Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Warranty Statement

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Patriot Performance Warranty Statement

Here is a copy of the warranty for Patriot Cylinder Heads.

Limited Six-Month Warranty:

Patriot Performance warrants its cylinder heads to the original purchaser only. For so long as the original owner has possession of the head(s), a six-month warranty is extended that covers defects in both workmanship and material of the cylinder heads, provided that the head(s) are properly installed, not altered or abused. Patriot Performance will, at it’s sole discretion, repair or replace the heads that failed due to defective workmanship or materials. This is limited to cylinder head castings only. Any claimed head defects must be returned to purchase location for inspection, copy of original purchase must accompany claim or claim is invalid. Should claim be substantiated, repaired or replacement cylinder heads will be forwarded to retail sales outlet that sold the heads originally. Warranty covers cylinder heads only, and not the cost of installation or removal. No consequential, related, incidental, or punitive damages including lost time, rentals, loss of profit or income or personal injury may be claimed against Patriot Performance. Patriot Performance cylinder heads may not be street legal and may violate factory warranties. Valve train warranty, valves, springs, retainers, locks, and seals have a 90-day warranty. This warranty is for replacement only. Claimed defective parts must be returned to purchase location for inspection. Only those valve train parts sold through Patriot Performance and their distributors will be considered for warranty replacement. Valve train warranty does not include installation, removal or related parts.

*Acceptance of these heads and parts is considered acceptance of this warranty.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, so if your heads drop a seat resulting in an engine failure, not only won't you pay for subsequent damage caused by dropped seat, but you expect the customer to be satisfied with the only compensation being another set of the same brand heads that damaged his/her engine in the first place?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your position on these failures? Do you think they were caused by something other than head failure? You have undoubtedly seen the pics and talked to those who have had issues, what are your findings or preliminary thoughts? What are you telling the people that have your heads or prospective buyers that are concerned about their heads? (Since I posted and removed the second failure link, I have had 15-20 PMs and emails from PP head owners/prospective buyers wanting to see the information for themselves, that they were concerned).

I assume that your posting this means that you and PP claim no responsibility for the cases that are known, and that the consumer is responsible for all damages, correct? Or am I reading your post and intent wrong? Not flaming, genuinely curious.

Shawn
Old 02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have talked with one of the parties involved today.The person with the LS6 style head has not come forward.At this time,I do not have all the facts.

Previous to this statement there was no warranty on any products.

Why don't you read the warranty statement for other cylinder head companies.This warranty is right inline with others.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I think you need to call Dart, World, Brodix, Edelbrock, Canfield, AFR, Profiler, CFE, BlueThunder, Eliminator, All Pro, Champion, etc... and get there warranty statement. Actually Patriots is a little better, most state.. "due to the intended use of this product no warranty is implied or stated." Since you are modifying an engine to exceed its original power output then "its your baby." As manufacturer we have no knowledge of your installation ability. Thats why I always say, take it to someone who is qualified to do it.

Chris
Old 02-09-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

So I take it there are no mileage limits on this limited warranty?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jay from ABSOLUTE offers a 1 year waranty on crafstmanship. and i believe TEA does also. im sure they will post theirs soon.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

The reason I purchased my heads from another well known vendor(beyond the obvious power they make) is that TEA offers a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty on parts, machining, craftsmanship and castings(*failure due to user abuse not included*)

Just an FYI
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
Previous to this statement there was no warranty on any products.
Seemingly, that answers the question that everybody was asking.

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
Why don't you read the warranty statement for other cylinder head companies.This warranty is right inline with others.
See above.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Keep in mind things aren't always as clear as the written word, especially when there is Federal Legislation directly on point. You have a specific warranty addressing the concept of incidental or consequential damages. Nevertheless, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the federal law governing consumer product warranties and, when appropriate, trumps the manufacturer's warranty given to the consumer. It supplements state law regarding the protection of consumers where warranty issues exist. You have to be aware of what your state requires or even allows regarding the exclusion of consequental damages. It may not allow such exclusions.

Your jurisdiction may prohibit a seller or manufacturer from limiting the end user from seeking consequental damages, regardless of what may be included in the terms of the warranty. I'm sure you've seen the following in one form or another: "SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS." Well, you'll have to ask your lawyer if your state allows your company to limit your exposure to the repair or replacement of only the head(s) or related components or whether there may be exposure for the cost of the entire engine.

Steve
Old 02-09-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Seemingly, that answers the question that everybody was asking.

You get what you pay for. If people wanted a better warranty I am sure that they could have spent a lot more and sent in their cores, but they decided to spend less and not have to send in cores so yes they probably are SOL.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
You get what you pay for. If people wanted a better warranty I am sure that they could have spent a lot more and sent in their cores, but they decided to spend less and not have to send in cores so yes they probably are SOL.
That's pretty hard to send in a core when you dont have one. $1900 LS6 heads and a $1200 core charge
Old 02-09-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

That warranty is similar to ANY aftermarket part warranty I have ever seen.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
That is probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever read. Would you be saying "You get what you pay for. If you wanted a head that wouldn't blow up your motor *allegedly* you would have spent a couple hundred more dollars? No, you wouldn't, especailly if it was your motor. Thanks for further illustrating the rediculiousity (is that a word ) of this situation.

FYI, the $1900 heads in question are in the same $$$ range as the TEAs and the AS heads, even with the core charge.

Shawn
Old 02-09-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
That is probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever read. Would you be saying "You get what you pay for. If you wanted a head that wouldn't blow up your motor *allegedly* you would have spent a couple hundred more dollars? No, you wouldn't, especailly if it was your motor. Thanks for further illustrating the rediculiousity (is that a word ) of this situation.

FYI, the $1900 heads in question are in the same $$$ range as the TEAs and the AS heads, even with the core charge.

Shawn
From AS website, Stage2 LS6 heads: $1899, core charge $1200 = over $3k, and that does not include shipping.

I understand what you are saying though, you get what you pay for, but not all of us can afford $3k for a set of heads, that is the only point i am trying to make. And as stated, the warranty is pretty much like any aftermarket part warranty. you gotta pay to play and take the risk. Some people get lucky and never have a problem and others dont. That is just part of it.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Shawn
How much are their LS6 heads again? They also offer your personal choice of CC size? Price something that is close to what PP offers for a price that is close to what PP offers, then you may have me convinced that indeed they are getting the sh$t end of this stick. Unfortunately nobody offers what PP does for that price so there is really no comparison.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:27 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is this, PATRIOT crucifiction week?

It sucks to be the recieving end of a malfunctioned product. This guy's engine suffered damage. That's horrible.

But, the manner in which post after post has manifested itself here by a certain "camp" of members whose bias is, lets say, NOT favorable towards Patriot is inexcusable.

One thing is to discruss and bring to light technical problems. Another is to drag a Sponsor's reputation through the mud by posting someone's 1/2 brother's cousin's mishap with said product.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

You don't need a AS or TEA LS6 head to compare to a PP "LS6" head. A 5.3 head from either AS or TEA is more than enough head to outperform a PP "LS6" head. So, compare apples to apples. A TEA or AS LS6 head will outflow a PP "LS6" head by 20cfm or more.....

Shawn
Old 02-09-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

FYI: I checked out some of the others sponsors sites for warranty info and found nothing, it would be very helpful if warranty info was posted on the site for all the see before they buy a product.

I know its not for heads, but here is just a comparison as far as aftermarket warranties go:

Yank Converters, Inc. will warrant that each new competition torque converter sold by Yank or an authorized distributor will be free from defects in workmanship and material for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase. Yank Converters, Inc. will repair or replace, at their discretion, the defective converter at no charge to the customer. The customer is responsible for any freight or shipping charges incurred by the return of defective parts. Warranties are transferable when requested in writing to Yank and the installation is performed by an authorized Yank installation facility. For warranty to be transferable when installed by a non-authorized installation center, Yank must be able to inspect the converter before it's installed into the new recipients vehicle. Customers must submit copy of installation/repair order within 10 days of the installation in order for the warranty to be valid.

This warranty does not apply to unsatisfactory torque converter performance that is attributed to factors other than defects in material or workmanship. Warranties do not cover failure of a Yank product due to misapplication, improper installation or maintenance, failure to provide adequate cooling or maintain proper fluid levels, misuse, abuse, unauthorized repairs, disassembly, or accidents. Warranty is void if the converter is subjected to abnormal transmission parameters such as excessive line pressure, non-stock programming, manual lock-up switches and SES lights. This warranty expressly does not cover loss or injury from use of the product.

Transmissions:

Yank Converters, Inc. will warrant that each new competition transmission sold by Yank or an authorized distributor will be free of defects in workmanship and material for a period of 90 days on labor and 60 days on parts from the date of shipping. After 60 days, there will be a charge for parts. Transmissions are warranted to the original purchaser only. Yank recommends you keep your sales receipt during the warranty period. In returning merchandise, a copy of the invoice must be sent with the unit. Any returned transmission must be shipped pre-paid to Yank. Yank will quickly inspect the transmission and contact the customer with the findings. Any out of warranty claim will not be honored under any circumstances. In the case of a warranty denial, Yank will contact the customer with an estimate of repair. Yank may dispose of the transmission in 30 days if no contact from the customer is made to repair the transmission. All Yank competition transmissions must run a transmission cooler in addition to the stock radiator trans cooler.

This warranty does not cover: Failure to maintain proper fluid levels or cooling. Water damage of any kind. Improper installation or maintenance. Misuse. Abuse. Unauthorized repairs. Accidents. Modifications to design of unit. Damage to related components. Removal or replacement cost. Transmission fluid or shipping cost. Loss or Injury from use or operation of a Yank competition transmission or product. Costs due to down time.

Any shipping damages-claim must be submitted to the freight company.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
This guy's engine suffered damage. That's horrible.
Correction: Those guys......