 brother's cousin's mishap with said product.
I agree here. There's too many people bashing Patriot. I think there customer service is excellent as well as thier products. I guess things will never change.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

i think alot of yall are out too jump the gun too fast. and in my opion the one with the ls6 heads that hasnt contacted terry or even scared anough on here to post say screw him he has dug him self a hole, even on that other site where he posted said he wanted remburstment for everything, why whould u say that and try and be stealthy about not posting here? sounds fishy too me,

i own 5.3 pp heads and love them and i talk to terry alot and he is a stand up guy helps any way he can keep up the good work PP.

if yall going be crying about **** breaking dont mod your car *** soon as you mod it that the chance your takeing,
Old 02-09-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

I dont know long many of you have been on the boards but do any of you remember the pre-blue stripe comp 918 springs? When they started breaking did anybody get there engines replaced (they might of I honsetly dont know)? I know they replaced the springs and thats it. Everybody still buys the 918 now after they fixed that problem and I sure patriot will be the same. How about the Granatelli MAF wars, that was a good one and his product still sells (I think).
I learnerd the hard expensive way. A company can make/claim this and that but its what they do when theres a problem that defines who are the greats.

Last edited by 9T9BlueTA; 02-09-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:36 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
That is probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever read. Would you be saying "You get what you pay for. If you wanted a head that wouldn't blow up your motor *allegedly* you would have spent a couple hundred more dollars? No, you wouldn't, especailly if it was your motor. Thanks for further illustrating the rediculiousity (is that a word ) of this situation.

FYI, the $1900 heads in question are in the same $$$ range as the TEAs and the AS heads, even with the core charge.

Shawn
Your wrong on that one! Absolute speed is $2600 NOT inclunding your LS6 core. I look at it as a $1800.00 difference. Thats ALOT!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point with the comp 918's.
Many lost their *** in that deal.
We still dont have a full report as to what happened.
If this motor is fu%ked because of the heads and PP dosen't take care of the problem 100 % I could care less if they stayed a sponsor. At the same time if it was their fault and they took care of everything I would respect the a ton and hope they never leave.
I hate the fact the people compair the PP heads to AS or TEA's, there is no comparision. I think if you called PP and asked them they would even say that they don't quite measure up to the other 2 companies. They made a cheeper head for those who have more of a budget.
You cant expect them to compete with the top dawgs when the are in the middle dawgs price range.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:27 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Good point with the comp 918's.
Many lost their *** in that deal.
We still dont have a full report as to what happened.
If this motor is fu%ked because of the heads and PP dosen't take care of the problem 100 % I could care less if they stayed a sponsor. At the same time if it was their fault and they took care of everything I would respect the a ton and hope they never leave.
I hate the fact the people compair the PP heads to AS or TEA's, there is no comparision. I think if you called PP and asked them they would even say that they don't quite measure up to the other 2 companies. They made a cheeper head for those who have more of a budget.
You cant expect them to compete with the top dawgs when the are in the middle dawgs price range.
REALLY! I happen to have a set of LS6 style heads from PP. Who wants to compare flow bench #'s. Same day, same bench side by side. Out flow mine by 10cfm and I'll buy them. No bs, anyone that knows me, knows that I will stick to my word. Who's up to go against my buget heads??? Anyone? I'll video tape the whole process.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Launching!

This whole thing is just a bunch of ****. You want a reliable car, DON'T MODIFY IT. You modify, to take risks, PERIOD. You put an ATI supercharger on your car and blow a hole in a piston. ATI's fault? Nope, you bought it and put it on. You buy Patriot heads and they drop a seat and wreck your motor? Patriots fault. Nope. You bought the heads. You should have ported them your damn self if you wanted "perfect" heads. If they INTENTIONALLY sent out defective heads, by all means, run them over the coals, shut them down. This is obviously not the case since they will warranty the heads, you know they're not warranty'ing them to make MORE money, they do it to satisfy the customer. Buy a set of custom JE pistons and have one come apart and wreck your engine, then call JE and tell them you want a new motor. Yeah right. I had an entire engine DESTROYED by a spark plug that exploded. So, I'm writing NGK a letter asking them for $11,000.

It's called racing boys, you got to pay to play. Some win, some lose. When your next valve spring breaks, bends a valve, and cracks a piston, go ahead and give Comp or Crane a call and tell them you want a new engine. Hold the phone away from your ear though, as the laughter from the other end may hurt your ear drum.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
REALLY! I happen to have a set of LS6 style heads from PP. Who wants to compare flow bench #'s. Same day, same bench side by side. Out flow mine by 10cfm and I'll buy them. No bs, anyone that knows me, knows that I will stick to my word. Who's up to go against my buget heads??? Anyone? I'll video tape the whole process.
Are you really willing to put up to $4000 on those PP LS6 style heads? Seems like you'd have bought better heads in the first place if you have that kind of money to throw around. At least one sponsor this board has REAL LS6 heads that have gone 340+

Where are you located?

Maybe we can get together and do some flow testing. Flow testing with the LS6 intake in place should be fun. I'd like to see what a set of PP LS6 style heads flow on the bench I have my stuff tested on.

PM if you want to see if we can work something out.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:40 AM
FormerVendor

Hell, I would be glad to take that bet. I have already flowed the PP LS6 head against the TEA 5.3 side by side and the TEA kicked the PPs *** by 12 cfm @ .600 lift....

Disclaimer: Not bashing, I have flow data to back my claims and I was just offering something to this guys challenge....
Old 02-10-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you read the last statement from the poor guy he said he is taking the heads to some shops to get other opinions.