Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Lifters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xemeth
OK, but why change to LS7 lifters. Or are they just a replacement if you have bad ones. My stock lifters look to be in perfect shape, so I'm not gonna spend $125 that I don't need to if the LS7 ones aren't really better.
The LS7 lifters are just a replacement if you are replacing your stock lifters for whatever reason. If you go to a GM parts vendor (GM dealership) and ask for new lifters for you LS1, they will sell you LS7 lifters because LS1 lifters are no longer in production.

The OP in this thread decided to update lifters in conjunction with a cam change presumably because the existing lifters had 112k on them.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
if you have STOCK heads, why in the sam hell would you change the valvesprings and lifters and pushrods?

You DO all that AFTER you bend a pushrod or break a valve.

Save your money. You will see NO gain of ANYTHING.

Use that money on go-fast parts.

Headers. Y pipe, catback.

How is it part of the deal where you dont work on it? Please explain.

Thanks
It has nothing to do with whether or not the heads are stock. You would need to change the springs and pushrods with a CAM, which he said he just purchased. Lifters are cheap insurance.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

no I bought the car done. The car has full boltons and a cam, and stage four strano suspension. Being fully built I made a deal with my grandfather to get the car, but I had to drive it and not mod it like my 1990. He doesnt understand that ill need valvesprings so that i dont break one. He thinks you get in and drive and never look back. so, im just oging to do valve springs at a buddies house. thats why I dont want to do heads, ill have to transport tools and wont be at my shop. any clearer?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

oh I hear ya! Sounds like a great driver. Very cool bro. Wish my (late) grandfather was like that. He was into his New York Lottery and friggin tomato/pepper garden. Thats IT! lol. I loved him to death anyways
Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

same as mine. he saved and saved and is spoiling his grandkids im payin him back of course but its much better than 22% interest or something crazy

Quick Reply: LS7 Lifters?